• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, amato said:

I mean, they'd have to pay me a lot to stay in that dumpster fire too, I guess :P 

Can't wait to see how far apart Vegas and William Karlsson are.....

Wow, does Stone actually think he deserves $9M or is it just a big "up yours" to the owner of Ottawa? If he thinks he deserves $9M then Stone is, well, pretty stoned.

Melnyk. I doubt he's forced to sell, but good for Stone for sticking it to him. $5m for Stoney is kind of insulting. They've a real tire fire going on in Ottawa...makes Detroit's problems seem minor by comparison.

Their best draft pick since 2001? has said he'll decide by mid-August if he'll sign with the Sens. You can bet Brady and Keith Tkachuk are watching this soap opera unfold in Ottawa very closely. They lost Hoffman already, EK and Ryan will be gone soon, and now they're low balling Stone. I wonder where these guys think they're going to get offense from. lol

Edit: Didn't Hayes just get $5m in NYR? Stone >> Hayes even though Hayes plays center. They shouldn't be screwing around with Stone like that. Dude is a steady 60pt producer that they cannot afford to lose.

Edited by solarion

12 minutes ago, solarion said:

Melnyk. I doubt he's forced to sell, but good for Stone for sticking it to him. $5m for Stoney is kind of insulting. They've a real tire fire going on in Ottawa...makes Detroit's problems seem minor by comparison.

Their best draft pick since 2001? has said he'll decide by mid-August if he'll sign with the Sens. You can bet Brady and Keith Tkachuk are watching this soap opera unfold in Ottawa very closely. They lost Hoffman already, EK and Ryan will be gone soon, and now they're low balling Stone. I wonder where these guys think they're going to get offense from. lol

Edit: Didn't Hayes just get $5m in NYR? Stone >> Hayes even though Hayes plays center. They shouldn't be screwing around with Stone like that. Dude is a steady 60pt producer that they cannot afford to lose.

Melnyk is a stubborn idiot and probably won't sell. He's said explicitly he won't.

His team just has soooo many problems and bad marks on their record over the last 2 years. Fans and players don't like him as an owner. The situation just screams time to sell to me. Ottawa's effed. They're now gonna rebuild a team that on paper didn't need to be rebuilt lol

Yeah that team is being driven into the ground solely through mismanagement...a' la Edmonton and their perma-rebuild policy. Egads what a couple of horribly run franchises...it's tough to watch. Wouldn't blame Tkachuk at all if he refused to sign with that mess of an organization.

25 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Sens are truly a dumpster fire.  

Yikes, wow!

Maybe he should sell the team to the investors in Quebec City.

I can see Duchene and Wideman both splitting when they become UFA after this season. Plus they don't have a 1st in 2019, Colorado gets that, even if it becomes #1. They need to trade players out asap and start from the draft. They'll get a king's ransom for Karlsson, they can get some great picks for Stone, Ceci and Duchene. They could have multiple 1st rounders if they wanted. May as well, because these players don't want to be there, nor will their future UFA's.

Edited by LeftWinger

Interesting...

On the one hand, I feel like it's an underwhelming return from Carolina's perspective. On the other hand, it's roughly comparable to what we got for Tatar. The Tatar return is slightly better (IMO), but Tatar wasn't on an expiring contract.

Not sure if this gives us any additional insight re: what we could reasonably expect Faulk to go for.

Huh.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

William Karlsson during his arbitration hearing:

giphy.gif

LOL Can't trust a damn panda in an office setting...

Faulk had a fairly craptastic year and he's got 2yrs remaining @ 4.833 per. I'd not advocate overpaying, but Svech and some picks would be fine...though Carolina probably gets better offers. Pity Svechnikov didn't light it up while he was up with the Wings last year.

Edited by solarion

31 minutes ago, solarion said:

LOL Can't trust a damn panda in an office setting...

Faulk had a fairly craptastic year and he's got 2yrs remaining @ 4.833 per. I'd not advocate overpaying, but Svech and some picks would be fine...though Carolina probably gets better offers. Pity Svechnikov didn't light it up while he was up with the Wings last year.

