• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The realist/pessimist in me feels like we're gonna have to make a big trade if we want a stud defenseman sometime soon. With Devellano talking about the possibility of making a big move or two in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised if AA or Mantha gets moved. Not sure either player's trade value is especially high right now, but I think maybe one of them plus a sweetener or two could put us in the conversation for a guy like Parayko. Then again, Is Parayko a true stud defenseman? Is he worth it? *shrug*

Assuming Holland is still in charge, I don't see any "big moves" being made, despite what Devellano says. Maybe if Yzerman (or another GM) steps in, I could see one of Mantha or Athanasiou being moved, but until that happens, I just don't see it...

I like Parayko, but he wouldn't be my first choice. A couple years ago he looked like a surefire top pairing defenseman. Now, I'm not so sure. He'd still probably be one of our best defensemen, and may compliment Cholowski quite well, but that would still be a below average top pairing. Is it worth giving up Mantha / Athanasiou, plus? Maybe, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger at this point.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Assuming Holland is still in charge, I don't see any "big moves" being made, despite what Devellano says. Maybe if Yzerman (or another GM) steps in, I could see one of Mantha or Athanasiou being moved, but until that happens, I just don't see it...

I think Holland can adapt to new circumstances. He's shown he can make smart moves as a trade deadline seller, so I've no reason to think he couldn't and wouldn't make a big "hockey trade" or two in the near future, when the time is right. I've wanted him to make a big hockey trade for years now, but I get why he hasn't done it. Now that we're stockpiling young talent, I'm assuming we're approaching a point where we have a good number of attractive trade pieces, possibly making a guy like AA or Mantha expendable.

As for Parayko...I'm inclined to agree with you. But, I mean, the hypothetical pool of desirable targets isn't limited to just Parayko.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What did you do with Kickazz? 

Finds out I voted for Trump
Run: racism_accuse.exe
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's super ineffective

He still PM's some group messages I'm in.
But work is suddenly so busy he can't possibly post on the main board anymore...

It's a shame really. We were good friends on this board for a long time and I miss that. But the moment he figured out I'm a conservative he sperged out and then just closed shop and left when he realized that calling me a bigot wasn't gonna shame me into voting for Hillary Clinton.

I consider this place like a neighborhood bar. We're all gonna say wild s*** and people are gonna get heated at times, but at the end were all here to kick back and shoot the s*** about something we all have a shared fondness for. If you're black, white, brown, purple, liberal, American, Canadian, Mexican, Euro, conservative, nazi, or communist, I could give less of a s*** at the end of the day. You're all pathetic dweebs on the other side of my computer screen to me.

Not Leafs fans thou, they're f***ed in the head and they can get the f*** out

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's super ineffective

But work is suddenly so busy he can't possibly post on the main board anymore...

It's a shame really. We were good friends on this board for a long time and I miss that. But the moment he figured out I'm a conservative he sperged out and then just closed shop and left when he realized that calling me a bigot wasn't gonna shame me into voting for Hillary Clinton.

I consider this place like a neighborhood bar. We're all gonna say wild s*** and people are gonna get heated at times, but at the end were all here to kick back and shoot the s*** about something we all have a shared fondness for. If you're black, white, brown, purple, liberal, American, Canadian, Mexican, Euro, conservative, nazi, or communist, I could give less of a s*** at the end of the day. You're all pathetic dweebs on the other side of my computer screen to me.

Not Leafs fans thou, they're f***ed in the head and they can get the f*** out

We love you too

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's super ineffective

Not Leafs fans thou, they're f***ed in the head and they can get the f*** out add in Blackhawk and Pens fans and this is sooo right on!!

Added a bit to the bolded

I like this bar although I don't jump into a lot of the conversations.  I am the old dude at the bar yelling for the bartender to turn up the TV so I can hear the news. But listening to all the conversations going on around me and occasionally chiming in before returning to my beer.  

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

What kind of sorcery is this? I thought it was either N or W HL for the kid? 

It's a loophole.  He can be sent down to the AHL so long as it's a conditioning assignment, which is limited to 14 days. He would be ineligible to play for GR for the season, as he still has a year of Junior eligibility. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It would appear that both Filip Zadina and Michael Rasmussen had 1 goal each on this fine-ass evening.

U guys all mad at each other? Hellooooo?

pretty sure Rasmussen had 2, and Zadina assisted on both (one being an empty netter). I didn't watch so not 100% sure on that though. 

edit: only partly correct, Zadina only assisted on the empty netter I think. 3rd man in on the first one. 

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

5 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

pretty sure Rasmussen had 2, and Zadina assisted on both (one being an empty netter). I didn't watch so not 100% sure on that though. 

Yeah. You are correct. ahl.com just gave the last goal to Rasmussen.  It was originally credited to Zadina. Either way, if I was allowed to post images it would be one that contained many several pairs o' sunglasses. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans