• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Work ethic. Hardest working forwards tend to be better defensively. JVR is one dimensional. Rasmussen will be a guy you play with less than a minute left with a one-goal lead. That's my call.

Okay, I somewhat agree in that sense then. When I hear "more versatile", I think more so positionally; a player that can play center and both wings (which Rasmussen can). But that doesn't really have anything to do with work ethic. When I hear "one dimensional" or "multi-dimensional", I think more of style of play; one dimensional being a player that is pure offense (or defense), and multi-dimensional being a player that plays more of a two-way game (I think Rasmussen would fall more so under the ladder). Being a one-way or two-way player sometimes has to do with work ethic, but not always.

Regardless, I agree that Van Riemsdyk is more of a one dimensional winger, and Rasmussen seems like he could be more of a two-way winger (or maybe center). Aside from that, there are a ton of similarities in their style of play in my opinion. If Ras can be what JVR was for the Leafs for the past 6 years, I'd be thrilled. I still say those are pretty lofty expectations though.

7 hours ago, kylee said:

maybe 30 wins EDIT: oh wait, Blashill's the coach? 25

I'll bet we improve on last year's record of 30-39-13 (73 points).

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who makes a bigger impact this year? Ras or Zadina?

Zadina... with Grand Rapids... :confused:

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who makes a bigger impact this year? Ras or Zadina?

Whichever one plays more games in Detroit. If they’re in the lineup a similar amount, whoever gets more power play minutes :P 

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Are you implying Blashill actually sticks with his lines?  Remember his talk about letting AA-Larkin-Mantha gel?  Then 2 games later - never to be seen again?

Line rotation or not. Helm doesn't belong in the top 6. You have Z, Larkin, Mantha, Nyquist, Zadina, Rass, Nielsen, Bertuzzi, AA, even Abby, several players who would be better there than Helm.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

5 hours ago, amato said:

Trouba to arbitration seems like a given if the team and player are really that far apart. Wonder how many years the team wants him to sign at 4m.... 

Yikes, I know you start low and come to a agreement, but I think $4M is an insult to Trouba. IMO not a very good way to treat one of your best D.  Just trade him to us already!

10 hours ago, amato said:

Trouba to arbitration seems like a given if the team and player are really that far apart. Wonder how many years the team wants him to sign at 4m.... 

Holy lowballs Batman! 4mil might be an insult. Granted, 7 mil is steep, but Brendan Smith makes 4.25...in the minors. Trouba is worth way more than that. I would go as high as 4 years at 6 mil AAV, but I think some where in the 5.25 to 5.5 range is more likely. Buff is at 7.6, and Myers makes 5.5.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Trade him to us, we'll go max years $6M AAV. Trouba would then re-sign after that and retire a Red Wing. One more for the Michigan Mafia. :D

Once we draft Jack Hughes, with his UofM connection, we'll be flying high with "local" talent.

Although he hasn't officially committed yet, odds are he follows his brother.

I'd personally rather him be a Spartan, because I can't bring myself to root for Michigan, but I'm sure he wouldn't do that. Wouldn't that be funny though?

I don't think there's anyway we get Trouba.  Sure, $4 million seems lowball and they've had their differences when it comes to contracts... but I'll go ahead and say he's worth every penny of that $7million.  Easy.  

He did ask for a trade before agreeing to his last contract, so another rough outing for them in arbitration may not be great for the relationship... However Trouba is their future.  If they don't see that... I dunno.  I don't believe there's anyway they're letting him get away.   ...and if they eff it up?  Man, they've screwed up.

Dream Scenario:  If Z is truly LITR-ing it this year and if Winnipeg elected to take him to arbitration -- I'm unsure if they elected or he elected.  

Anyway... let's say he's able to be offer-sheeted, I'd give him an offer sheet for $7 million for four years. If the Jets match it (which they would.) ...it gets him his money, but it gets him into UFA.  Lets him know we want him.  You're courting him in advance.  You've let a Michigan kid know that you really truly want him.  IF Winnipeg doesn't match, a first, second, and third in a deep draft certainly hurts.  ...but you've got a sure-fire defenseman that you can truly build around for years to come.  No #HalfAssinItForHughes necessary.  

On 7/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, e_prime said:

I don't think there's anyway we get Trouba.  Sure, $4 million seems lowball and they've had their differences when it comes to contracts... but I'll go ahead and say he's worth every penny of that $7million.  Easy.  

He did ask for a trade before agreeing to his last contract, so another rough outing for them in arbitration may not be great for the relationship... However Trouba is their future.  If they don't see that... I dunno.  I don't believe there's anyway they're letting him get away.   ...and if they eff it up?  Man, they've screwed up.

