• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

D guys are dropping like flies right now. Going to be a weird season opener personnel wise if Green, Daley, DeKeyser and Ericsson all don't play.

So, out to start the season possibly: Green, Daley, DD, E. We needed 1 kid to make the team to have 7 healthy D, now we have only 2 healthy D (and how healthy is Kronwall really?) so that gives 5 kids the possibly the opening night!

Sulak, Cholowski, Hronek, Hicketts and Saarijarvi will all get extended looks past the pre-season!

Kronwall - Jensen

Cholowski - Hronek

Sulak - Hicketts (Saarijarvi)

Not exact combos, but that is a real fresh look!

54 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I mean players that I have suggested getting rid of over the years have either been let go, traded, waived.  Not necessarily the exact names of kids coming up, but players like Hudler, Kindl, Smith, Filppula, Andersson, and some others I may have forgotten (whom I took a lot of heat for suggesting they not be on our team) have all been ditched basically. Even going back to my suggestion of trading Franzen for Alex Burrows (which I took too much heat for) would've been a great deal in hindsight considering Franzen's eventual head problems that caused him to LTIR. Not that I could've seen that coming, but back then I was suggesting that deal because I felt that Franzen playing with the Twins would resurrect his scoring. Unbeknownst to all of us, it was the concussions that was causing him to falter on the ice. But if that deal could've happened, we would've gotten a full career out of Burrows instead of LTIR Franzen. I still think we should've dealt Franzen circa 2010, but in the end, he didn't play anyhow.

I admit, much like some others, there were times when I went overboard with some trade suggestions, but for the most part, nearly every player that I didn't like on this team, for one reason or another, was eventually dealt, waived, went unsigned, despite the tons of slack I took from folks here for even suggesting any of it.  So, ya, I have had some doosies of trade scenario's, but again, most of the players I had in those trades, are gone. So maybe the deals I suggested weren't the best, but 99% the payers I suggested to trade, are gone. So ya, the team I didn't like is pretty much gone, and the team I am liking more and more is here and building.

Nah, any of the players that will be there opening night ALL have waiver exemptions. We're good!

sarcastic10.gif

44 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Did you guys lick your balls too?

latest?cb=20111216184458

Obviously you're not a golfer

On 9/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, krsmith17 said:

Most Leafs fans I know call him Willy...

Image result for free willy gif

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rooks will play which will be fun, but then the old goats will return and all the rooks will be lost to waivers yipee

Actually, they'll probably get slaughtered, and our D will be even worse. Then everyone will blame Blashill for being a horrible coach. Why? Cuz it can't possibly be because dropping all of the "dead weight" and replacing them with kids could fail...right?

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Actually, they'll probably get slaughtered, and our D will be even worse. Then everyone will blame Blashill for being a horrible coach. Why? Cuz it can't possibly be because dropping all of the "dead weight" and replacing them with kids could fail...right?

Yo yo yo if Holland had wisened up sooner and we had just dropped all the old goats earlier we could have had a team that looks like this:

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Frk
Svechnikov - Rasmussen -  Pope
Puempel - Turgeon - Witkowski

Dekeyser - Jensen
Cholowski - Hicketts
Sulak - Hronek

Mrazek
Rybar

And we probably wouldn't have had to give up Smith, Kindl, McCollum, Coreau, Ouellet, Emmerton, Andersson, Mursak, Jurco, Sproul, Marchenko, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, Ferraro...

Damn, that team is scary dope, why didn't we do this? Grrrrrrr

#MakesYouThink

3 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

So what your saying is you wanna go yet another year without addressing the blueline?

So what you're saying is you want to pass on Jack Hughes to take a D man that should go 4th or 5th overall instead? 

Best player available. Always. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So what you're saying is you want to pass on Jack Hughes to take a D man that should go 4th or 5th overall instead? 

Best player available. Always. 

Agreed! Jack Hughes first, toss up between Kakko and Broberg if we get 2-5. An argument can be made for Podkolzin as well!

Edited by LeftWinger

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yo yo yo if Holland had wisened up sooner and we had just dropped all the old goats earlier we could have had a team that looks like this:

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Frk
Svechnikov - Rasmussen -  Pope
Puempel - Turgeon - Witkowski

Dekeyser - Jensen
Cholowski - Hicketts
Sulak - Hronek

Mrazek
Rybar

And we probably wouldn't have had to give up Smith, Kindl, McCollum, Coreau, Ouellet, Emmerton, Andersson, Mursak, Jurco, Sproul, Marchenko, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, Ferraro...

Damn, that team is scary dope, why didn't we do this? Grrrrrrr

#MakesYouThink

But if we wouldn't had given up all those players,,,,how would the dope roster you put together even be out on the ice? 

22 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

But if we wouldn't had given up all those players,,,,how would the dope roster you put together even be out on the ice? 

It's tough to say cause Kindl, Emmerton, and Mursak (and maybe a few others) probably would have become cornerstone players had the old goats not been keepin them down yo

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's tough to say cause Kindl, Emmerton, and Mursak (and maybe a few others) probably would have become cornerstone players had the old goats not been keepin them down yo

Gotcha yo.  So would that mean your dope roster could have been even doper if we could have kept a few of these guys (e.g. Kindle, Emmerton, etc.)?

On 9/26/2018 at 1:10 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Eugene Melynk is the autistic fans who see players as just names on a spreadsheet. He's rebuilding just like @DickieDunn @frankgrimes or @LeftWinger always dreamed of. Just waive/trade everyone you dont like or is overpaid with total disregard for the human element. Zach Smith overpaid? F him, Sacked.

I wonder where the applause is for this type of management is hiding? Plenty of ppl on this board have called for this style rebuild for many years now. Conveniently they are suddenly absent. It's not very pretty in real life. Melnyk is going to lose his franchise.

IDK about the other 2, but I've been busy with real life s*** and haven't ahd a lot of time to go on the internet.

Holland is still a putz.  F--k Sack Smith.  He isn't worth what he was paid, if they can get some relief from waiving him, do it.  I'd still tell Ericsson either "retire" and play in Sweden or ride the bus in Toledo.  He's ineffective and scared of getting hurt.  I wouldn't have signed Green or Vanek.  I would have signed a couple of fringe players to minimum wage, and if a kid came close to being as good, the kid wins the spot.  This is a business.  What you did 3 years ago is meaningless.