• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Wings Get Filip Zadina! (HYPE! Thread)

Rate this topic

Translated Zadina Interview

And How’s the study going?

“I’m trying to do the correspondence class, but it’s pretty hard. I don’t have strength to study during the season. I do have some time but I’m lacking mental strength to do it. But I’m doing my best and I hope I can finish the third grade to keep going. It’s gonna be much of the same after next season as well. A lot of catching up to do every summer.”

What kind of school do you study?

“Sports management in Kladno. They understand that I play hockey overseas and they’re really nice to me.”

Future GM Filip Zadina. Just has to get his grade 3.

You were selected by Detroit. How many times since then Have you heard about young players having a rough go in the Red Wings organisation? It’s said It takes a long time to crack the first team’s lineup.

“I have heard about it a couple of times to be honest. But It’s always up to the player himself. If He’s not that good, He is sent to Grand Rapids to get some playing time. A player needs to get his money’s worth to get to the NHL. However, I think when you’re drafted this high, the team’s trying to help you as much as possible. It’s not like they send you down just for the sake of it. I do believe the team is willing to help me a lot. It’s only up to me. They wouldn’t have the reason to send me down If I play well you know. If you’ve got what it takes, you play, If not, you’re going down to put even more work in.”

Detroit hasn’t drafted this high for 28 years. Could that also be a factor?

“Yes It could. They’ve always had a great team, but missed the Playoffs the last couple of years. That is actually good for me as I can show them I’ve got what it takes to help the team get back into contention.”

In June, You attended the youth camp in Traverse city. The team representatives were thrilled by your performance. How do you reflect on that?

“I was ready for the camp and went there well prepared. All the tests went OK. I didn’t lag behind in anything. My teammates were good as well. The were really nice to each other. There is a rivalry in there, no doubt, but the guys usually keep it clean. When they see someone is better than them, they try to get on his level. There is not a bad blood between young players fighting for spots, unlike in Czech Republic. I guess It’s just a different mentality in the US.”

Did you already develop chemistry with someone ?

“I played with Michael Rasmussen. He was drafted last year, I think 9th overall. He’s a net-front type of player. A tall, strong and hungry centreman. I wouldn’t mind playing with him in the future at all. But I don’t know what the coaches are thinking.”

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Translated Zadina Interview

Future GM Filip Zadina. Just has to get his grade 3.

You were selected by Detroit. How many times since then Have you heard about young players having a rough go in the Red Wings organisation? It’s said It takes a long time to crack the first team’s lineup.

“I have heard about it a couple of times to be honest. But It’s always up to the player himself. If He’s not that good, He is sent to Grand Rapids to get some playing time. A player needs to get his money’s worth to get to the NHL. However, I think when you’re drafted this high, the team’s trying to help you as much as possible. It’s not like they send you down just for the sake of it. I do believe the team is willing to help me a lot. It’s only up to me. They wouldn’t have the reason to send me down If I play well you know. If you’ve got what it takes, you play, If not, you’re going down to put even more work in.”

READ UP LGW

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Screenshot_20180807-183248_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f9e746074840ea7dcc392761f660e4ef.jpg

In other words, he is lethal from anywhere between the blue line and the goal line.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

“I played with Michael Rasmussen. He was drafted last year, I think 9th overall. He’s a net-front type of player. A tall, strong and hungry centreman. I wouldn’t mind playing with him in the future at all. But I don’t know what the coaches are thinking.

Well there you have it.

Zadina - Larkin - Rasmussen

Why not?

Larkin setting him up, Rasmussen screening in front looking for the tip in, Zadina putting it home from the circle(s)

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

Zadina-Hughes-Rasmussen

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Svechnikov-Veleno-Anthanisou

This.

Without Jack Hughes, I'm (cautiously) optimistic about the future of our forward group.

With Jack Hughes, our group of young forwards is comparable to Toronto's and Winnipeg's.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

This.

Without Jack Hughes, I'm (cautiously) optimistic about the future of our forward group.

With Jack Hughes, our group of young forwards is comparable to Toronto's and Winnipeg's.

Absolutely. Such a great mix of speed, size and skill. Checks all the boxes at forward

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

This.

6 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Absolutely. Such a great mix of speed, size and skill. Checks all the boxes at forward

Unfortunately our D will still be a mess, and there doesn't appear to be any elite defensemen in next year's draft (yet) either...

Hughes is the clear cut number one, but Dylan Cozens would be a great consolation prize. Maybe a defenseman emerges in the next year, but right now it looks like they're the top two guys.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Unfortunately our D will still be a mess, and there doesn't appear to be any elite defensemen in next year's draft (yet) either...

I think getting Hughes would probably lead Holland to make a bold move or two to address the defense. Maybe Hughes is enough to convince Karlsson to come aboard...

21 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think getting Hughes would probably lead Holland to make a bold move or two to address the defense. Maybe Hughes is enough to convince Karlsson to come aboard...

I love that we've abandoned the Troubas, Bogosians, Edlers, and Faulks of the world. This is the sign of a successful rebuild no?

Through the first 7 games of the season I have to admit I was happy with the way he was playing. Even if he only had 1 goal and 3 assists in that time. His stick looked much faster. He looked shiftier and more dangerous out there. He had some really nice steals and was threading the needle on those assists he had.

But lo and behold, that was short lived, and old Zadina is back. No points for the next seven games. Looks completely lost out there. Tentative play. Blowing defensive assignments and zone entries. Botching odd man breaks. Whiffing on shots.

I so badly wanted this to be the season where I shut my yap about how overrated this kid is. Where he finally shows he's a creator, driver, and complete hockey player for this team. He's just not. He's a one-dimensional trigger man who would be better served on a more complete team, where he can feast like Hudler did in Calgary.

Disappoint

41 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Through the first 7 games of the season I have to admit I was happy with the way he was playing. Even if he only had 1 goal and 3 assists in that time. His stick looked much faster. He looked shiftier and more dangerous out there. He had some really nice steals and was threading the needle on those assists he had.

But lo and behold, that was short lived, and old Zadina is back. No points for the next seven games. Looks completely lost out there. Tentative play. Blowing defensive assignments and zone entries. Botching odd man breaks. Whiffing on shots.

I so badly wanted this to be the season where I shut my yap about how overrated this kid is. Where he finally shows he's a creator, driver, and complete hockey player for this team. He's just not. He's a one-dimensional trigger man who would be better served on a more complete team, where he can feast like Hudler did in Calgary.

Disappoint

#BustyColdZadina

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

Disappoint

He has one of the best +/- on the team. If he's not scoring, then he must be playing some good defense.