JTi2Ned.jpg

1/6 thinks Zadina will win the Calder

4/6 picked Detroit as a bottom 3 team

1/6 picked Howard to be the goalie who loses the starting job

2/6 picked Blashill to be the first coach fired

Also interesting

5/6 picked Winnipeg to win it all, 6/6 put them in the SCF

They're a Canadian franchise, so....no.

Plus 2 of them think Panarin is a star player?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Considering or not, he better not be re-signed next summer.

I mean, anything can happen. But, yeah, I'm assuming 2018-19 is Kronner's swan song.

Relevant:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2018/08/16/detroit-red-wings-defense-verge-overhaul-talent-way/1010936002/

But, collectively, the group keeps getting older, and its age is a concern that general manager Ken Holland addressed after the season ended.

“Our defense is old,” Holland said. “We haven’t done a good enough job of drafting defensemen that have been high impact. You have to draft them and develop them.”

Which is what the organization plans to do in the next few years.

“As we go forward over the next year or two the plan is to slowly move some of the young players in our system onto our team,” Holland said. “Whether they are up front, or on defense. If two young defensemen can make our team, maybe we will carry eight defensemen.”

44 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

When will Holland be gone?

I think his two-year extension is a "prove it" deal. A bridge deal, if you will. He has to prove that he's capable of engineering a viable rebuild-on-the-fly, and, two years from now, that rebuild effort has to be in a good place (by Chris Ilitch's standards).

I feel Holland's pretty much taken care of that first part, having made some solid trades and stockpiled a lot of picks and run a stellar 2018 draft and re-signed key RFAs to good deals. The other part, well, we're gonna have to wait and see on that one. Can the younger players take over? Can they drive a dramatic turnaround that sees the Wings return to relevance in the very near future?

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

When will Holland be gone?

Until a better option becomes available, he's not going anywhere.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:23 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thou doubts the breadman??

I guess it depends on what your definition of "star" is. There are maybe 50 players in the league that I would consider "stars". He is a good top 6 F, but not among the top 50. Would live t have him in Detroit. I just wouldn't give him the "star" moniker.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Until a better option becomes available, he's not going anywhere.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "star" is. There are maybe 50 players in the league that I would consider "stars". He is a good top 6 F, but not among the top 50. Would live t have him in Detroit. I just wouldn't give him the "star" moniker.

20th in points last year with 82 points and 11th in points the year prior with 74. What's a poor guy gotta do to be considered a star in your eyes, be handsome too?

5 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

20th in points last year with 82 points and 11th in points the year prior with 74. What's a poor guy gotta do to be considered a star in your eyes, be handsome too?

Would u consider him among the top 5o players? I wouldn't. That's just my opinion. It's subjective.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Would u consider him among the top 5o players? I wouldn't. That's just my opinion. It's subjective.

Since he came into the league he's 7th in total points, 15th in goals, 14th in assists, 13th in points/game. So, yeah.

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He was a point per game player last year. Only 20 players with a significant number of games even did that, so yeah I would consider him top 50, easily. You're right though it's your opinion, I just think most would disagree.

3 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

He was a point per game player last year. Only 20 players with a significant number of games even did that, so yeah I would consider him top 50, easily. You're right though it's your opinion, I just think most would disagree.

He's lazy and he sucks.