• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I've been trying that for a while now! Can't seem to get any...1604.

Mega play is 5 numbers form 1 to 70 plus powerball.  Soo  applied your wisdom and Friday's mega play will be the following

10 - Delvecchio 

14 - Goose

16 - Vladdy

40 - Z

61 - De la Rose..a wee stretch

Powerball

1 - Sawchuck

===========

6 - Aurie

10 - Delvecchio

14 - Goose

40  - Z

41 - Luke

Powerball 

1 - Sawchuck

===========

4 - Kelly

6 - Aurie

10 - Delvecchio

16 - Vladdy

40  - Z

Powerball 

1 - Sawchuck

Might play all these combinations or maybe a different powerball as I am relying quite a bit on Sawchuck to deliver. 

Other combinations are welcome!!!

I win there will be gifts...LOL

28 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Mega play is 5 numbers form 1 to 70 plus powerball.  Soo  applied your wisdom and Friday's mega play will be the following

10 - Delvecchio 

14 - Goose

16 - Vladdy

40 - Z

61 - De la Rose..a wee stretch

Powerball

1 - Sawchuck

===========

6 - Aurie

10 - Delvecchio

14 - Goose

40  - Z

41 - Luke

Powerball 

1 - Sawchuck

===========

4 - Kelly

6 - Aurie

10 - Delvecchio

16 - Vladdy

40  - Z

Powerball 

1 - Sawchuck

Might play all these combinations or maybe a different powerball as I am relying quite a bit on Sawchuck to deliver. 

Other combinations are welcome!!!

I win there will be gifts...LOL

26 minutes ago, Dabura said:

4 8 15 16 23 42

The lottery is a tax for people who don't know how to do math

I just wanted to comment on the Nylander 6 year $6.9 Million deal. What a mess the Leafs have created by signing Tavares.

I live in the Toronto area, so I see/hear the comments. Leaf fans, either don't understand, or refuse to believe, what's going on here. All the Tavares contract has done is upped the value of the rest of the team. Every contract now, will be based on Tavares. Marner can ask for $10 Million and Matthews $12 Million, instead of having to settle for bridge contracts.

I have witnesses :) that can back me on this, when I first heard Tavares signed with the Leafs, I said, "Wow! Why did the Leafs sign him? Now they'll have to pay Marner, Matthews, and Nylander more".

I noticed Morgan Reilly is having a great year too. Defensemen are over paid, so he can ask for $10 Million now.

The Leafs don't have a plan, they're running their team like it's 2003-04. I hear they'll trade Nylander in the off season. The fans are going to demand a first line Defenseman, but honestly, what can they get other than draft picks? They can't add any more big contracts.

Leave it to the Leafs to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

I just wanted to comment on the Nylander 6 year $6.9 Million deal. What a mess the Leafs have created by signing Tavares.

I live in the Toronto area, so I see/hear the comments. Leaf fans, either don't understand, or refuse to believe, what's going on here. All the Tavares contract has done is upped the value of the rest of the team. Every contract now, will be based on Tavares. Marner can ask for $10 Million and Matthews $12 Million, instead of having to settle for bridge contracts.

I have witnesses :) that can back me on this, when I first heard Tavares signed with the Leafs, I said, "Wow! Why did the Leafs sign him? Now they'll have to pay Marner, Matthews, and Nylander more".

I noticed Morgan Reilly is having a great year too. Defensemen are over paid, so he can ask for $10 Million now.

The Leafs don't have a plan, they're running their team like it's 2003-04. I hear they'll trade Nylander in the off season. The fans are going to demand a first line Defenseman, but honestly, what can they get other than draft picks? They can't add any more big contracts.

I posted this in another thread as well, but I think you are making their situation out to be much worse then it is. They will definitely be top heavy, but once you take into consideration the cap rising, and the entry level contracts that will replace the likes of Gardinar, Hainsley, and their 4th liners, they should be fine. Worst case they buy out Marleau. Leafs need a big time D-man, and I'm guessing at some point they try to use a Nyander/Marner type player to get him.

As far as Reilly goes, he's under contract until 2023, I dont think that's an issue right now.

2 hours ago, Barrie said:

Sort of agree with Kliq on this one. I think your slightly exaggerating the negative effect of signing Tavares. Signing a superstar is almost never bad, and if it is causing problems, it's a good problem to have.

The Leafs are operating from a position of strength. Being overloaded with good talent is a good thing. They can carve their roster however they want and that's the real test for them. How do they navigate those waters? Trade Nylander? Trade Tavares? Trade Gardiner? Trade Marleau? The power is in their hands.

The real problem I see for them is Zaitsev, Marleau, and Kadri. They might end up regretting some of those contracts soon.

I refuse to "like" kliq and CRL's posts, because f*** the Leafs, but yeah, I completely agree. The Leafs are going to be a power house for quite a few more years (unfortunately). There's no way you can spin the Tavares signing into a negative. He's worth every penny of that contract, as will be the case with Matthews and Marner. I do think Nylander was slightly overpaid, but I think he will be traded in the next year for a top 3 defenseman. As much as it pains me to say it, the Leafs are finally doing everything right to build a legit contender. I just hope they never win it all...