Dream Scenario:  If Z is truly LITR-ing it this year and if Winnipeg elected to take him to arbitration -- I'm unsure if they elected or he elected.  

Anyway... let's say he's able to be offer-sheeted, I'd give him an offer sheet for $7 million for four years. If the Jets match it (which they would.) ...it gets him his money, but it gets him into UFA.  Lets him know we want him.  You're courting him in advance.  You've let a Michigan kid know that you really truly want him.  IF Winnipeg doesn't match, a first, second, and third in a deep draft certainly hurts.  ...but you've got a sure-fire defenseman that you can truly build around for years to come.  No #HalfAssinItForHughes necessary.  

Ya, but there is the outside chance they wouldn't match, ONLY because next year we're more than likely still a lottery team, and they'd get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from us. Meaning they'd get a shot at Jack Hughes for sure, PLUS our high 2nd and 3rd. They just may let him go for that.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade him to us, we'll go max years $6M AAV. Trouba would then re-sign after that and retire a Red Wing. One more for the Michigan Mafia. :D

Once we draft Jack Hughes, with his UofM connection, we'll be flying high with "local" talent.

Although he hasn't officially committed yet, odds are he follows his brother.

I'd personally rather him be a Spartan, because I can't bring myself to root for Michigan, but I'm sure he wouldn't do that. Wouldn't that be funny though?

Yes! :innocent: Would love to see MSU Hockey have some level of relevance again.. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, but there is the outside chance they wouldn't match, ONLY because next year we're more than likely still a lottery team, and they'd get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from us. Meaning they'd get a shot at Jack Hughes for sure, PLUS our high 2nd and 3rd. They just may let him go for that.

image.png.92164debbc73d7132ac6eaba7a02c35c.png

First off, I do not believe in any way, shape or form that Ken Holland would throw an offer sheet Trouba's way.

(I almost feel guilty even bringing it up because it's such a ridiculous position to take.  Offer Sheets.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.)

...but yes, if th'Peg have had it with Trouba and his "demands" and they wanna take a shot at JackieBoy ala the "pray Detroit sucks" route. Fine by me.  I understand we need to build through the draft, which is why it's ridiculous to even think of an Offer Sheet.  ...but I'm still sticking by the idea that we're not gonna get that first over all pick.  ...and even if we do... I'm not putting money on Jack Hughes being the savior to our blue line.

How long until Jack Hughes is NHL ready? 

Maybe Trouba gets a one year deal and then we offer sheet him?  ...or maybe we're just patient and get him at Free Agency?

52 minutes ago, e_prime said:

First off, I do not believe in any way, shape or form that Ken Holland would throw an offer sheet Trouba's way.

(I almost feel guilty even bringing it up because it's such a ridiculous position to take.  Offer Sheets.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.)

...but yes, if th'Peg have had it with Trouba and his "demands" and they wanna take a shot at JackieBoy ala the "pray Detroit sucks" route. Fine by me.  I understand we need to build through the draft, which is why it's ridiculous to even think of an Offer Sheet.  ...but I'm still sticking by the idea that we're not gonna get that first over all pick.  ...and even if we do... I'm not putting money on Jack Hughes being the savior to our blue line.

How long until Jack Hughes is NHL ready? 

Maybe Trouba gets a one year deal and then we offer sheet him?  ...or maybe we're just patient and get him at Free Agency?

I agree that Hughes wouldn't likely be a savior to whichever team wins next year's draft lottery, but Hughes is a center, not a defenseman. Although, I see him more of a winger at the NHL level. He's said to be a lot like Patrick Kane, which is great (minus the off-ice s***), but I don't think he puts us (or any team) over the top. He's not on the level of a McDavid, or even Matthews or Eichel in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that Hughes wouldn't likely be a savior to whichever team wins next year's draft lottery, but Hughes is a center, not a defenseman. Although, I see him more of a winger at the NHL level. He's said to be a lot like Patrick Kane, which is great (minus the off-ice s***), but I don't think he puts us (or any team) over the top. He's not on the level of a McDavid, or even Matthews or Eichel in my opinion.

Wait.  Hughes is a CENTER.  Well f*** me sideways. I thought we were all getting lined up for the next generational american defensemen.  Next thing you're going to tell me is that he isn't even american.  JFC.  Who cares then!!??  Centers?? 

We already got 'em no?

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

From what I recall offer sheets from a rival GM will put you on the naughty list.

Don't other GMs hate dealing with Holland anyway?  Who cares!

18 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Wait.  Hughes is a CENTER.  Well f*** me sideways. I thought we were all getting lined up for the next generational american defensemen.  Next thing you're going to tell me is that he isn't even american.  JFC.  Who cares then!!??  Centers?? 

