• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

IDK about the other 2, but I've been busy with real life s*** and haven't ahd a lot of time to go on the internet.

Holland is still a putz.  F--k Sack Smith.  He isn't worth what he was paid, if they can get some relief from waiving him, do it.  I'd still tell Ericsson either "retire" and play in Sweden or ride the bus in Toledo.  He's ineffective and scared of getting hurt.  I wouldn't have signed Green or Vanek.  I would have signed a couple of fringe players to minimum wage, and if a kid came close to being as good, the kid wins the spot.  This is a business.  What you did 3 years ago is meaningless.

Ah, but Vanek is awesome. 

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

IDK about the other 2, but I've been busy with real life s*** and haven't ahd a lot of time to go on the internet.

Holland is still a putz.  F--k Sack Smith.  He isn't worth what he was paid, if they can get some relief from waiving him, do it.  I'd still tell Ericsson either "retire" and play in Sweden or ride the bus in Toledo.  He's ineffective and scared of getting hurt.  I wouldn't have signed Green or Vanek.  I would have signed a couple of fringe players to minimum wage, and if a kid came close to being as good, the kid wins the spot.  This is a business.  What you did 3 years ago is meaningless.

Relief from what? They have 8.5 in cap space with a 24 man roster right now. If Smith had been claimed they're looking at something like 11.5 on opening day. Big whoop. They don't need the cap space at all, they're only going to shed more contracts this year. All the Smith waiver debacle has served to do is piss off Ottawa players and Ottawa fans. Just shows Melynk is a cheap POS with no understanding of PR or the human element of his team. It's sad really. But if you'd like to defend the move, then by all means have at it...

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Cholowski is a lock to make the opening night roster. Who should be next in line? Hicketts? Hronek? Sulak? Saarijarvi? My bet is on Hicketts, although I think Sulak is probably more deserving...

I think probably Hicketts. I like a lot about Sulak’s game, including his mobility and stick work. Right now it seems like he can get a little flustered in his own zone, where as Hickett’s seems to thrive in that sort of situation. Feisty little bugger. With that said, I still like Sulak better in that I think he could have a bigger impact in the long run, with some experience.

22 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Just curious what the point of signing Jared McIsaac was...does that not burn a year or two of his entry contract when he wasn't playing with the Wings this year anyway?

No. An entry level contract will slide until the player plays a minimum of 10 NHL games in a season. The player can play up to 9 games before it burns a year of the contract. Most high draft picks are signed to an ELC right after being drafted. Only the elite of the elite end up playing right out of the gate. The rest remain in junior, minors or Europe, without burning a year of the contract. The only thing this signing really means is that he will count toward the 50-man roster limit.

8 hours ago, Wings3:16 said:

Just curious what the point of signing Jared McIsaac was...does that not burn a year or two of his entry contract when he wasn't playing with the Wings this year anyway?

No McIsaac is in juniors so no it doesn't burn any of his ELC Only if he were playing in GR.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:53 AM, DickieDunn said:

Except there aren't any kids better than Green or Vanek.

2 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

No McIsaac is in juniors so no it doesn't burn any of his ELC Only if he were playing in GR.

An ELC slides even if the player is playing in the AHL. The only way a year is burnt is if the player plays 10+ games in the NHL.

A bit surprising is Kronwall left the ice 15 in.  Is he getting the Z treatment and only practicing when he can, or has his knees flared up early? We could have a VERY young D corps this season...

...and there you have it.

Whoa? Witko being waived for Ehn?

...and just a bit more

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

A bit surprising is Kronwall left the ice 15 in.  Is he getting the Z treatment and only practicing when he can, or has his knees flared up early? We could have a VERY young D corps this season...

image.png.499c1c55f8697e997be4cd5560693ff7.png

image.png.c08561b10591c9723b0d71e79b3d47d0.png

...and just a bit more

image.png.c1f06b5e4393c511d505196e62a334bd.png

Nm

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.499c1c55f8697e997be4cd5560693ff7.png

image.png.c08561b10591c9723b0d71e79b3d47d0.png

...and just a bit more

image.png.c1f06b5e4393c511d505196e62a334bd.png

I am pleasantly surprised with the waiving of Witkowski and addition of Ehn in that spot. The rest is all pretty much what we expected.