• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

So CRL was Blash out this weekend to Seattle to get some edibles to endure the season?

The start of the freep video to that AWESOME HSJ article is where I got this screen capture my boy looks messed up.....

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

20 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So CRL was Blash out this weekend to Seattle to get some edibles to endure the season?

The start of the freep video to that AWESOME HSJ article is where I got this screen capture my boy looks messed up.....

blash-high.jpeg

Jeff's not stoned, he's just AWESOME, like our friends at the Detroit Free Press

HSJ is so AWESOME she couldn't be bothered to put the word "the" in her AWESOME title. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does.

"What's next for Detroit Red Wings"

AWESOME just AWESOME

EDIT: Rant not over

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

18 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Arizona waives Russo.  Looks like there keeping that 7th round pick.

Not necessarily, if nobody claims him and he is assigned to their farm team, he could always be called up later in the season if there is an injury.

36 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Arizona waives Russo.  Looks like there keeping that 7th round pick.

17 minutes ago, kliq said:

Not necessarily, if nobody claims him and he is assigned to their farm team, he could always be called up later in the season if there is an injury.

What was the condition on that trade? If Russo plays 30 games with Arizona or something? 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jeff's not stoned, he's just AWESOME, like our friends at the Detroit Free Press

HSJ is so AWESOME she couldn't be bothered to put the word "the" in her AWESOME title. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does.

The copy editor writes the headlines.

and here we go. Looks like E, Daley and Kronner just may be out for the opener. Sulak, Hronek and Hicketts are now all showing on the roster. Earlier today, they were not. Franzen, Z and Green have been officially moved to IR. Svech still showing in the minors roster and Witko still showing on Detroit. Even though he was waived and cleared, he can still play in Detroit. But if Svech is hurt, I don't think he can be sent down. We'll see! But damn! We are going to have a Green (and Green-less) opening D roster!  They don't need to send anyone down because they have $15M in LTIR if needed, but are only projected to be using $8M of it with 14 FWDS, 9D and 2G. They'll just put a couple of D on regular IR to become roster compliant.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"What's next for Detroit Red Wings"

AWESOME just AWESOME

EDIT: Rant not over

Definite articles are so outdated.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What was the condition on that trade? If Russo plays 30 games with Arizona or something? 

Exactly.

I dont think he will, but with injuries you never know.

Jun 24, 2018:
detroit_red_wings.svgDET
2019 conditional 7th round pick*

*Conditions: Detroit receives the 2019 7th round pick if Robbie Russo plays in 30 NHL games.
arizona_coyotes.svgARI

Edited by kliq

7 hours ago, Prolix said:

The copy editor writes the headlines.

Then her editor is an idiot. I've worked as an editor in the past, it's not a hard gig. You have to be an idiot to screw it up.

Let's be honest, the DFP publishes clickbait bull s*** and it would be better for the general public if it died out.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Svech on "non-roster" injured reserve.

...as was speculated yesterday, Witkowski has not been sent to GR. He remains on The Wings roster with Svech going on 'Non-Roster IR." I would guess that when Svech becomes healthy that is when Witko will be assigned to GR.

In other news, my dark horse hope for the draft last June, Liam Kirk, is playing for Peterborough in the OHL and has 2 goals with 3 points in 4 games. I still wish we could somehow get this kid, even more so than Tippett, if you can believe that!

Edited by LeftWinger

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Then her editor is an idiot. I've worked as an editor in the past, it's not a hard gig. You have to be an idiot to screw it up.

Let's be honest, the DFP publishes clickbait bull s*** and it would be better for the general public if it died out.

To be fair, omitting the "the" in a title like that is common practice. Everyone does it and has been doing it from time immemorial.

What really grinds my gears about the HSJs of the world -- and this is also common practice -- is that they write their stories before they've even asked their questions in their media scrums. All they need is quotes, and they get the quotes they want by asking questions that they know will get them those answers. It's masturbatory hackery.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

To be fair, omitting the "the" in a title like that is common practice. Everyone does it and has been doing it from time immemorial.

What really grinds my gears about the HSJs of the world -- and this is also common practice -- is that they write their stories before they've even asked their questions in their media scrums. All they need is quotes, and they get the quotes they want by asking questions that they know will get them those answers. It's masturbatory hackery.

LET ME BE MAD

56 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

L O ******* L 

This really wasn't a big loss to the Leafs and as much as I hate it, it was the right move. They have a top 10 starting goaltender in Andersen, and the best goalie in the AHL last season (by far) as their backup, who is only 25 years old. They lost a very good backup in McElhinney, who is 35 years old, and a decent backup in Pickard. They could also re-claim one of these guys in a few weeks when either Darling or Neuvirth get healthy.

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hope Andersen gets hurt for the leafs. Not sorry.

... and Matthews, and Marner, and Tavares...

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This really wasn't a big loss to the Leafs and as much as I hate it, it was the right move. They have a top 10 starting goaltender in Andersen, and the best goalie in the AHL last season (by far) as their backup, who is only 25 years old. They lost a very good backup in McElhinney, who is 35 years old, and a decent backup in Pickard. They could also re-claim one of these guys in a few weeks when either Darling or Neuvirth get healthy.

... and Matthews, and Marner, and Tavares...

Yeah it's really only going to hurt the Marlies unless Andersen goes down. And you're right, they'll prolly claim a goalie here shortly to get the warm bodies in.

Watch Toronto claim Mrazek in a week lol

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah it's really only going to hurt the Marlies unless Andersen goes down. And you're right, they'll prolly claim a goalie here shortly to get the warm bodies in.

Watch Toronto claim Mrazek in a week lol

Hey, Mrazek is starting Thursday night against the Islanders. He's getting a shutout. Don't be surprised if he's a Vezina finalist this season... :ninja: