• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Wings Get Filip Zadina! (HYPE! Thread)

Rate this topic

This is the first time in a while, few years, I've been super happy with the Red Wings. I would been okay with Hughes or any number of the great D most knew when be around with #6 pick, but didn't honestly think Zadina a player that could be a top 3 pick would slip to us.

Top if off with Dan Bylsma as our new AC and 10 more picks in this draft. It's been a pretty great day to be a Red Wing fan. 

Anyone notice how fast Holland and co were ready to make that pick also?

Edited by xault

I feel like it's gonna be hard for me to call Zadina, Z anytime soon. Z will always be Zetterberg too me. I doubt as long as Zetterberg is still playing I'll ever call Zadina, Z. Maybe after Z gone. Happy to have Zadina, but he's gonna have to earn the nickname Z for me.

Holy Z's batman.

Maybe I am just weird and alone on this one.

21 minutes ago, xault said:

I feel like it's gonna be hard for me to call Zadina, Z anytime soon. Z will always be Zetterberg too me. I doubt as long as Zetterberg is still playing I'll ever call Zadina, Z. Maybe after Z gone. Happy to have Zadina, but he's gonna have to earn the nickname Z for me.

Holy Z's batman.

Maybe I am just weird and alone on this one.

They wont call him Z.

But I am interested to know what his nickname will be because whatever they call him is what will stick for the rest of his career probably. 

Yzerman coined Franzen's nickname "Mule" and that stuck forever.

I've heard Zetterberg called Mantha "Moe" and that's what his nickname is officially listed as on NHL lol.

Edited by kickazz

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I suddenly feel really good about our future forward depth.  Holy s*** this looks pretty.

Zadina-Larkin-Mantha

AA-Ras-Bert

Svech-Veleno-Berrgren

Smith-Turgeon-???

12 left-handed forwards...

I know you don't put much stock into handedness, but holy s*** man, we need some balance up front. I don't think it makes a huge difference at 5-on-5, but our power-play will suffer. We need at least one Zadina / Mantha level right-handed sniper to add to that top six / power-play units.

Other than that, I agree. Great looking forward corp.