I go back and forth on Faulk. Would he immediately become our best defenseman? Probably. Would he get crushed in that 1D slot on our paper-thin blue line? Probably. Would he help our power play? Probably. Would he help our power play just enough to see us finish just outside the playoffs (AKA the last plast we want to be)? Possibly. Do we need to add a Justin Faulk this season? No. Do we need to improve our craptastic blue line? Yes. Do we have anyone in the system who projects as a Faulk-caliber defenseman? Depends on how you feel about Hronek.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with you that the best offer for Faulk won't be coming from Holland. Even though ours is one of the weakest defense groups in the league, I don't think there's a real sense of urgency in the organization to go out and pay assets for a guy like Faulk. IMO, he makes more sense for Toronto or Edmonton or even Buffalo. Teams that really have something to prove this season and need to make some noise.

True Faulk doesn't fix everything wrong with Detroit's blueline, but he's a good young right handed dman on a friendly contract. I think it'd be negligent for Kenny to not at least float some offers, since it's clear Carolina wants to move him. Rather see him go somewhere else than overpay though as he's not a franchise dman. I picture him as a solid #2 guy, so we'd still have to look for moar defensive upgrades, but at least the dman corps wouldn't be a total tire fire with him a part of it.

Edited by solarion

3 hours ago, solarion said:

I think it'd be negligent for Kenny to not at least float some offers, since it's clear Carolina wants to move him.

Oh, for sure. Even if Carolina didn't want to move him, I'd expect Holland to at least express an interest, kick the tires.

I believe it was Elliotte Friedman who recently reported that the Wings have been interested in Faulk for a while now. So we know the Wings are interested. I just doubt the interest is strong enough to get a deal done. But I could be totally wrong.

Yeah, seems like a Faulk trade has been in the making for the last 100 years...give or take. Word has always been that Canes management wanted too much. ...BUT NOW(lol) they've added Hamilton and de Haan, plus Faulk didn't exactly have a career year. If it's ever going to happen it should be soon™. Probably some other team overpays and the Wings don't get him...which I'm fine with.

11 hours ago, amato said:
Skinner finally dealt. Not sure how good of a prospect Pu (hehe) is, but good deal for the sabers at first glance.

I'm just happy we didn't trade for him. Not that I think Holland was in on him, but with the rumors swirling, I'm glad he went to Buffalo.

9 hours ago, solarion said:

True Faulk doesn't fix everything wrong with Detroit's blueline, but he's a good young right handed dman on a friendly contract. I think it'd be negligent for Kenny to not at least float some offers, since it's clear Carolina wants to move him. Rather see him go somewhere else than overpay though as he's not a franchise dman. I picture him as a solid #2 guy, so we'd still have to look for moar defensive upgrades, but at least the dman corps wouldn't be a total tire fire with him a part of it.

Yeah, the only way I want Faulk is if he comes relatively cheap, which won't likely happen.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Oh, for sure. Even if Carolina didn't want to move him, I'd expect Holland to at least express an interest, kick the tires.

I believe it was Elliotte Friedman who recently reported that the Wings have been interested in Faulk for a while now. So we know the Wings are interested. I just doubt the interest is strong enough to get a deal done. But I could be totally wrong.

Any word on their asking price? What would we realistically have to give up?

9 hours ago, solarion said:

Yeah, seems like a Faulk trade has been in the making for the last 100 years...give or take. Word has always been that Canes management wanted too much. ...BUT NOW(lol) they've added Hamilton and de Haan, plus Faulk didn't exactly have a career year. If it's ever going to happen it should be soon™. Probably some other team overpays and the Wings don't get him...which I'm fine with.

For what it's worth, it's not clear that Carolina is actively shopping Faulk.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-carolina-hurricanes-skinner-out-and-faulk-remains/2018/08/03/

“Faulk is different,” Waddell said. “We never said we wanted to trade Justin Faulk. People assumed when we picked up Dougie Hamilton that was the direction we were going to go, but we don’t feel that same way. We feel if we do stay status quo, we’re going to have one of the best defensive corps in the league. Saying that, if some team steps up to the plate for him or another of our players we’re going to continue to look at that.”

That could just be posturing, though.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Any word on their asking price? What would we realistically have to give up?

Not that I'm aware of. Unless "It's high" counts, lol.

Edited by Dabura