• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This really wasn't a big loss to the Leafs and as much as I hate it, it was the right move. They have a top 10 starting goaltender in Andersen, and the best goalie in the AHL last season (by far) as their backup, who is only 25 years old. They lost a very good backup in McElhinney, who is 35 years old, and a decent backup in Pickard. They could also re-claim one of these guys in a few weeks when either Darling or Neuvirth get healthy.

... and Matthews, and Marner, and Tavares...

You say that but it would sort of blow if the Wings all of a sudden lost Rybar and Sateri. Good goaltending is important on the farm. 

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You say that but it would sort of blow if the Wings all of a sudden lost Rybar and Sateri. Good goaltending is important on the farm. 

Very true. Depth is important, but I don't think acquiring a minor league starter would be all that costly, and like I said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have one of them back in the organization in the next few weeks.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Very true. Depth is important, but I don't think acquiring a minor league starter would be all that costly, and like I said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have one of them back in the organization in the next few weeks.

So Mrazek will be a Marlie. Got it.

6 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

Does this mean Kronwall didn’t want Captain or wasn’t offered it?  I thought he’d make a good stop gap Captain for a year or two until Larkin was prepared.

There seems to be a general understanding that this will be Kronwall's last season, and it's safe to say he's going to miss a number of games. He's a great team guy and he knows what's up (the team is transitioning, a DRW captain is counted on to lead by example every day and every night, etc.), so I'm guessing he would decline the offer. And I imagine Holland and Blashill aren't big on the idea of stopgap captaincy anyway, as the organization takes the C very seriously. That Yzerman->Lidstrom->Zetterberg continuum is a big part of the Wings' "winning culture." Larkin might not become the kind of player that Zetterberg became, but he's the closest thing we have.

1 minute ago, Mckinley25 said:

That makes sense, and I assume Larkin will get a taste of the role during his rotation.

Yup. That seems to be the plan.

Granted, I don't claim to have any insider info, so I could be way off about Kronwall and the C and all this stuff. It's just my two cents.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rasmussen is the next C u ingrates

2C? He could be someday. Let's see how he handles playing on the wing first.

5 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

Does this mean Kronwall didn’t want Captain or wasn’t offered it?  I thought he’d make a good stop gap Captain for a year or two until Larkin was prepared.

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

There seems to be a general understanding that this will be Kronwall's last season, and it's safe to say he's going to miss a number of games. He's a great team guy and he knows what's up (the team is transitioning, a DRW captain is counted on to lead by example every day and every night, etc.), so I'm guessing he would decline the offer. And I imagine Holland and Blashill aren't big on the idea of stopgap captaincy anyway, as the organization takes the C very seriously. That Yzerman->Lidstrom->Zetterberg continuum is a big part of the Wings' "winning culture." Larkin might not become the kind of player that Zetterberg became, but he's the closest thing we have.

It's also possible that they don't want to name a Captain until Z officially retires. You don't name a new Don before you whack the old one.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Ya notice how the Wings don't trade away guys wearing letters? Looks like Nielsen is here to stay!

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ya notice how the Wings don't trade away guys wearing letters? Looks like Nielsen is here to stay!

Yeah, I have noticed that, which kinda sucks. However, all bets are off when Yzerman takes over. He'll want to make a mark on HIS team! His first move, Nielsen to Tampa for Foote...

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lefty hacked your account?

Nah, that trade is nowhere near one sided as I would propose, if it were me I would've said Nielsen for Hedman.

Btw, E and Kronwall on IR, Witko, Hronek and Hicketts recalled.

Edited by LeftWinger