8 hours ago, Barrie said:

Basically they need to go for it all right now, this year. If its true that you're hearing Marner $10M and Matthews $12M that's all but $1M of their available cap next season. It all or nothing right now. So now is when we should offer them up Nyquist and Glendening to solidify their potential run! I'll take a 1st and Liljegren.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Basically they need to go for it all right now, this year. If its true that you're hearing Marner $10M and Matthews $12M that's all but $1M of their available cap next season. It all or nothing right now. So now is when we should offer them up Nyquist and Glendening to solidify their potential run! I'll take a 1st and Liljegren.

What about Ehn for Sandin?

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...and the chips begin to fall in Toronto.

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-trade-leivo-to-canucks-for-carcone-1.1220043

Weren't going to be able to re-sign Leivo with no cap. They better win this year.

LOL. You mean Josh Leivo and his whopping 925K per. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/josh-leivo

This move was done to free up a roster space. Nothing to do with the cap. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL. You mean Josh Leivo and his whopping 925K per. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/josh-leivo

This move was done to free up a roster space. Nothing to do with the cap. 

Next year dude, next year. They would not have been able to afford to re-sign him with Marner and Matthews taking up mot their space. I did say won't be able to RE-SIGN HIM in my initial post. Did you read it or were you just looking at an opportunity to LOL?

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

...and the chips begin to fall in Toronto.

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-trade-leivo-to-canucks-for-carcone-1.1220043

Weren't going to be able to re-sign Leivo with no cap. They better win this year.

Gee....look there are the words RE and SIGN, meaning give him another contract, when this one at $925k is up, after this season, as in July 1, 2019 and not being able to because Marner and Matthews will take up most of the $23M in cap, meaning they had to deal him away instead of not being able to, here it is again, RE-SIGN him.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 11/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, LeftWinger said:

Jimmy D is Senior VP and Alt. Governor, plus he is VP of The Tigers.  Holland is Executive VP and GM of Red Wings only. He'll step aside as GM and remain VP, then let out of his contract when Seattle expansion is announced. Jimmy D has no reason to go anywhere. He and Yzerman will return this team to glory!

But I have a feeling your question was sarcasm. :lol: 

I was looking into the crystal ball this morning...

I don't know...I really don't see Kenny taking the Seattle job.  Jimmy D is 75 years old and has a lot of other things to keep him busy (Tigers, Saginaw Spirit, getting out of bed safely, etc.).  I see Jimmy D retiring from the Wings (or at least reducing his role in the organization) and Kenny moving into Jimmy's role.  Of course, Stevie becoming the GM.

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Next year dude, next year. They would not have been able to afford to re-sign him with Marner and Matthews taking up mot their space. I did say won't be able to RE-SIGN HIM in my initial post. Did you read it or were you just looking at an opportunity to LOL?

Gee....look there are the words RE and SIGN, meaning give him another contract, when this one at $925k is up, after this season, as in July 1, 2019 and not being able to because Marner and Matthews will take up most of the $23M in cap, meaning they had to deal him away instead of not being able to, here it is again, RE-SIGN him.

Ahhhh. So you think Leivo was getting a big raise next year then? 

Leivo has 4 goals and 6 points this year, I really don't think he would require much of a raise. I dont believe this move has anything to do with cap. The only cap casualties for Toronto will likely be Hainsley & Gardinar, and MAYBE Marleau if they need to buy him out.

Leivo would have certainly taken a team friendly deal since the team knew Zetterberg was retiring.

Normally, I think the sauce being thrown at you is overdone Lefty, but in this particular case, I think you have to admit that the Leivo trade really had very little to do with cap implications, if at all.

16 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lefty, come on dude.  You got pwned on this one.  No biggie.

Nope. Read my original post. It has nothing to do with his $925k. That salary will not be there next season, he's an RFA and would get a raise. Trading him and acquiring a prospect on a 3 year ELC takes re-signing Leivo out of the equation, thus leaving more money on the table for others. Nowhere did I say they had to clear cap for THIS season. So, go pwn that. If he would've just read the post, there would have been no question as to what I meant. I said RE-SIGN not clear cap now. Everyone fit under the cap this season. They may have needed a roster spot, but they had a few guys that they could've sent down that didn't have to clear waivers. They traded him because they needed a roster spot and needed the money for next season. He was a victim of the market. He's a great prospect and will get top 6 minutes in Vancouver, plus hell get about $3M a year after thus ELC expires in July. Toronto would not have been able to give him that with the cap crunch they'll have in the summer so they got something for him. He was collateral damage.

I love how people think that the users on here are just a bunch of fanboys who don't know anything about the sport except shoot, pass, score. Enough of us have been around long enough to understand a lot of the business workings of the NHL as well. Obviously we aren't in the business (or are we? :) ) and do not know all the inner workings, but its not beyond reality to understand that some of us understand more about the game from many standpoints, than just shoot, pass, score, raise cup. I truly believe that if given the opportunity, some users on here could actually do the job, and do it better, that numerous former players and coaches, management do now. Some of the brightest hockey (or sports in general) minds have not even been discovered. Most just lack the formal "education" or "background" that teams usually require.