• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

SOP. I think this is more of a failsafe measure in case the kids crap the bed at camp or there are veteran injuries. Otherwise, he has about as good a chance as Dan Cleary.

That, and you need so many veterans to play in each pre-season game. 8 I think...

https://theathletic.com/522117/2018/09/13/islanders-goalie-robin-lehner-opens-up-about-his-addiction-and-bipolar-diagnosis-i-could-not-stand-being-alone-in-my-brain/

Interesting read from Islander's G Robin Lehner regarding issues he's been having. Cool of him to share his story and get it out there, wishing him all the best. 

53 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/522117/2018/09/13/islanders-goalie-robin-lehner-opens-up-about-his-addiction-and-bipolar-diagnosis-i-could-not-stand-being-alone-in-my-brain/

Interesting read from Islander's G Robin Lehner regarding issues he's been having. Cool of him to share his story and get it out there, wishing him all the best. 

Yeah I read that article. Props to the Islanders for giving him a 2nd chance. I really hope Detroit wasn't one of the teams that came down hard on him in June before free agency. Sounds like some of these teams that interviewed him were pretty merciless. Mind you, no one knew his full story. 

Wow that story was an eye opener! Wonder how many others suffered in the past in silence vs getting help just so they wouldn't be stigmatized.  Not sure how the interviewer that blasted him thought he was a bad person or perhaps due to his actions during a manic trough? 

I feel for the guy. I have yet to fully move on from my loss, but thank Goodness for my son's, my friends at work and all of you guys here who have reached out to me. If I had to face my demons everyday alone, I too, may have gone down a dark path. It makes me so happy to see this guy start over and attempt to leave his former self in the past.  I cannot say that I know what its like to be addicted to drugs and alcohol, but I do understand the depression. each day gets a little better for him, and myself actually.  I think I am going to start following him and his story a lot closer. Thanks for putting the story up here @Wheelchairsuperhero.

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I feel for the guy. I have yet to fully move on from my loss, but thank Goodness for my son's, my friends at work and all of you guys here who have reached out to me. If I had to face my demons everyday alone, I too, may have gone down a dark path. It makes me so happy to see this guy start over and attempt to leave his former self in the past.  I cannot say that I know what its like to be addicted to drugs and alcohol, but I do understand the depression. each day gets a little better for him, and myself actually.  I think I am going to start following him and his story a lot closer. Thanks for putting the story up here @Wheelchairsuperhero.

Bring it in for a group hug, LGW fam.

*group hug*