• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

With Babcock behind the bench...I would not want my team to meet this Leafs team in the playoffs. Yeah, their D is thin, but we know Babcock has a talent for squeezing blood from a stone. Matthews-Tavares-Kadri is comparable to Crosby-Malkin-Bonino (in theory), and those Pens teams weren't exactly stacked on the blue line. Plus, we all know it's only a matter of time before the Leafs acquire a really good defenseman to solidify their D group. I expect them to pull that trigger this season. Next season at the latest.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

With Babcock behind the bench...I would not want my team to meet this Leafs team in the playoffs. Yeah, their D is thin, but we know Babcock has a talent for squeezing blood from a stone. Matthews-Tavares-Kadri is comparable to Crosby-Malkin-Bonino (in theory), and those Pens teams weren't exactly stacked on the blue line. Plus, we all know it's only a matter of time before the Leafs acquire a really good defenseman to solidify their D group. I expect them to pull that trigger this season. Next season at the latest.

Yeah? The only way they do this is via a "hockey trade" with salary going back the other way or through the draft - not a viable option for them since they won't be bad enough to get immediate impact through the draft and most D-prospects taken later in round 1 take 2-3 years to develop.

So yes, they can trade Nylander or Marner but as history has shown us, that gets you Adam ******* Larson. 

Soon the Leafs will know what Holland's been saying all along. When it comes to D men "there's no hockey store". 

Rot in hell Toronto!!!!!! :lol:

I really don't understand the holdup in Vegas re-signing Theodore. They have over $9M in cap available.  Maybe it's term, but at the very least give him 1 year at a nice raise and try again next summer for a long term deal. If not, trade him to us! We've got a nice supply of "VETS" to help them get back to the Finals!

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I really don't understand the holdup in Vegas re-signing Theodore. They have over $9M in cap available.  Maybe it's term, but at the very least give him 1 year at a nice raise and try again next summer for a long term deal. If not, trade him to us! We've got a nice supply of "VETS" to help them get back to the Finals!

Sounds like he wants a long-term deal and McPhee wants a bridge. With Schmidt out, they really need to find a way to get something done or else their opening-night D group is gonna look even worse than ours.

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I do think it was a sucker punch and it pisses me off. What really gets my blood boiling is that it's Ekblad. He's the much more talented hockey player and he's already suffered through concussions and he honestly could be one more concussion away from guaranteeing that his career ends prematurely and his quality of life is forever compromised. And some punk -- a Domi in a Habs jersey, because of course -- probably concusses him again, in a BS way, in a meaningless preseason game.

Get that s*** out of the game. Bring the hammer down on this kind of thing.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

e3d.png

Needs moar bongo cat.

So, according to Holland himself, we're likely going to see two kid defensemen make the team out of camp. If the season started tonight, I think it's Hronek and Hicketts, with Hicketts getting the edge over Cholowski/Sulak because I think everyone's ok with him spending nights in the press box. Hronek gets in because Blashill's been talking about how he looks for "elite skills that can transfer to the NHL" and he clearly thinks highly of Hronek's PPQB prowess. With Green out, we need a solid PPQB.

Sulak has impressed, but Blashill says there are things he "needs to get better at," which I take to mean he's not making the team out of camp. I think Cholowski is *oh-so-close*, but they want him playing big minutes in a big role and he's not going to get that opportunity as a Red Wing right now.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesn't he basically have hepatitis?

Honestly, I dunno. I went down a rabbit hole that started with learning about hepatitis and ended with stories about people dying unexpectedly.

Picture+1.png

Edited by Dabura

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jake Dotchin showed up to TBL training camp 30 lbs overweight and out of shape and they canned him lol? (sorry I've been out of the loop for while)

What a moron. Is this the first time a player has had their contract terminated for bein a big ol fat fatty?

DnacjFpUwAAoC3U.jpg

Pic unrelated

Does that man eat his dogs plain? No mustard? 

On topic (sort of)  I believe Big Buff got in trouble for coming into the Atlanta Jets camp packing a few extra. 

The Era of the six pack hockey dude is a relatively new one. I mean lot's of guys were in shape back in the day but there were also plenty of Tkachuks that would never pass a modern physical. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesn't he basically have hepatitis?

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Honestly, I dunno. I went down a rabbit hole that started with learning about hepatitis and ended with stories about people dying unexpectedly.

Picture+1.png

Probably.

41 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Does that man eat his dogs plain? No mustard? 

On topic (sort of)  I believe Big Buff got in trouble for coming into the Atlanta Jets camp packing a few extra. 

The Era of the six pack hockey dude is a relatively new one. I mean lot's of guys were in shape back in the day but there were also plenty of Tkachuks that would never pass a modern physical. 

Yeah there's that one pic of big buff where he looks super obese a few years ago. He's always been heavy, but that's kinda his thing, his checks are ******* enormous cause of his extra weight.

I'm always surprised how some guys are cut up, and other guys make me scream at my family LOOK AT HIM, I TOLD YOU I COULDA MADE THE BIG SHOW

I just dont remember the last guy who literally got terminated for being fat. B Smith's first full season at NYR he showed up for camp overweight and out of shape but still didn't get the boot. Bigger contract thou

On 9/22/2018 at 2:36 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

So. Waive Jensen. 

DeKeyser Sulak

Ericsson Daley

Kronwall Hronek

Hicketts

Trade Ericsson.

DeKeyser - Jensen (until Green is healthy)

Cholowski - Daley

Kronwall - Hronek

Sulak (first injury recall)