Chowlowski

Saarijarvi

Hronek

Hicketts

Sulak

McIlrath

Lashoff

RHD vs LHD? 

Yes. Assuming one of Hicketts / Hronek makes the Wings out of camp though.

RHD... Not that that matters. He was never going to make the Wings full time.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Yes. Assuming one of Hicketts / Hronek makes the Wings out of camp though.

RHD... Not that that matters. He was never going to make the Wings full time.

I meant Russo may have had more value than Ouellet because he was a RHD. 

I can't believe that out of Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, XO, Marchenko, Mrazek, Sheahan, and Sproul, ONLY Nyquist/Tatar turned into anything of significance, and even they appeared at one point to have more potential then what they ended up becoming. 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I can't believe that out of Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, XO, Marchenko, Mrazek, Sheahan, and Sproul, ONLY Nyquist/Tatar turned into anything of significance, and even they appeared at one point to have more potential then what they ended up becoming. 

And even Tatar and Nyquist looked good because Zet and Dats were elite playmakers.

I would imagine that the conditions attached to the Russo deal, are somehow related to him making The Yotes roster this season. Probably won't get anything if he goes to their AHL affiliate. 

As far as XO, we probably couldn't find a team to take him without having to carry some of his salary, and it was probably cheaper to buy him out to clear the roster space. 

Just my thoughts. 

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

And even Tatar and Nyquist looked good because Zet and Dats were elite playmakers.

Agreed, but Nyquist in particular played the best hockey of his career when both of them were out. Granted that didn't sustain, but when he carried the team in 2014 he looked like he had a ton of potential. 

According to the Wings Twitter, we just re-signed Frk and Bertuzzi.

Detroit Red Wings
UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings today agreed to terms with left wing Tyler Bertuzzi on a two-year contract and right wing Martin Frk on a one-year contract.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

According to the Wings Twitter, we just re-signed Frk and Bertuzzi.

Detroit Red Wings
UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings today agreed to terms with left wing Tyler Bertuzzi on a two-year contract and right wing Martin Frk on a one-year contract.

Awesome, good on Frk for not waiting for FA... interested to know the AAV's though

Russo and Renouf out. This should give Cholowski, Hronek (if he doesn't make the Wings) and Saarijarvi more ice time down to GR. Good stuff.

Holland continues to impress. Even these small moves are telling where his head is at (youth movement).

Let's just hope he doesn't go on a shopping spree on July 1st... We need a backup goaltender, and maybe another Booth type player to sit 75% of the season with Witkowski.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:
Russo and Renouf out. This should give Cholowski, Hronek (if he doesn't make the Wings) and Saarijarvi more ice time down to GR. Good stuff.

Holland continues to impress. Even these small moves are telling where his head is at (youth movement).

Let's just hope he doesn't go on a shopping spree on July 1st... We need a backup goaltender, and maybe another Booth type player to sit 75% of the season with Witkowski.

If Zadina and Rasmussen make the team and no one gets traded,  I think Frk will be this guy. 

Either way, I think the forward group should be set. 

But man, they need to do something with that D, especially if Green doesn't come back. 

DeKeyser - Jensen

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hicketts

First off - this is beyond sad :crybaby:

Secondly - I only count 6

I'd be doing everything I could to give Hronek a spot. I also sign someone, anyone who can provide an upgrade. I don't want to hear about logjams etc.  Also, I don't give a s*** about Hicketts.

DeKeyser - DeHann

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

Chowlowski can take Kronwall's place next year. I can't see anyone else ready anytime soon. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Zadina and Rasmussen make the team and no one gets traded,  I think Frk will be this guy. 

But man, they need to do something with that D, especially if Green doesn't come back. 

DeKeyser - Jensen

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hicketts

I'd be doing everything I could to give Hronek a spot. I also sign someone, anyone who can provide an upgrade. I don't want to hear about logjams etc.  Also, I don't give a s*** about Hicketts.

DeKeyser - DeHann

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

Chowlowski can take Kronwall's place next year. I can't see anyone else ready anytime soon. 

Drevor Taley come on down

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

DeKeyser - Jensen

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hicketts

DeKeyser - DeHann

Daley - Ericsson

Kronwall - Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

Yeah, Frk will definitely be the extra forward. I'd like to see him in the lineup, but of all the forwards, he'll likely be the odd man out most nights.

That defense is bad, which is why I think Green will be brought back for another's year or two. I'd definitely prefer him over deHann or any other sub par UFA on the market. 

Ideally we'd package a forward for help on defense, but I'm not sure if I see that happening...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Frk will definitely be the extra forward. I'd like to see him in the lineup, but of all the forwards, he'll likely be the odd man out most nights.

That defense is bad, which is why I think Green will be brought back for another's year or two. I'd definitely prefer him over deHann or any other sub par UFA on the market. 

Ideally we'd package a forward for help on defense, but I'm not sure if I see that happening...

I think Green would be signed by now if he was coming back. I might be wrong but I'm getting some strong "Green is going to GTFO" vibes.

Which leaves

DeKeyser, Ericsson, and Daley as 3 of your top 4. 

Something's gotta give. FML

I still think Green will be back on another short term contract. If for whatever reason he doesn't, I say f*** it, roll with what we have...

Ericsson - Daley

DeKeyser - Jensen

Kronwall - Hronek

Hicketts

... or make a trade for a top 4 defenseman. 

Winnipeg want to bring Stastny back but aren't sure if they can because they have a bunch of RFA's to sign, including Trouba. Maybe they'd be willing to move him this time...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I still think Green will be back on another short term contract. If for whatever reason he doesn't, I say f*** it, roll with what we have...

Ericsson - Daley

DeKeyser - Jensen

Kronwall - Hronek

Hicketts

Winnipeg want to bring Stastny back but aren't sure if they can because they have a bunch of RFA's to sign, including Trouba. Maybe they'd be willing to move him this time...

See, I think the stability or lack there of from this D group is going to hurt this team's development with regards to the young forwards especially. If Green walks, I'd like to see Holland make a smart signing. You know, like one that's not amazing on paper but one that can improve this team. Someone like Hickey, John Moore, DeHann, etc. But whatevs. 

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

See, I think the stability or lack there of from this D group is going to hurt this team's development with regards to the young forwards especially. If Green walks, I'd like to see Holland make a smart signing. You know, like one that's not amazing on paper but one that can improve this team. Someone like Hickey, John Moore, DeHann, etc. But whatevs. 

Yeah, I can see that side of it for sure. But if Green walls, I'm really hoping Holland can swing a trade rather than going after any of those UFA's.

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ericsson - Daley

DeKeyser - Jensen

Kronwall - Hronek

Hicketts

40 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

At least the kids at forward will learn how to play defense then.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I can see that side of it for sure. But if Green walls, I'm really hoping Holland can swing a trade rather than going after any of those UFA's.

Orpik is being bought out :lol:

18 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Wow, surprised to see just how weak our D is once I saw folks posting lineups. Going to be another long year.

Hopefully, Rasmussen and Zadina are both in the lineup and our offense is at least good this year. Still a long year, but that makes it exciting.