• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

6/22 GDT - 2018 Entry Draft

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This has got to be a ***** joke that Holland is playing on the world.  There is a 1 in a bazillion chance that every player for 300 straight draft picks chosen could be left handed.   

An octodecillion, apparently.

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This has got to be a ***** joke that Holland is playing on the world.  There is a 1 in a bazillion chance that every player for 300 straight draft picks chosen could be left handed.   

I am Ken Holland.

The trolls troll

Edited by kickazz

One could look at Zadina falling into Holland's lap and say it was a no brainer pick. But at the same time, I give Holland a lot of credit for it. Think about it, Zadina was arguably the 3rd best player in the draft. It would have been tempting for Holland to trade up to 3rd (giving up assets in the process) to draft him not knowing what MTL, AZ, or OTT were going to do. Instead, he stood pat and patiently waited to see how things would go. That is the mark of veteran GM who is cool under pressure. A less experienced GM might have panicked and traded up. Same with Veleno. He was ranked 14th. Once he fell into the 20's, it would have been easy to get anxious and trade up to get him (I probably would have). Again, Holland was confident in running the team's draft and he waited. Zadina and Veleno "fell into his lap" because Holland was calm, cool, and collected, and didn't overreact like some other GM's might have done. What some of you see as "no brainers" I see as reaping the benefits of good management and drafting.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

One could look at Zadina falling into Holland's lap and say it was a no brainer pick. But at the same time, I give Holland a lot of credit for it. Think about it, Zadina was arguably the 3rd best player in the draft. It would have been tempting for Holland to trade up to 3rd (giving up assets in the process) to draft him not knowing what MTL, AZ, or OTT were going to do. Instead, he stood pat and patiently waited to see how things would go. That is the mark of veteran GM who is cool under pressure. A less experienced GM might have panicked and traded up. Same with Veleno. He was ranked 14th on Button's list. Once he fell into the 20's, it would have been easy to get anxious and trade up to get him (I probably would have). Again, Holland was confident in running the team's draft and he waited. Zadina and Veleno "fell into his lap" because Holland was calm, cool, and collected, and didn't overreact like some other GM's might have done. What some of you see as "no brainers" I see as reaping the benefits of good management and drafting.

You say this like Holland planned and knew they would fall. He's not that smart. He was taking D all the way and up until Zadina was there, he was still taking Hughes. He had zero clue on what he was doing come #30, Valeno fell into his lap. You see how he screwed up once he had choices to make. Keep giving him credit when he deserves none.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You say this like Holland planned and knew they would fall. He's not that smart. He was taking D all the way and up until Zadina was there, he was still taking Hughes. He had zero clue on what he was doing come #30, Valeno fell into his lap. You see how he screwed up once he had choices to make. Keep giving him credit when he deserves none.

I thought you were leaving?

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Who the f*** is Berggggggren? Pass on Noel?

He was ranked 32nd on Button's list. Holland drafted him at #33. What's the problem? He also drafted McIsaac at #36. He was ranked 26th on Button's list. It's not like Holland went off the board here, or even reached at all. It was a good draft thru the first 4 picks. Why can't we just be excited that we just drafted 4 players that probably would have all been first rounders in other draft years?

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

ou see how he screwed up once he had choices to make. 

Non quod erat demonstrandum.

Show me that Noel or Wilde will definitively be better picks than Berggren/McIsaac. 

Edited by Prolix

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

But that's the problem. Holland passes on Zadina or Veleno or Noel or Wilde and he's an idiot. He drafts them, and it was a "no brainer" , they fell into his lap. No matter what the man does, some of you will never give him credit and find a way to criticize him for everything because the confirmation bias is out of control.

Holland reaches down = he doesn't know what he's doing

Holland reaches up = It fell into his lap

The man simply cannot win. It's truly an amazing complex/paradox that Leftwinger has built. You can't find mental instability this good just anywhere, only at LGW.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Need #2 = Right Handed #2 Dman. At pick 6 and Zadina on the board, this is Holland's first fail.  He should have traded this pick to Edmonton for Lucic and #10.  Then drafted one of Bouchard or Dobson.

This is a bad take

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This is a bad take

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's always a bad take with him

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This is a good take

Outdated trolling by Jonas. But damn he spent a good amount of time writing that post.