• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Development Camp Rosters

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Hahaha all joking aside. I'm still jacked we managed to get Veleno at 30. I really believe he could be the steal of the draft, even if he wears number 90...

Word.

To me, he's every bit as promising as Larkin and Rasmussen were when we drafted them.

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Hahaha all joking aside. I'm still jacked we managed to get Veleno at 30. I really believe he could be the steal of the draft, even if he wears number 90...

We didn't get Liam Kirk though

hoping gogolev  plays well ,would be a free asset and could have upside , think hes a newly 18yr old as well 

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/sports-story/8694929-spurned-peterborough-petes-forward-pavel-gogolev-to-attend-detroit-red-wings-development-camp/

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Can we start one of those online petitions for him to change his number? Maybe the wings media acknowledges our existence if it takes off

I am 100% down for this and will post it all over the Red Wings Facebook, instagram page if someone gets this started. 

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

I tell ya, trying to draft Zadina, Veleno and McIsaac in NHL 18 is kind of a pain.  Zadina and Veleno are both top 5 picks, while McIsaac is a top 10-15 pick.

Trade Nyqusit + 3rd to FLA for a 1st. 3 1st round picks, worked for me :P

That red vs white game is the first time of many that we’ll hear Rasmussen to Zadina goal calls. :yahoo:

Ras, Zadina, Veleno, and Smith all looked great in the second half of that game. That’s all I was able to catch, but I liked what I saw. 

12 hours ago, amato said:

That red vs white game is the first time of many that we’ll hear Rasmussen to Zadina goal calls. :yahoo:

Ras, Zadina, Veleno, and Smith all looked great in the second half of that game. That’s all I was able to catch, but I liked what I saw. 

Yeah, I watched the whole game and Smith is who impressed me the most. He has improved his skating leaps and bounds over the past year. He was all over the ice and had no problem keeping up with Rasmussen and Zadina. Great at creating space for his linemates. Zadina seemed to be trying to do too much himself, which I guess is to be expected with those insanely high expectations on him. He made some great plays, but also got caught trying to go through 2-3 defenders a couple times. Veleno looked great. Rasmussen looked good. I was also very impressed with Berggren. He seems like a very smart player, great skater and passer. Threaded the needle on a couple cross ice passes, through a ton of traffic, right on the tape. Kivenmaki looked good too.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Can we start one of those online petitions for him to change his number? Maybe the wings media acknowledges our existence if it takes off

That didn't work for Commodore wearing #64.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I watched the whole game and Smith is who impressed me the most. He has improved his skating leaps and bounds over the past year. He was all over the ice and had no problem keeping up with Rasmussen and Zadina. Great at creating space for his linemates. Zadina seemed to be trying to do too much himself, which I guess is to be expected with those insanely high expectations on him. He made some great plays, but also got caught trying to go through 2-3 defenders a couple times. Veleno looked great. Rasmussen looked good. I was also very impressed with Berggren. He seems like a very smart player, great skater and passer. Threaded the needle on a couple cross ice passes, through a ton of traffic, right on the tape. Kivenmaki looked good too.

I know Smith is projected to be a middle 6 winger, but I wonder if he wouldn't be a good fit on that line with Rass and Zadina? He could be the "mucker" on that line with Rass as the playmaker and Z2 as the scorer. I don't know that Smith would be out of place.