• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

A closed doors lottery where the only people there is what weasel bettman and his sidekick? And we suppose to trust them?

hardly 

Imagine thinking we need to lose games in order improve our chances to win the lottery

And also thinking the lottery is rigged and Bettman picks the winners not based on wins or losses

enhanced-15446-1457976375-10.png?downsiz

35 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why would NHL owners rig a lottery against themselves?  Or did you think Gary Bettman was like the NHL dictator?

Also, it's not "closed door". Every NHL team has a representative in the room during the lottery. 

Maybe look into these things?

Bettman is there to do what’s in the best interest of the league and owners?getting people to fill up that empty arena in nj I’m sure is a goal ,and can’t have n.y one of the biggest markets if not biggest be s*** for a very long time ,  not good for the arena 

your gonna actually pretend it was pure luck that the pens won crosby just when the team was on the verge of bankruptcy and relocation? Surely you can’t be that naive 

if they have nothing to hide then do the lottery live on tv 

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Imagine thinking we need to lose games in order improve our chances to win the lottery

And also thinking the lottery is rigged and Bettman picks the winners not based on wins or losses

enhanced-15446-1457976375-10.png?downsiz

Imagine counting on internet friends on a msg board not jump off a bridge 

imagine 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bettman is there to do what’s in the best interest of the league and owners?getting people to fill up that empty arena in nj I’m sure is a goal ,and can’t have n.y one of the biggest markets if not biggest be s*** for a very long time ,  not good for the arena 

your gonna actually pretend it was pure luck that the pens won crosby just when the team was on the verge of bankruptcy and relocation? Surely you can’t be that naive 

imagine 

Boohoo, do a back flip or it doesn't count

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

imagine 

Do you think McDavid would be rotting away in Edmonton if the draft lottery was rigged?!

The NHL provides the franchise player, that player plays like a franchise player, he can't help the team build around him, can't sign UFA'S or hire coaches. Said player sells tickets and merch. Uncle Gary does not care about if the team wins, he cares about having reasons for fans to spend money. Detroit has one of the largest fan bases in the NHL, he feels they don't need a #1 pick to make money. It's all about money and that's why the lottery is rigged.

I'm not so mad that we dropped as I am of 2 of the 3 teams that won.

Edited by LeftWinger

Here's why you can be sure there's no NHL conspiracy.  Because Gary Bettman still has a job.  If the owners, who tell Gary what to do, wanted him to conspire to make Edmonton a championship caliber team through draft picks then he's failed miserably.  If they wanted him to stop Detroit from being successful then he's failed miserably.  If they wanted him to make New Jersey relevant to the NHL then he's failed miserably.  And billionaires generally don't let failures run their enterprises for too long. 

There is no conspiracy, it's just something stupid people think when they don't get exactly what they want.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Here's why you can be sure there's no NHL conspiracy.  Because Gary Bettman still has a job.  If the owners, who tell Gary what to do, wanted him to conspire to make Edmonton a championship caliber team through draft picks then he's failed miserably.  If they wanted him to stop Detroit from being successful then he's failed miserably.  If they wanted him to make New Jersey relevant to the NHL then he's failed miserably.  And billionaires generally don't let failures run their enterprises for too long. 

There is no conspiracy, it's just something stupid people think when they don't get exactly what they want.

What do the bigfoot people want?

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What do the bigfoot people want?

I'd sooner try to reach out and grab the moon than attempt to decipher the thought process of idiots. 

Edit: Also, the bigfoot thing isn't really a conspiracy.  If bigfoot exists, as the dummies contend, it would just be a biological fact.  Now, if the truth of bigfoot existence were being covered up by the Bilderberg Group or something it would be a conspiracy.  In which case I assume all these dummies would "want" is proof of the existence of the aforementioned bigfoot. 

Edited by kipwinger

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

imagine 

MSG can just book Phish to make extra money. Instant sellouts. 

