• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Karlsson just started following Stammer's private twitter account... The deal is all but confirmed.

Likely they need a 3rd party to make the deal - which will definitely be a complicated transaction - work.

How does Stammer's WAG feel about pregnant women?

14 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

and now it's Dallas "leading" the Karlsson horse race...

https://www.tsn.ca/report-stars-emerging-as-favourites-to-land-karlsson-1.1130123

Where Karlsson lands is anyone's guess at this point...

This is from July 3.

This was the latest roundup on Karlsson from Saturday:

On Erik Karlsson 

Joe Smith: Source saying to not expect an Erik Karlsson trade anytime soon. Not saying a trade won’t happen at some point, but there nothing imminent.

Chris Johnston: The dynamics of an Erik Karlsson trade are tricky, especially if the Senators are wanting to include Bobby Ryanand his four years, $30 million – $7.5 million cap hit. Trade talks continue but there is no guarantee that something gets done quickly.

Chris Stevenson: It doesn’t sound like a Karlsson trade is close and that the Senators have ‘retrenched’ themselves to assess their next move. Teams that are still involved include the Tampa Bay Lightning, Dallas Stars, and Vegas Golden Knights.

Shawn Simpson: “Regardless of how this plays out. What I was told and reported, has not happened. That’s 100% on me. I was told and said a deal was done, and only needed approval from the NHL. If that was the case, the deal would be done today. Sincere apologies to everyone.”

David Pagnotta: Trade talks are fluid. Ryan has been part of some talks. None of the players who are possibly involved have been told that anything is imminent. Trade talks with multiple teams continue.

Mike Heika: Talk between the Senators and Stars does not include Ryan. Can’t see how the Stars would be able to fit Ryan in with Karlsson.

John Shannon: There is still a belief that the Stars still have a chance to land Karlsson despite all the talk involving the Lightning.

Sean Shapiro: The Senators don’t have a deadline to trade Karlsson this summer, so a trade could take awhile.

Meanwhile: 

On the Detroit Red Wings …

Ansar Khan of MLive: (mailbag) Asked if the Red Wings could move Evgeny Svechnikov and/or Andreas Athanasiou for a defenseman.

Don’t believe that the Red Wings will be looking to trade Svechnikov after only one season in the AHL.

Athanasiou is one of the Red Wings better trade chips and they aren’t just going to trade him to open up a roster spot. If they were to move him, they would want a good, fairly young defenseman.

The Wings currently have lots of forwards, but there is Henrik Zetterberg’s health and the possibility of him not being around next season. Gustav Nyquist and Thomas Vanek may not with the team beyond this season.

There is no way the Red Wings would trade Athanasiou for Tyler Myers unless there is an extension in place for Myers – last year of his deal. The Wings may prefer to not give up an asset and possibly look to sign him a UFA.

Myers?  In 2018... Hard pass.  Not the Jet defenseman I'm looking for.

Edited by e_prime

3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

and now it's Dallas "leading" the Karlsson horse race...

https://www.tsn.ca/report-stars-emerging-as-favourites-to-land-karlsson-1.1130123

Where Karlsson lands is anyone's guess at this point...

Rumor was Dallas fell off as a front runner because Nill refused to include Heiskanen in the deal.

There was also speculation that the entire "Karlsson to Tampa deal is all but done" narrative was phony bologna made up by Pierre Dorion and co in order to bring Dallas back to the table with more.

All wild speculation and rumor of course, but maybe Heiskanen is involved now? Who knows...

On 7/5/2018 at 6:11 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Karlsson just started following Stammer's private twitter account... The deal is all but confirmed.

Likely they need a 3rd party to make the deal - which will definitely be a complicated transaction - work.

Stammer to Ottawa confirmed! :o 

Despite losing Tavares, Lamoriello is continuing to turn the Isles around.

Sounds like Mitch Korn - arguably the best goalie coach in the league (Responsible for Hasek, Fuhr, Rinne, Vokoun, and Holtby among others) - is going to follow Barry Trotz to the Island.

And they also just signed Jan Kovar out of the KHL. He's been one of the best forwards in the KHL for a while now.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Despite losing Tavares, Lamoriello is continuing to turn the Isles around.

