• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Mike Green Officially Signed *Mod Warning Page 4*

Rate this topic

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

CapFriendly shows it a done deal.

With this signing, we are now at $15Mish in cap space, plus Franzen LTIR of $3.9M for about $19M.

With our need to sign a G, could we still swing a deal for Faulk? I think it would cause cap hell if we did, he makes $4.8M and we'd be probably trading away 1 or 2 players that aren't even impacting our cap at the moment, AA and Svech.  It might put us in a bind to re-sign Mantha, Larkin and bring up Ras along with signing Zadina and Veleno. I fully believe that Ras, Zadina and Veleno should all be on our roster come October.

Anyhow, there are no "terms" provided yet with Green's deal. But all in all, its not a bad one, unless it involves a NMC.

55 minutes ago, TheXym said:

Less cap space than his old hit, but imho the NMC/NTC or lack thereof will make the call for many folks.  We need his offense.  

Pretty much this. I like Green. Can’t imagine there’s a NTC.. MAYBE in year one. But I hope not at all, as I’m sure most would agree with.

28 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Meh. Don’t like it, don’t hate it. The rumoured Bernier deal though, overpayment for a journeyman. $9 million for three years. Why would you even sign him for more than one, two MOST?

Gotta have someone between the pipes for the next 2 years after Howard gets traded. 3 year deal makes sense if he's the stopgap until a prospect is ready to go.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gotta have someone between the pipes for the next 2 years after Howard gets traded. 3 year deal makes sense if he's the stopgap until a prospect is ready to go.

you actually think someone else wants Howard? 

16 minutes ago, amato said:

There were rumors floating around that the islanders had interest. Not sure how much interest though. 

I guess I could only see someone wanting/needing Howard if their starting goalie got injured and didn't have a decent back up or something. 

9 minutes ago, kylee said:

I guess I could only see someone wanting/needing Howard if their starting goalie got injured and didn't have a decent back up or something. 

Right. I’m not saying he’s amazing or anything but Howard is a serviceable enough starter. He’s definitely kept us in some games that we had no business being in at times. 

37 minutes ago, amato said:

Right. I’m not saying he’s amazing or anything but Howard is a serviceable enough starter. He’s definitely kept us in some games that we had no business being in at times. 

I'm hoping their is Howard's last season with us. He's too injury prone. A little off topic but since we're probably going to sign Filppula, i stumbled across a video of our 23 game home win streak (11-12 season) and it's a damn shame the Preds knocked us out. I really thought that squad had a chance to go far, and incidentally, that was the last season Filppula was good lol. 

2 hours ago, kylee said:

you actually think someone else wants Howard? 

Yes. He doesn't have spectacular numbers (career GAA 2.49/.915 save percentage), but even "average" goalies will get you a good return. And his injury history is overblown. In his last nine seasons, he has played over 50 games all but 3 times. I would not be surprised to get a 2nd round pick for him.

1 hour ago, kylee said:

I'm hoping their is Howard's last season with us. He's too injury prone. A little off topic but since we're probably going to sign Filppula, i stumbled across a video of our 23 game home win streak (11-12 season) and it's a damn shame the Preds knocked us out. I really thought that squad had a chance to go far, and incidentally, that was the last season Filppula was good lol. 

Yeah, I don’t know what to think about a potential Filppula signing.. makes me nervous about Zetterberg’s back. 

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Bernier is good as a stopgap if he'll be splitting games with someone. At $3 million for 3 though it could be worse I guess. Isles have Griess locked up at $3.3 for 3 starting this season.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I disagree.

Almost every game I watched I saw Daley making defensive plays covering for his moron partner's screw ups.  Green, not so much.  Take away the PP points, Green had 4 more points than Daley with more o-zone starts.  Daley was better.