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd sooner try to reach out and grab the moon than attempt to decipher the thought process of idiots. 

Edit: Also, the bigfoot thing isn't really a conspiracy.  If bigfoot exists, as the dummies contend, it would just be a biological fact.  Now, if the truth of bigfoot existence were being covered up by the Bilderberg Group or something it would be a conspiracy.  In which case I assume all these dummies would "want" is proof of the existence of the aforementioned bigfoot. 

We will know the truth about bigfoot when the Rothschild's want us to know the truth about bigfoot

I'm starting to compile a list of potential trade targets and a list of potential free agent targets.

Just to chum the waters: Any interest in Alex Wennberg? 24 years old, big body, natural center, drafted 14th overall. Put up 59 points in 80 games in 2016-17 and 35 points (only 8 goals) in 66 games in 2017-18. This season was basically a disaster: 25 points (2 goals!) in 75 games.

He carries a $4.9M cap hit until 2023, so his contract looks rough right now. If Kekalainen desperately wants to keep most of his pending free agents, I've gotta think he tries very hard to salary dump Wennberg. Even if Kekalainen doesn't feel the need to move Wennberg, this isn't a player who would cost you much in a trade. The real cost would be Wennberg's possible albatross contract. Maybe we could dump an expendable or two of our own.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I'm starting to compile a list of potential trade targets and a list of potential free agent targets.

Just to chum the waters: Any interest in Alex Wennberg? 24 years old, big body, natural center, drafted 14th overall. Put up 59 points in 80 games in 2016-17 and 35 points (only 8 goals) in 66 games in 2017-18. This season was basically a disaster: 25 points (2 goals!) in 75 games.

He carries a $4.9M cap hit until 2023, so his contract looks rough right now. If Kekalainen desperately wants to keep most of his pending free agents, I've gotta think he tries very hard to salary dump Wennberg. Even if Kekalainen doesn't feel the need to move Wennberg, this isn't a player who would cost you much in a trade. The real cost would be Wennberg's possible albatross contract. Maybe we could dump an expendable or two of our own.

Contract is definitely the part no one would like. Wonder what it would take for them to retain half the caphit in the trade. 

Hey what up everyone, I'm a time traveler and I've hacked this losers account to let you guys know what's gonna happen this off season

1. Yzerman will be named GM of the Red Wings
2. Yzerman will call up Brisebois and get a deal done that brings Brayden Point to Detroit

Anyway, enjoy your summer and don't trust thinking machines, they take over around 2036.

Best regards,

number9

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hey what up everyone, I'm a time traveler and I've hacked this losers account to let you guys know what's gonna happen this off season

1. Yzerman will be named GM of the Red Wings
2. Yzerman will call up Brisebois and get a deal done that brings Brayden Point to Detroit

Anyway, enjoy your summer and don't trust thinking machines, they take over around 2036.

Best regards,

number9

How can number9 be from the future when he's dead.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How can number9 be from the future when he's dead.

They start cloning dead people around 2025. Fun tidbit: Clone Hitler finally got accepted into art school in 2027, but it's DeVry University and his paintings still suck.

No more questions I have to go back to the future now

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They start cloning dead people around 2025. Fun tidbit: Clone Hitler finally got accepted into art school in 2027, but it's DeVry University and his paintings still suck.

No more questions I have to go back to the future now

Did his writing get any better? Mein Kampf was a snoozer.

Mantha and Hronek looking really good at the World Championships.  Happy to see both doing well.  Larkin used that tourney as a springboard and it would be nice to see others doing the same.  Kakko is currently dominating there as well.  Dude's apparently a beast. 

Red Wings have 5 players that must be signed to ELC's by June 1st, 5:00pm EST, or they lose their signing rights...

Zach Gallant

Brady Gilmore

Lane Zablocki

Cole Fraser

Reilly Webb

Will Yzerman sign any of these guys? None move the needle either way, but if any are signed I think it would be Gallant for depth in the minors... The rest will probably be let go...