Sounds like Mitch Korn - arguably the best goalie coach in the league (Responsible for Hasek, Fuhr, Rinne, Vokoun, and Holtby among others) - is going to follow Barry Trotz to the Island.

And they also just signed Jan Kovar out of the KHL. He's been one of the best forwards in the KHL for a while now.

s*** now it's being rumored that Mark Hunter will follow Lou to the Island as well. 

Korn + Hunter + Trotz + Lamoriello

Suddenly the Isles look set for sucess. 

Holland needs to start vetting n cutting staff. What do we have left of note? Andersson? Our front office is an outdated shell. More so than the team. 

Letting Bedard go for Saljako i think was a very short sighted mistake. Especially now that Petr the hack is gone.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

16 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I was just gonna say, damn, how many players are they going to have to trade in order to fit Karlsson under the cap!?!?

I don't wanna get peoples hopes up but....

jvv194hop5911.png

That's Cleary, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Karlsson all golfing together. Not the first time either. Karlsson seems to be pretty close friends with a lot of the Red Wings (God bless you Swedish Mafia).

Karlsson is coming from an absolute mockery of a franchise, with a hated owner, and a toxic situation in the lockerroom. Despite the recent lack of talent, the Wings are still a very prestigious franchise, with an esteemed owner, and classy group of guys in the lockerroom.

I'm just saying, maybe Karlsson will not only be looking to join a talented team, but also a team he will feel proud of and comfortable on. I think the Red Wings definitely offer the later.

Alfredsson did it...

Side note: Check out the course they're on.

Top kek

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

jvv194hop5911.png

That's Cleary, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Karlsson all golfing together. Not the first time either. Karlsson seems to be pretty close friends with a lot of the Red Wings (God bless you Swedish Mafia).

Karlsson is coming from an absolute mockery of a franchise, with a hated owner, and a toxic situation in the lockerroom. Despite the recent lack of talent, the Wings are still a very prestigious franchise, with an esteemed owner, and classy group of guys in the lockerroom.

I'm just saying, maybe Karlsson will not only be looking to join a talented team, but also a team he will feel proud of and comfortable on. I think the Red Wings definitely offer the later.

Alfredsson did it...

Top kek

U R SUCH A TEASE. Bet that's ur favorite course?

48 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

U R SUCH A TEASE. Bet that's ur favorite course?

Nahhh it's in Scotland. f*** Scotland.

Americans and Scots are natural enemies. Like Englishmen and Scots. Or Welshmen and Scots. Or Scots and Scots.

Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

jvv194hop5911.png

Alfredsson did it...

Top kek

I’m just happy enough to see Zetterberg’s back is healthy enough to golf..

As for Karlsson, I don’t think it’s out of the question to think he might consider coming here in free agency if we offered a competitive contract. Here’s to hoping we get the chance. 

11 hours ago, amato said:

I’m just happy enough to see Zetterberg’s back is healthy enough to golf..

As for Karlsson, I don’t think it’s out of the question to think he might consider coming here in free agency if we offered a competitive contract. Here’s to hoping we get the chance. 

Right? He's traveling and golfing. Not like he's at home in pain. He'll play.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nahhh it's in Scotland. f*** Scotland.

Americans and Scots are natural enemies. Like Englishmen and Scots. Or Welshmen and Scots. Or Scots and Scots.

Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland.

I dated a Scot. The sex was amazing. I miss her.

The late night talk show format died when Craig Ferguson left The Late Late Show.

Sean Connery.

Trashcan Sinatras.

Bagpipes.

Irn Bru.

That's all I've got.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I dated a Scot. The sex was amazing. I miss her.

The late night talk show format died when Craig Ferguson left The Late Late Show.

Sean Connery.

Trashcan Sinatras.

Bagpipes.

Irn Bru.

That's all I've got.

What?

Highlander

Cabre Toss

Soccer Hooligans

Brave heart

Haggis

Hadrian's Wall

Scotch Whiskey

Scotch tape

Scotch brite

Groundskeeper Willy

Scottish terrier

Big Country

Bay City Rollers

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What?

Highlander

Cabre Toss

Soccer Hooligans

Brave heart

Haggis

Hadrian's Wall

Scotch Whiskey

Scotch tape

Scotch brite

Groundskeeper Willy

Scottish terrier

Big Country

Bay City Rollers

You lost me at Haggis, you filthy Scottish propagandist.