We already got 'em no?

He's the younger brother of Quinn, who was the defenseman taken by the Canucks in this year's draft, so that's where you're probably getting confused. They are American, from Florida.

I think we have our top 6 centers of the future in Larkin and Veleno. Bottom 6, who cares. Turgeon and whoever else. I see Rasmussen as more of a winger, but who knows, he may develop as a center as well. But like I said, I think Hughes will play on the wing in the NHL, and left-handed wingers is definitely not something this team is lacking...

I'm not sure if there are any elite defensemen coming out of next year's draft (of course that can change), so the guy I like right now is Dylan Cozens.

6 hours ago, amato said:

Yes! :innocent: Would love to see MSU Hockey have some level of relevance again.. 

Well they finally fired Tom Anastos last year, that was a step in the right direction.

The new coach, Cole, is a former Griffins player and Griffins coach, and also coached the U.S. under 17s/under 18s. Hopefully he can get a program together.

MSU hockey has been super sad post Ron Mason. Who was the last decent player they turned out? Torey Krug? Shame.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

He's the younger brother of Quinn, who was the defenseman taken by the Canucks in this year's draft, so that's where you're probably getting confused. They are American, from Florida.

I think we have our top 6 centers of the future in Larkin and Veleno. Bottom 6, who cares. Turgeon and whoever else. I see Rasmussen as more of a winger, but who knows, he may develop as a center as well. But like I said, I think Hughes will play on the wing in the NHL, and left-handed wingers is definitely not something this team is lacking...

I'm not sure if there are any elite defensemen coming out of next year's draft (of course that can change), so the guy I like right now is Dylan Cozens.

Um. If you have a chance to take Jack Hughes, you take Jack ******* Hughes. Don't act so nonchalant about it just because you think Veleno's going to solidify that 2C position. Even though he'll more than likely be a 3rd liner. 

Also Rasmussen >> Veleno. The sooner you accept this, the less we'll have to worry about constantly getting run over by the KR Veleno Hype Wagon. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Um. If you have a chance to take Jack Hughes, you take Jack ******* Hughes. Don't act so nonchalant about it just because you think Veleno's going to solidify that 2C position. Even though he'll more than likely be a 3rd liner. 

Also Rasmussen >> Veleno. The sooner you accept this, the less we'll have to worry about constantly getting run over by the KR Veleno Hype Wagon. 

Hot take!

Rasmussen is gonna be better than Zadina, Veleno, and Mantha

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well they finally fired Tom Anastos last year, that was a step in the right direction.

The new coach, Cole, is a former Griffins player and Griffins coach, and also coached the U.S. under 17s/under 18s. Hopefully he can get a program together.

MSU hockey has been super sad post Ron Mason. Who was the last decent player they turned out? Torey Krug? Shame.

Yeahh they don’t turn out a lot of NHL players, unfortunately.... Krug, Abby, Keith, Miller (x2), Petry, Liles.. I think that’s about it recently? 

8 hours ago, e_prime said:

Trouba's current contract is like 2.75 mil. If it goes to arbitration it only benefits Winnipeg. No way an arbitrator gives him anywhere near 7 mil. Probably somewhere around 5, maybe. Even if he's worth more than that because of potential/future returns, he won't get that much of a pay raise in arbitration.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Um. I never said anything about passing on Jack f***ing Hughes... 

Also Veleno >>> Rasmussen. I'm not sure if you noticed, but my ">>>" > your ">>", so it's obvious Veleno will be better. Time will tell.

First of all it's a Veleno Hype "Train", not a f***ing Wagon... And that train will run you over, back up, and run you over again and again. Deal with it!

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hot take!

Rasmussen is gonna be better than Zadina, Veleno, and Mantha

That's certainly a hot take...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Um. I never said anything about passing on Jack f***ing Hughes... 

Also Veleno >>> Rasmussen. I'm not sure if you noticed, but my ">>>" > your ">>", so it's obvious Veleno will be better. Time will tell.

First of all it's a Veleno Hype "Train", not a f***ing Wagon... And that train will run you over, back up, and run you over again and again. Deal with it!

That's certainly a hot take...

Don't make fun of my '>'. 

Also you joke but it's obvious you've picked Veleno to be your prospect for whatever reason. And you never pass on the chance to be all meh about Rasmussen just because the Wings didn't take your boy Vilardi. Must be a 'V' fetish. 

Rasmussen is a legit motherf * king prospect who deserves way more respect than you give him. He's my prospect. He will crush your little french V man. Get ready to eat it! 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans