• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Senators have all their contracts expiring next year besides 3 (Smith, Ryan, and Gaborik).

Just saying, that's what teams looking to sell (ownership of the team) tend to do.

And then they'll have 900 draft picks for 2019. :lol:

On 8/3/2018 at 8:13 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

They may not be calling other teams, but they absolutely want to trade him.

Prolly.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:13 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It would be a deep defense, but you have 5-6 guys who can play top 4. It doesn't help your team long term to put guys below their skill set. How did that work for the Caps putting Green on the 3rd pair?

It's a tough balancing act. On the one hand, you'd ideally like to be so deep that a number of your players are overqualified for their roles. On the other hand, it's really tough to maintain that kind of depth.

I think Carolina should be looking to move a defenseman, but if they're not getting offered anything that would outweigh the benefits of having a super-deep blue line this season then I think they should be patient and wait to take advantage of a desperate team. I don't think they should be in a rush to trade a defenseman just because they have "too many" top-four defensemen.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Senators have all their contracts expiring next year besides 3 (Smith, Ryan, and Gaborik).

Just saying, that's what teams looking to sell (ownership of the team) tend to do.

One does get that feeling given how quiet management is of late and the way they handled Stone and Ceci's contract negotiations before finally giving them each one year deals. I bet they'd love to move Ryan's boat anchor of a contract...with it's modified NTC...for what it's worth. Likely Ryan waves that thing to go anywhere at all given the mess the Sens are in.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

And then they'll have 900 draft picks for 2019. :lol:

They're only at even now...behind on picks if you take quality into consideration. Their own 2019 1st and 3rd belong to Colorado due to the misguided Duchene trade and they've picked up Pitt's 3rd and Calgary's 7th. Probably safe to say Dorion will be a very busy GM between now and the trade deadline.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Sens are basically the anti-Wings now. No winning culture. No integrity. Self-destructive, penny-pinching owner. Green GM. So much stupid drama.

Cum 2 the Wings, Erik.

15 hours ago, Dabura said:

Prolly.

It's a tough balancing act. On the one hand, you'd ideally like to be so deep that a number of your players are overqualified for their roles. On the other hand, it's really tough to maintain that kind of depth.

I think Carolina should be looking to move a defenseman, but if they're not getting offered anything that would outweigh the benefits of having a super-deep blue line this season then I think they should be patient and wait to take advantage of a desperate team. I don't think they should be in a rush to trade a defenseman just because they have "too many" top-four defensemen.

True. But the Caps lost Green for nothing. They could/should have traded him his last season under contract. They didn't, and their loss was our gain. I can see whoever gets bumped down to that 3rd pair in Carolina leaving via FA as well.

12 hours ago, Dabura said:

The Sens are basically the anti-Wings now. No winning culture. No integrity. Self-destructive, penny-pinching owner. Green GM. So much stupid drama.

Cum 2 the Wings, Erik.

Ewww.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True. But the Caps lost Green for nothing. They could/should have traded him his last season under contract. They didn't, and their loss was our gain. I can see whoever gets bumped down to that 3rd pair in Carolina leaving via FA as well.

Wouldn't be next summer, as Haydn Fleury's the only one on an expiring contract -- and he's a youngin' who can't just up and leave.

• Fleury - Signed through 2019 (RFA)
  • Faulk - 2020
  • van Riemsdyk - 2020
  • Hamilton - 2021
  • De Haan - 2022
  • Pesce - 2024
  • Slavin - 2025

If Carolina wants to move Faulk, they have two seasons to do it. That's a big reason why I'm saying they shouldn't be in a hurry to trade him right now, unless they get an offer they really like.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ewww.

The Sens' official slogan for their 2018-19 season.

All deleted, it was good reading, and figured it'd be nice to have some reading instead of just a bunch of links for once. It sure as heck was better than all the junk being posted around here, but I get it, it was a lot.

What if there were no links? What if a user took their time and actually wrote all the articles on here? It'd still be a lot of reading, or a "Brick Wall" of posts, but it would still be good info and on subject. Trades/Signings/News, especially during the dog days of August. But I understand, nobody wants their screen clogged up with that much NHL information, even it is relevant. So I deleted them.

Edited by LeftWinger

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

You were there in spirit

Ewwww. + 1

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

All deleted, it was good reading, and figured it'd be nice to have some reading instead of just a bunch of links for once. It sure as heck was better than all the junk being posted around here, but I get it, it was a lot.

What if there were no links? What if a user took their time and actually wrote all the articles on here? It'd still be a lot of reading, or a "Brick Wall" of posts, but it would still be good info and on subject. Trades/Signings/News, especially during the dog days of August. But I understand, nobody wants their screen clogged up with that much NHL information, even it is relevant. So I deleted them.

It was all good stuff, the effort was appreciated. maybe just not post it all at once next time. :lol:

18 minutes ago, solarion said:

Good for Justin and Julie. Congrats to the Abdelgatorz!

If its a boy: JJ

If its a girl: Abigail (Abby)

If its a millenial: Pat

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ewwww. + 1

It was all good stuff, the effort was appreciated. maybe just not post it all at once next time. :lol:

If its a boy: JJ

If its a girl: Abigail (Abby)

If its a millenial: Pat

Maybe if the baby was born 20 years ago.