• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

6/23 GDT - 2018 Entry Draft (Rounds 2-7)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, amato said:

Bode Wilde at 33 please.

Hoping for Serron Noel or Jared McIsaac at 36, i think. 

Maybe trade up into the late second for Jett Woo or Benoit-Olivier Groulx.

:P 

I like where your head's at, my dude. The HYPE! is strong with you.

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Bode Wilde at 33 please.

Hoping for Serron Noel or Jared McIsaac at 36, i think. 

Maybe trade up into the late second for Jett Woo or Benoit-Olivier Groulx.

:P 

I agree on Wilde at 33, and McIsaac, Noel or Thomas at 36. I'm not that high on Woo, and don't know much about Groulx...

Kind of happy Samuelsson is gone. Go Wilde Kenny!

Yeah, I'm good with these picks. Probably not the way I would've gone, but, if nothing else, I'm all about our depth at forward right now. Berggren is a potential steal and a half.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Islanders continue adding great talent.

Wahlstrom, Dobson and Wilde.

But they're all right-handed.

Jonatan Berggren is a very interesting prospect and one who several feel could be one of the underrated “steals” of the draft. He is a good skater with a very good feel for the game but it is his playmaking that will get him to the NHL. He has displays excellent vision on the ice and an almost uncanny ability to get the puck right where it needs to go. He has soft hands and quick wrists that allow him to receive the puck and get it off his stick very quickly. To go along with his hands he uses his edges well, affording him to move and change direction quickly and open up the space needed to make plays.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/6/22/17491806/2018-draft-profile-jonatan-berggren

from the early sounds of it, Berggren could end up being a big steal.

Seems there were some off-ice concerns about Wilde. Possibly something about how he handled committing to/de-committing from college programs...?

Wings have said they're emphasizing the importance of (perceived) character in their drafting, so I'm fine with not taking any chances on that front.

https://dobberprospects.com/cam-robinsons-2018-nhl-draft-rankings-top-115-april-2018/

Jonatan Berggren / RW/C / 5’10 183lbs / 07-16-00 (SuperElit)

An absolute wrecking ball of a player who has been posting tremendous numbers in the J20 circuit. Logs miles of ice as he forechecks with impunity, distributes the puck and knows how to finish as well. Terrific international performances at the Hlinka, Five Nations and U18’s offer scouts a glimpse of his skill on some big stages and he’s even looked capable in a 10 game stint in the SHL. Some of the best one-on-one skills in the class. A player his coaches love and his opponents hate.

YES PLZ

Edited by Dabura

Our cupboard sure is stocked in forwards now. Hopefully we go D,D,Goalie in the 3rd. And there is always next year for those freaking out about defense. You aren’t going to rebuild an entire team with one draft. Even with 11 picks. We took draft steals and I think we maximized the picks we had so far. Yes 2 defenseman would have been nice so far but I really like Mcisaac 

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke