• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

For what it's worth, it's not clear that Carolina is actively shopping Faulk.

Yeah...GMs gonna G M. Waddell also brought in de Haan and signed him to a 4yr deal at a few hundred k less than what Faulk is getting. They now have 7 dmen signed for the season(1 on ELC) and they've got $27.6m tied up in those 7 blueliners. They still have questions in net AND their forward group is a bit underwhelming(imo). They've made Faulk expendable so that they can bolster other areas of need...methinks. Don't see Faulk in Carolina to start next year, but time will tell.

Barring any mid season contract extensions, the Sens will likely lose Duchene, Stone and Karlsson after this season. If they're smart (they're not), they would trade all three players and get a major haul at this year's deadline.

They will likely finish bottom 3 (I'm guessing 31st overall) this season, and have a great chance to land Jack Hughes, except they won't get Jack Hughes, Colorado will...

Yeah, that team is being led by fools. Initially they offered him a piddly $5m...which is an insult for a guy that works his ass off for them both with and without the puck. Probaly he gets a bit more than that in arbitration and Melnyk/Dorion know it. Shame really, he'd likely have been their captain after EK leaves...now I think he just wants out of that dumpster fire, and I can't blame him at all.

ZOMG if they lose Duchene after shooting themselves in the foot to upgrade from Turris...they're officially the laughingstock of the decade. They gave up WAY too much to get Duchene and like you said took themselves out of the Jack Hughes sweepstakes to get there. TERRIBLE trade imo...you have to figure Sakic is licking his chops watching the Sens implode.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Barring any mid season contract extensions, the Sens will likely lose Duchene

Edited by solarion

The Sens are in total meltdown. Seemingly all their players want out. Once that happens there's not a whole lot management can do besides desperately try to patch things together.

I don't what the right move here is... but they're now gonna be forced to do a rebuild lol suck it other team that's thankfully not the Red Wings

If Melnyk continues to refuse to sell, he should at least start serving heads up on a platter to staunch the bleeding...starting with Pierre Dorion's. The team has been a mess since Bryan Murray's passing.

Imma gonna get postal if Colorado wins the Jack Hughes sweepstakes because of this mess of a team and their misguided trades...they're almost sure to get a top 10 pick from the Duchene trade. ...humbug!

#avsmustfail

You guys aren’t thinking Senators enough on this one. They’re about to have a really good start to the year, really get that false hope swirling up there. Then, they’ll be buyers at the deadline for their “playoff push,” getting rid of some rebuild assets. Right after the trade deadline, immediately tailspin back into a dumpster fire, barely miss the playoffs, and lose Duchene, Karlsson, Stone all for nothing in free agency. THEN their pick, now in Colorado, wins the daft lotto with the worst possible odds to do so. :P 

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

For what it's worth, it's not clear that Carolina is actively shopping Faulk.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-carolina-hurricanes-skinner-out-and-faulk-remains/2018/08/03/

“Faulk is different,” Waddell said. “We never said we wanted to trade Justin Faulk. People assumed when we picked up Dougie Hamilton that was the direction we were going to go, but we don’t feel that same way. We feel if we do stay status quo, we're going to have one of the best defensive corps in the league . Saying that, if some team steps up to the plate for him or another of our players we’re going to continue to look at that.”

That could just be posturing, though.

Not that I'm aware of. Unless "It's high" counts, lol.

They may not be calling other teams, but they absolutely want to trade him.

It would be a deep defense, but you have 5-6 guys who can play top 4. It doesn't help your team long term to put guys below their skill set. How did that work for the Caps putting Green on the 3rd pair?

It is. Everyone knows they need to trade D. But as long as we pretend to not want to sell, people will offer more, right?

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

In the off season news department:

Jared McIsaac is currently playing alongside Evan Bouchard on Canada's top defensive pairing in the World Junior Summer Showcase.  Berggren on Sweden's 3rd line. 

McIsaac scored a goal last night (wrist shot from the point), although it was assisted by Jet Woo, so I'm not sure if they were just in the middle of a line change or the pairs got switched up...

Would be nice, but Larkin > W. Karlsson, Dylan should get more. Karlsson had a great year, but there's a near zero chance he hits that kind of production again...that shot% wowzers.

Edit: Maybe that's a bit harsh re: Karlsson, but the guy was pretty unspectacular for the first few years of his career...just over .25ppg I believe. Goes to Vegas and strikes it rich with almost 4x the production on a ppg basis mostly due to an unsustainable s%. Good on him for getting paid, and maybe that was his break-out campaign, but it screams fluke to me. McPhee must be on the same page, which of course is why Karlsson got only a 1yr "show me" deal.

With Larkin I'd give that kid max term if he'll sign on the line, his #'s are what they are because he works his ass off every shift.

Edited by solarion

5 hours ago, solarion said:

With Larkin I'd give that kid max term if he'll sign on the line, his #'s are what they are because he works his ass off every shift.

We don’t know how good his numbers can be. He did well last season but terrible the year before. 

32 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Lucky for us, a sophomore slump is pretty common. Hoping he takes it to another level next season

Yeah I think he will be a great player; I just think Holland has a good reason to keep the contract fair for both sides. If Larkin had 3 solid seasons in a row the guy could easy demand an Eichel level contract. The sophomore slump is nice little advantage to have to keep things a little more cheap. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

We don’t know how good his numbers can be. He did well last season but terrible the year before. 

That works both ways though. If he keeps improving...which is probable, then he'll seem like a bargain going forward, particularly as the cap rises. Yeah, he had a tough sophomore campaign, but it wasn't for lack of effort, he just had to figure out how to create a little more time and space for himself. Larkin has the same work ethic as guys like Zetterberg, Yzerman, and Lidstrom. He's not going to be content giving less than 100%, he'll give you everything he's got every night. I'm not generally a fan of long contracts, but it makes a lot of sense with guys that are self motivating.

Kid is clearly being groomed to be the face of the franchise going forward. Giving him a contract with term illustrates management's confidence in him and removes any potential contract distractions for the foreseeable.

Edited by solarion

5 hours ago, mackel said:

Steve Ewen: Rasmussen a centre of attention in Kamloops as Team Canada's wing-man

http://flip.it/55-HrR

Hunter lauded Rasmussen’s ability to make plays along the boards. That’s obviously part of Hunter’s thinking with trying him on the wing.

Hunter also lauded Rasmussen’s speed, particularly for a 6-6, 221-pounder. He’s seemingly capable of covering the ground you’d want from a centre.

Rasmussen has played some wing coming through the ranks and the Red Wings have toyed with the idea of him starting his NHL career there, in a bid to lessen responsibilities and make the transition easier.

Also at play in all of this is the fact that Rasmussen could stick with the Red Wings this coming season.

He did shine in the playoffs for Tri-City this past season, helping them get to the Western Conference Final. He had 16 goals and 33 points in 14 postseason games.