• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

6/22 GDT - 2018 Entry Draft

Rate this topic

I think Buffalo takes Serron Noel.  That leaves us Bode Wilde at 32 and then Sammuelsson at 36 and if he is gone McIsaac. Big winners are the Islanders and us.  Losers are the Flyers and Rangers even though they got Miller.  This is the best I've felt about a Wing draft ever.

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

But like Bertuzzi and Svech might not bad that good.

Well, now we arguably have enough forward depth in our system that we can move a Bertuzzi and/or a Svechnikov without worrying that it's going to leave a gaping hole or two on the organizational depth chart.

3 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Didn’t read much on Veleno cuz I didn’t think we had a shot at the guys in the teens. He fell a lot but the guys made it sound like he was mediocre at best. Is there something there? 

Veleno turns into an absolute stud in chel. That being said I don’t know anything about him other than he was projected mid 1st round

I'm just baffled that we went into tonight with 2 first round picks, and a desperate need for defense, in a draft that had a lot of high potential Dmen in it, and we walked out with 2 forwards, and everyone seems to be happy with the results. It's like I've traveled to a parallel universe, where LGW's is full of happy, content people. All I have to say is, Keep up the good work, Kenny.

Just now, BigWillieStyle said:

I'm just baffled that we went into tonight with 2 first round picks, and a desperate need for defense, in a draft that had a lot of high potential Dmen in it, and we walked out with 2 forwards, and everyone seems to be happy with the results. It's like I've traveled to a parallel universe, where LGW's is full of happy, content people. All I have to say is, Keep up the good work, Kenny.

Kenny went BPA for both picks, that's why I'm happy. Pick the best guy available and worry about needs later, that's how I felt going into today.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

ken-holland-addresses-media-8e6baf0f81e8

5 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

This is the one day a year we are happy lately. Rejoice brothers, for tmrw begins the petty banter!

7 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

They were obviously high on Veleno and felt he wouldn’t be there 33rd. There are still several good defensmen that we can draft 33 or 36 or both. Likely we still get all of our guys. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Kenny went BPA for both picks, that's why I'm happy. Pick the best guy available and worry about needs later, that's how I felt going into today.

I agree. Thanks to other GM's reaching, or trying to fill needs, Kenny was really left with just making the right decision for once, instead of being that GM that went reaching for that player. And let's face it, defense isn't our only need, just our most apparent one. Let's hope he and his crew can keep it up tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

i prefer mine...

Let's be real: that's him right now, in his heckin' huge Dalls hotel suite, with a buncha heckin' hot MILFs, and they're all drinkin' ginger ales and playin' Twister and pillow-fighting and talkin' about how cute Leo DiCaprio was and how he should've stayed with Gisele.

What a pimp.

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Let's be real: that's him right now, in his heckin' huge Dalls hotel suite, with a buncha heckin' hot MILFs, and they're all drinkin' ginger ales and playin' Twister and pillow-fighting and talkin' about how cute Leo DiCaprio was and how he should've stayed with Gisele.

What a pimp.

livin' da life! KH Row Model

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Guys, we got Filip Zadina AND Joe Veleno wtf

KH showin' who's da baws

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Right about now the munchies must be kicking in...Did ya order that pizza yet?

lol, you have to give me the do's and dont's of Sconnie cuisine for my next trip.

Edited by NerveDamage

So many great D have been drafted in the 2nd round or later. It's been a while since the Wings drafted a really good Dman, but it appears the 2nd round is still loaded with solid D left on the table. We just happen to have 2 early picks going into round 2. If even one of 2 D we go after in round two turn out, this draft could catapult our rebuild years ahead. Meanwhile we still have another 3 picks in round 3, I think. With the next 5 picks, go all out on D. It's not out of reach to hope one could be the next Klingberg, pick 131.