• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Image result for that's just like your opinion man

I've never seen The Big Lebowski, don't @ me. 

I did like @F.Michael's post though, because, well.... The Dude is a bomb ass nick name. 

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

You 2 are in the very small % that didn't like the movie.

I'll admit that it's a bit long, but a classic nonetheless.

I was at Lebowskifest 2018 less than a month ago. I love the movie, but it still sucks.

56 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Ottawa Senators are like that scene in Thor where Thor is beating up the SHIELD guys except Thor is Eugene Melnyk and the SHIELD guys are the Ottawa Senators and their fans.

Or maybe Melnyk is more like Bane.

Edited by Dabura

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Ottawa Senators are like that scene in Thor where Thor is beating up the SHIELD guys except Thor is Eugene Melnyk and the SHIELD guys are the Ottawa Senators and their fans.

Or maybe Melnyk is more like Bane.

Eugene Melynk is the autistic fans who see players as just names on a spreadsheet. He's rebuilding just like @DickieDunn @frankgrimes or @LeftWinger always dreamed of. Just waive/trade everyone you dont like or is overpaid with total disregard for the human element. Zach Smith overpaid? F him, Sacked.

I wonder where the applause is for this type of management is hiding? Plenty of ppl on this board have called for this style rebuild for many years now. Conveniently they are suddenly absent. It's not very pretty in real life. Melnyk is going to lose his franchise.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Eugene Melynk is the autistic fans who see players as just names on a spreadsheet. He's rebuilding just like @DickieDunn @frankgrimes or @LeftWinger always dreamed of. Just waive/trade everyone you dont like or is overpaid with total disregard for the human element. Zach Smith overpaid? F him, Sacked.

I wonder where the applause is for this type of management is hiding? Plenty of ppl on this board have called for this style rebuild for many years now. Conveniently they are suddenly absent. It's not very pretty in real life. Melnyk is going to lose his franchise.

To be fair...Moneyball was a good movie.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To be fair, 99% of the players that I wanted cut, waived, not re-signed or traded, eventually got cut, waived not re-signed or traded. So, it just seems I would've just done it sooner that what our management did. The team I've been building in my world is taking shape in the real world. You just have to open your eyes and realize it.

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Envious.

Been wanting to go (was 1 in Chicago, but as usual I don't have a social life).

What did you dress up as?

That's the one I was at. Was for a bachelor party so we had purple bowling shirts done up for the whole crew like da jesus.

Guy can roll

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

To be fair, 99% of the players that I wanted cut, waived, not re-signed or traded, eventually got cut, waived not re-signed or traded. So, it just seems I would've just done it sooner that what our management did. The team I've been building in my world is taking shape in the real world. You just have to open your eyes and realize it.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

7 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

D guys are dropping like flies right now. Going to be a weird season opener personnel wise if Green, Daley, DeKeyser and Ericsson all don't play.

Rooks will play which will be fun, but then the old goats will return and all the rooks will be lost to waivers yipee

21 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:
D guys are dropping like flies right now. Going to be a weird season opener personnel wise if Green, Daley, DeKeyser and Ericsson all don't play.

Who would have guessed that of the five, including Kronwall, that he'd be the only one healthy enough to go to start the season...

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rooks will play which will be fun, but then the old goats will return and all the rooks will be lost to waivers yippee

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic? None of the kids (Cholowski, Hicketts, Sulak, Hronek, Saarijarvi) are waiver eligible this season. They can all be called up / sent down freely.

I'm excited to see what some of them can do in a regular season game or two. I'd love to see Cholowski stick with the big club.

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

None of the four "rooks" have to clear waivers tho

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who would have guessed that of the five, including Kronwall, that he'd be the only one healthy enough to go to start the season...

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic? None of the kids (Cholowski, Hicketts, Sulak, Hronek, Saarijarvi) are waiver eligible this season. They can all be called up / sent down freely.

I'm excited to see what some of them can do in a regular season game or two. I'd love to see Cholowski stick with the big club.

Blah blah blah ur smart blah blah blah I'm dumb

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's the one I was at. Was for a bachelor party so we had purple bowling shirts done up for the whole crew like da jesus.

Guy can roll

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

I mean players that I have suggested getting rid of over the years have either been let go, traded, waived.  Not necessarily the exact names of kids coming up, but players like Hudler, Kindl, Smith, Filppula, Andersson, and some others I may have forgotten (whom I took a lot of heat for suggesting they not be on our team) have all been ditched basically. Even going back to my suggestion of trading Franzen for Alex Burrows (which I took too much heat for) would've been a great deal in hindsight considering Franzen's eventual head problems that caused him to LTIR. Not that I could've seen that coming, but back then I was suggesting that deal because I felt that Franzen playing with the Twins would resurrect his scoring. Unbeknownst to all of us, it was the concussions that was causing him to falter on the ice. But if that deal could've happened, we would've gotten a full career out of Burrows instead of LTIR Franzen. I still think we should've dealt Franzen circa 2010, but in the end, he didn't play anyhow.

I admit, much like some others, there were times when I went overboard with some trade suggestions, but for the most part, nearly every player that I didn't like on this team, for one reason or another, was eventually dealt, waived, went unsigned, despite the tons of slack I took from folks here for even suggesting any of it.  So, ya, I have had some doosies of trade scenario's, but again, most of the players I had in those trades, are gone. So maybe the deals I suggested weren't the best, but 99% the payers I suggested to trade, are gone. So ya, the team I didn't like is pretty much gone, and the team I am liking more and more is here and building.

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rooks will play which will be fun, but then the old goats will return and all the rooks will be lost to waivers yippee

Nah, any of the players that will be there opening night ALL have waiver exemptions. We're good!