• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

6/23 GDT - 2018 Entry Draft (Rounds 2-7)

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

They won the draft. New GM obviously knows what he's doing. Unlike Holland.

So let me get this right. Wahlstrom and Dobson and Wilde fall into Lou's lap, he drafts them, and he's a genius. Zadina and Veleno fall into Holland's lap. he drafts them, and it's a "no brainer". 

Image result for am i doing it right gif
1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When Kotkaniemi gets selected by Montreal and he's coming down the stairs from his seats, there's a woman in a white dress sitting on the stairs. You can see her cooch.

I totally missed that. When is the rebroadcast? Need to see Bouchard's MILF again too.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So let me get this right. Wahlstrom and Dobson and Wilde fall into Lou's lap, he drafts them, and he's a genius. Zadina and Veleno fall into Holland's lap. he drafts them, and it's a "no brainer". 

A drunk chimpanzee could have drafted Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Wilde. This draft PROVES Lou has completely lost his touch.

Worst

Islanders

Draft

Ever

Seriously though Lefty, and I say this with deep respect, you don't need this in your life right now. Maybe take a step back from the computer and collect yourself. This forum isn't going anywhere. Normalcy can be therapeutic, but this can't be healthy. This is my first draft in here, so maybe this happens every year. But I have to be honest, I am concerned for your well being. I wish you peace and I truly hope things get better for you.

Oh yeah, take it from me, Lexapro works wonders!

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

:lol:

Did my eyes deceive me, or did Claude Lemieux hug Jonatan Berggren ?

Great. Now the kids ruined.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When Kotkaniemi gets selected by Montreal and he's coming down the stairs from his seats, there's a woman in a white dress sitting on the stairs. You can see her cooch.

Here's the video link. Freeze at the 1:07 mark for the hoohaa shot.

I examined this video like Kevin Costner examined the Zapruter film in JFK. 

Image result for back and to the left meme jfk

"Back...and to the left..."

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A drunk chimpanzee could have drafted Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Wilde. This draft PROVES Lou has completely lost his touch.

Worst

Islanders

Draft

Ever

I mean seriously, Wahlstrom was literally the best F left on the board at 11 and Dobson was the only D left of the group rated right below Dahlin at 12. I mean, talk about "no brainer". Then Lou did it again with Bode Wilde. At least Holland's picks in the 2nd round were based on scouting and interviews for crying out loud and not just BPA. Don't get me wrong, I would have taken exactly the same players that Lamoriello did, but that's kinda my point. I am not an NHL GM, so I wouldn't know any better. Lou literally could have made those picks without the combine, a scouting department, or n interview process. It's like he went solely by Craig Button's list without using any other resource.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My brother-in-law was livid. He wanted Zadina so bad. I was stoked to see him fall to the Wings.

Same, I'm actually still in disbelief. I know nothing's ever sure fire when it comes to prospects, but it's exciting to think we may have a top end scorer on our hands. I was pleasantly surprised with his attitude, too.

12 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Same, I'm actually still in disbelief. I know nothing's ever sure fire when it comes to prospects, but it's exciting to think we may have a top end scorer on our hands. I was pleasantly surprised with his attitude, too.

I'm with you, retarded looking Goku. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Some Habs fans not happy about the pick LOL.

Image result for canadiens fans react to kotkaniemi
DgVaoCDW0AE7xsZ.jpg

DgVaqsoXUAAEYEB.jpg

I'm thinking these 3 pictures tell the story of the woman sitting on the steps. The first one shows the shocked look of the woman when she saw her lady parts on display. The second one shows her husband praying that his irate wife doesn't realize that he saw those lady parts 10 minutes earlier, and had been pretending to just be spacing out while completely gawking at Ms. lady parts. And the third one is another fan demanding they show the instant replay, in slow motion, on the Jumbotron.

33 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Maybe he an explain us finishing in the bottom 5.

I'm pretty sure any hockey fan can explain this to you Jonas... You don't need to be a scout or have any insider knowledge to understand that this team is rebuilding. And when a team rebuilds (properly), they should be a bottom 5-10 team for a few years. Common sense...

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Maybe you can explain why we are rebuilding.

Because it's the natural cycle of every team in a league with a salary cap. We were a perennial playoff / Stanley Cup contender for over two decades. Because of that we never had an opportunity to draft high enough to get any truly elite talent. We lucked out with some gems, but that's becoming more and more rare in the modern NHL, due to better scouting, covering the entire map, rather than just North America.

I can't believe some fans are so irrational to be upset about a rebuild after decades of success. Especially a fan in his 40's. I could somewhat understand if you were a kid, and success is all you've ever known, but you lived through the "Dead Wings" era. You should have a better understanding and patience with a rebuild.

Holland has done a fantastic job so far, adding picks and building through the draft. It's not going to happen over night, but we're well on our way. This was a huge draft for us. We're pretty much set up front (other than adding some right-handed snipers). We have a lot of high end goalie prospects. We just need to add some high end defensive prospects. We didn't do that in this draft, which is kind of disappointing, but Holland absolutely made the right picks. The only thing I can think of that Holland could have done in this draft that he didn't do, is trade up into the top 10 when Bouchard slipped. I also think Holland likely tried to do that though, but the price was too high. Which is fine. Coming out of this draft with four 1st round ranked prospects is HUGE! 

This rebuild isn't over yet, so those that don't understand the process, it's going to be a long torturous few years. I'm actually enjoying the rebuilding phase more than I ever thought I would. It's fun to see the influx of young, skilled players coming through the draft, rather than signing / trading for old sloppy seconds from other teams...

30 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I agree with almost all of what u are saying.   I don't like Ken Holland because he SUCKS at contracts.  You don't need to "lure" players like we currently have with NTCs and NMCs.  Especially if you are giving them FMV and term.  If we are rebuilding, the vets need to be removed.  Holland seems intent on not letting that happen naturally.  Re-signing Abdelkader is a clear indication that Holland is a complete moron.  You have his replacement in Bertuzzi clearly established by that time.  And now we have Bert getting top 6 minutes for bottom 6 pay and Abdelkader getting bottom 6 minutes for top 6 pay.  Same thing with Nielsen.  We draft Larkin to take 2nd line C duties until Z is done.  Then Holland goes and pays a guy 5.25 mil to play 3C.  Nyquist over Svechnikov, Helm over Athanasiou, Glendening over Rasmussen, Daley over Cholowski.  It has to stop now.  Our prospects are getting choked out by this stupidity.  Green, Nyquist, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Daley, and Howard all need to be let go when contracts are up.  Abdelkader, Nielsen, and Helm need to be traded.  Zetterberg and Kronwall need to retire after this season.

Zetterberg can retire whenever he damn well wants to.

Edited by kiwi wingnut

40 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I agree with almost all of what u are saying.   I don't like Ken Holland because he SUCKS at contracts.  You don't need to "lure" players like we currently have with NTCs and NMCs.  Especially if you are giving them FMV and term.  If we are rebuilding, the vets need to be removed.  Holland seems intent on not letting that happen naturally.  Re-signing Abdelkader is a clear indication that Holland is a complete moron.  You have his replacement in Bertuzzi clearly established by that time.  And now we have Bert getting top 6 minutes for bottom 6 pay and Abdelkader getting bottom 6 minutes for top 6 pay.  Same thing with Nielsen.  We draft Larkin to take 2nd line C duties until Z is done.  Then Holland goes and pays a guy 5.25 mil to play 3C.  Nyquist over Svechnikov, Helm over Athanasiou, Glendening over Rasmussen, Daley over Cholowski.  It has to stop now.  Our prospects are getting choked out by this stupidity.  Green, Nyquist, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Daley, and Howard all need to be let go when contracts are up.  Abdelkader, Nielsen, and Helm need to be traded.  Zetterberg and Kronwall need to retire after this season.

I agree that Holland has signed some bad contracts and he should be trying to move some of those contracts now. However, the team was still in win-now mode when those contracts were signed. We can debate all day whether they should have been signed or not (I'd agree that most of them shouldn't have been), but that direction was likely coming from ownership, not the general manager.

Now that we're finally rebuilding, it's time to start getting younger, but that doesn't mean getting rid of every player over the age of 26. Even as a rebuilding team, we need some veteran leadership. To say we should get rid of all of Zetterberg, Nielsen, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser and Howard is asinine. Who's going to lead the kids? Or do you not think leadership is a thing?

1 hour ago, kiwi wingnut said:

Zetterberg can retire whenever he damn well wants to.

Can he retire in the next American election year? So like 2020. I want at least one leader to be liked by the overwhelming majority. 

C8_tg6wXcAAd4s4.jpg

Edited by kickazz

20 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Is there no longer mods monitoring these threads anymore?

Apparently I am in a Will Smith mood today.

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

No. 

It's anarchy. 

Image result for anarchy meme

If the mods come calling, I usually just blame it on CRL. Works every time.