• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Wingnut1989 said:

its a sign and trade i do believe, whoevers getting him is gonna have him for 9 years.

Most likely but that’s also up to Karlsson. What if no team he’s interested in is willing to give up the assets it’ll take to get him? 

10 minutes ago, amato said:

Most likely but that’s also up to Karlsson. What if no team he’s interested in is willing to give up the assets it’ll take to get him? 

You know if they're talking to him, theyre entertaining the idea for sure. I believe at least 1 or 2 teams are willing to part ways with thepieces it will take if they have him locked up for 9 years. 

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

You know if they're talking to him, theyre entertaining the idea for sure. I believe at least 1 or 2 teams are willing to part ways with thepieces it will take if they have him locked up for 9 years. 

Yeah for sure. And I agree it’s most likely an extension being agreed with before a team acquires him. But it IS ultimately up to Karlsson is all I’m saying.. I know there’s almost no chance he actually hits UFA, but until he signs an extension somewhere I’ll keep up the wishful thinking :P 

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I thought it was generally understood/assumed that Karlsson would be going to market next July...? That if he's traded, it likely wouldn't be a sign-and-trade dealy...?

He's negotiating with other teams now, or at least been given permission to. So if he wanted a contract it could be he agrees to one before the trade. No one knows what will happen for sure, we have to wait and see I guess. 

Just now, Euro_Twins said:

He's negotiating with other teams now, or at least been given permission to. So if he wanted a contract it could be he agrees to one before the trade. No one knows what will happen for sure, we have to wait and see I guess. 

Ah, thanks for the update! I was out of the loop.

Welp, guess we're boned.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Faulk reminds me of a younger version of Green. I'd be open to a trade for him for sure, depending on the cost...

what does carolina need or want?

7 minutes ago, e_prime said:

what does carolina need or want?

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Svechnikovs. More Svechnikovs.

The do seem to have a fetish for men in Red uniforms.

Yeah, you'd have to think Svechnikov would be part of the package. What else it would take to get the deal done, I have no idea.

I wouldn't give up a hell of a lot though. Faulk would be a huge add, but being 26 years old now, he'll be nearing 30 when we're ready to contend. He's also 2 years away from unrestricted free agency. He could walk, and we're left without 2-3 key pieces...

36 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Wingers are a dime a dozen, no?

Normally yes. But I can see how bringing in the elder Svech bro after the hype over drafting his younger brother might be a good marketing gimmick for them. They could try to sell it like the Sedins in Vancouver. I definitely think that Carolina would give the biggest return and they happen to have something we need.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

43 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Explain plz

His numbers have been in decline these past couple of seasons. By the time the Wings contend, he would be older and likely worse than what he has been. A rebuilding team should not be trading for a second pairing at best dman when he'd hit his 30s before we contend again. There is also no guarantee he would even stick around for this team to contend, being a UFA in a couple of seasons. The move makes no sense for this team right now. 

Trading for Faulk is something a team does to gear up for a playoff run. Not something the Wings should be doing right now. Holland gotta keep thinking long term here. Faulk is a short term fix. No thanks. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

His numbers have been in decline these past couple of seasons. By the time the Wings contend, he would be older and likely worse than what he has been. A rebuilding team should not be trading for a second pairing at best dman when he'd hit his 30s before we contend again. There is also no guarantee he would even stick around for this team to contend, being a UFA in a couple of seasons. The move makes no sense for this team right now. 

Trading for Faulk is something a team does to gear up for a playoff run. Not something the Wings should be doing right now. Holland gotta keep thinking long term here. Faulk is a short term fix. No thanks. 

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts exactly. I was a huge Faulk fan a few years ago, still am, but I don't think it's the ideal move for us right now.

If we're trading with Carolina, I'd prefer to go after Bean. He would likely be a fair bit cheaper, under team control, doesn't hit restricted free agency for another 3 seasons, and would likely re-sign at a reasonable cap hit, and is right in that age group with the rest of our young core. He may not ever become as good as Faulk (I think he will), but we wouldn't be paying the high price either.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Normally yes. But I can see how bringing in the elder Svech bro after the hype over drafting his younger brother might be a good marketing gimmick for them. They could try to sell it like the Second in Vancouver. I definitely think that Carolina would give the biggest return and they happen to have something we need.

The Hurricanes don’t need to look at Vancouver for inspiration when they did the same thing with the Staal brothers.