• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Vanek Signs 1yr. $3M

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

That's going to depend on how well he plays this year. What did Tatar bring us last year to be a healthy scratch?

Its different though. Vanek on an expiring contract 2 years ago after playing great only brought us a 3rd. He wont come close to the type of return Tatar brought in.

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

Its different though. Vanek on an expiring contract 2 years ago after playing great only brought us a 3rd. He wont come close to the type of return Tatar brought in.

If we can get another 3rd out of him, and he can put up a 40 pt season, it's probably a decent pickup. If not, we can still get something out of him, and $3 million isn't going to kill us.

6 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

If we can get another 3rd out of him, and he can put up a 40 pt season, it's probably a decent pickup. If not, we can still get something out of him, and $3 million isn't going to kill us.

Agreed that it wont hurt us. I dont think I would have signed him, but I'm not mad about it. I just don't think the return will be that big if we trade him. Hopefully I can be proved wrong. 

12 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

We can sign the next Zadina with that 3rd rounder.

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, mackel said:

He got a full no trade with the contract so he's probably not getting flipped at the deadline.

If he’s healthy I don’t see him not being traded. The NTC is just to give him some leverage on where he goes. I don’t think he’d reject everything presented to him. 

1 hour ago, dmbongreyst said:

If he’s healthy I don’t see him not being traded. The NTC is just to give him some leverage on where he goes. I don’t think he’d reject everything presented to him. 

Discussion on Sportsnet alluded to Vanek wanting surety and not needing to worry about moving at the deadline.

9 minutes ago, mackel said:

Discussion on Sportsnet alluded to Vanek wanting surety and not needing to worry about moving at the deadline.

It's 1 year, I can live with it. He's still a productive player, I was a big fan of his last time he was with us. I'll only be upset if It's obvious that he's a direct reason a young'un doesn't make the team, but I'll reserve my frustration for then. 

I also appreciate players that seem like they really want to be here and aren't just giving me lip service. Like with Green, It's been reported for a while now that he enjoys it here and playing for the Wings. I feel the same about Vanek, though obviously that's just me.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If he stays healthy, gets utilized correctly (I'm looking at you Blashill) he may get 25-30 goals. Besides, he had very good chemistry with Nielsen and Helm.

If not being able trade him this TDL means we flip (possibly)Howard and Nyquist, I'm good with that. 

AA looked a lot better with Vanek in the lineup too iirc.