• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

julianne_moore_toes_cannes_2013.jpg

While calling the incident “toe-gate” and “toe-maggedon,” she declared, “I didn’t feel it, I didn’t feel a thing!” while gesticulating wildly. “I did what any reasonable person would do. I needed to prevent this from happening again, so I cut my toes off.” She then handed them to Jimmy Fallon in a tiny tin box — with pinky-toe pedicures still painted on them.

Go home Julianne you're drunk.

Also, go home LGW you're drunk... and horny.  https://www.wikifeet.com/

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pick up Trevor Daley without giving up assets. LGW:

eda26h7gxnsjmxwhhwm5.jpg

Swap valuable assets for Bogosian, Brewer, Edler, Pitkanen, Kaberle, Faulk, Trouba......

LGW:

drake.jpg

I have absolutely no problem with attaining defensemen through Free Agency and I certainly have no problem with Trevor Daley or Mike Green. (BOTH of whom were signed without giving up assets. BOTH of whom I LIKE.) 

I won't discuss the shortcomings/strengths of either of these players because it's been done so ad nauseam, but I think most of us (at least the smart ones) can attest to the fact that these guys are not our current, nor future TOP GUY defensemen.  They're veteran placeholders.  They're good at what they do and service the needs of the team.  Without them we've got even bigger holes on the back end.

Granted, I, like many other LGWers (and hockey fans in general) do have a penchant for latching onto (debatable) HYPE! defensemen and over-valuing and over-evaluating their worth. We covet them like we might covet our neighbor's wife. We put together CRAZY trade packages or suggest things like OFFER SHEETING them.  We know we can't have them but we NEED them.

...and that's the thing.  We do need them. Unlike our neighbor's wife, these guys should be attainable. We just have to make the right move. ...and sure, I know that there's plenty of other factors including other suitors, wanting to play somewhere else, a better chance to win, etc. all those things factor in ...  

...but for every Bogo, Wiz, Pitkanen ... there is a Yandle or Niskanen or Bouwmeester or an example for today and not yesteryear...   say...    Trouba... 

That if we went out and got right now, RIGHT FREAKING NOW, would be a much bigger, impactful, etc player for this team both now and in the future than Mike Green or Trevor Daley or whatever stop gap vet you wanna put in there.

Also.  Speaking of overrated.  Drake.  *sheesh*

Edited by e_prime

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

I have absolutely no problem with attaining defensemen through Free Agency and I certainly have no problem with Trevor Daley or Mike Green. (BOTH of whom were signed without giving up assets. BOTH of whom I LIKE.) 

I won't discuss the shortcomings/strengths of either of these players because it's been done so ad nauseam, but I think most of us (at least the smart ones) can attest to the fact that these guys are not our current, nor future TOP GUY defensemen.  They're veteran placeholders.  They're good at what they do and service the needs of the team.  Without them we've got even bigger holes on the back end.

Granted, I, like many other LGWers (and hockey fans in general) do have a penchant for latching onto (debatable) HYPE! defensemen and over-valuing and over-evaluating their worth. We covet them like we might covet our neighbor's wife. We put together CRAZY trade packages or suggest things like OFFER SHEETING them.  We know we can't have them but we NEED them.

...and that's the thing.  We do need them. Unlike our neighbor's wife, these guys should be attainable. We just have to make the right move. ...and sure, I know that there's plenty of other factors including other suitors, wanting to play somewhere else, a better chance to win, etc. all those things factor in ...  

...but for every Bogo, Wiz, Pitkanen ... there is a Yandle or Niskanen or Bouwmeester or an example for today and not yesteryear...   say...    Trouba... 

That if we went out and got right now, RIGHT FREAKING NOW, would be a much bigger, impactful, etc player for this team both now and in the future than Mike Green or Trevor Daley or whatever stop gap vet you wanna put in there.

Absolutely agree with you here. And although its tempting, I will forego any response to the "bigger holes on the back end" part.

Yep. He's a Canadian Kanye.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/07/red_wings_prospect_gustav_lind.html

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Absolutely agree with you here. And although its tempting, I will forego any response to the "bigger holes on the back end" part.

Yep. He's a Canadian Kanye.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/07/red_wings_prospect_gustav_lind.html

Thanks for that link, a lot of good reads!

When/if Z is on LTIR, Larkin will wear a 3rd A until Z's contract is up, IMO. Then taking over the C. 

18 hours ago, e_prime said:

Daley/Green covers up our defensive woes without trading assets.

Neighbors wife covers up our defensive woes better, but in exchange for significant assets.

The true solution is to draft a great Dman for once.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Topping was often Rasmussen's line mate in Tri City's. Plays leftwing. Finished 2nd on the team behind Ras with 80 pts in 72 games.

Fresh 21 years old, so he can buy barley pops for the boys too

All but confirmed Holland will keep Ras in the AHL the entire season.

You know he can't, right?

Trouba arbitration was said to be a "marathon session" yesterday.  Should see arbitrator's decision this afternoon.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-trouba-arbitration-hearing-jets-marathon-affair/

The settled with Lowry before his hearing.

Tanev and Dano are still awaiting their hearings.

Jets are busy this offseason!

Edited by e_prime

16 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Trouba arbitration was said to be a "marathon session" yesterday.  Should see arbitrator's decision this afternoon.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-trouba-arbitration-hearing-jets-marathon-affair/

I hope he gets 2 yrs $14M and the Jets walk away from it. But I doubt it. They have $18M in cap space, although they only have 10 forwards signed.

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

Just realized they also have to sign Morrissey and Poolman.  Morrissey already ranks fourth on their depth charts (Hockey News) and is second pairing with Trouba.  Poolman was a rookie this year and projects to top out in the lower half of the defensive corps, but could inevitably take a spot from Kulikov or Meyers (upon their possible departures)

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Shocker lol. 

Nope.  Not really. ;)

Edited by e_prime

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/07/22/detroit-red-wings-jeff-blashill-time-play-prospects/807049002/

Not sure if this was already posted somewhere but IMO Blashill is saying a lot of the right things in this article. Particularly about ties maybe going to young players now rather than veterans and the potential for Mantha to still be a trigger guy rather than net front presence. Still gotta put the words to practice but it's encouraging at least.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:01 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Holy lowballs Batman! 4mil might be an insult. Granted, 7 mil is steep, but Brendan Smith makes 4.25...in the minors. Trouba is worth way more than that. I would go as high as 4 years at 6 mil AAV, but I think some where in the 5.25 to 5.5 range is more likely. Buff is at 7.6, and Myers makes 5.5.

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

Nailed it.