• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SwedeLundin77

Andreas Athanasiou Officially Signed 2 yrs. $3M AAV

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So, if he's not traded, I don't want to see any of these haters cheering for him when he lights the lamp. You've made your beds.

This is so ridiculous lol ill be cheering for AA after every glorious breakaway, sorry.

11 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Im not really sure why you quoted both of those posts, they say the same thing in both.  That I didn't explain myself enough BUT I still believe in my first thought that AA can be a game changer.  You're very much taking my words and conjuring up your own little fun park with them, hopefully its been fun for you. 

Relax. Bups claimed I was strawmanning, you admitted to misrepresenting your own argument moments later. I was pointing that out.

Ill go enjoy my fun park now

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

AA will score zero goals this season and will finish -497. Bank on it. He is quite possibly the worst player in the history of the National Hockey League.

I love AA. Its a shame the overvaluing by certain individuals is leading said certain individuals to think i and others dislike him. Would love to see him contribute more on the defensive side of the puck, work better in our O zone system, and grow as a player next year. Hes not there yet thou.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

AA has officially reached Mrazek status lol the stage is set

I look forward to this coming season bois

He hasn’t actually. People are comparing him to Nyquist who isn’t really even that good. 

Mrazek was coined a Vezina candidate for years. Aka being compared to the best in the league.

AA gets a $3 million a year bridge deal and being compared to Nyquist and you guys want to start butchering him already lol.

Not to mention the people supporting AA are for the most part agreeing that he would be a good asset to trade. 

Nothing like the Mrazek situation at all. 

Edited by kickazz

On 7/7/2018 at 10:26 AM, Dabura said:

I do think there's something to the argument that playing him on the wing encourages laziness and bad habits in his game. I'd be down with giving him a long look at center. It'd have to be on the fourth line, though.

I agree. He was a little more responsible when they had him on center. 

But I don’t have issues with Franzen-ing (floating) if he can put up 25+ goals a year. 

Edited by kickazz

18 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You aren't giving top effort at your job, so why be hypocritical of AA?

Joke's on you, I don't have a job

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So, if he's not traded, I don't want to see any of these haters cheering for him when he lights the lamp. You've made your beds.

If people can't cheer for the success of someone they've taken issues with, why do you still cheer for the Red Wings? Tippett, Hague, Kirk all play elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

He hasn’t actually. People are comparing him to Nyquist who isn’t really even that good. 

Mrazek was coined a Vezina candidate for years. Aka being compared to the best in the league.

AA gets a $3 million a year bridge deal and being compared to Nyquist and you guys want to start butchering him already lol.

Not to mention the people supporting AA are for the most part agreeing that he would be a good asset to trade. 

Nothing like the Mrazek situation at all. 

All I meant is he's looking like he will be the divisive player on the team this year...

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

All I meant is he's looking like he will be the divisive player on the team this year...

aka Whipping Boy.  aka He's Lazy and Sucks.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Sorry, but Kickazz can bring it when he wants.  He has a hard time with me because I debate on facts as well.  But your little trendy catchphrase arguments are weak. 

"Zetterberg says no poke and hope.  Athanasiou is who he is talking about.  I just know it.  I gotta post that."

Meanwhile, Zetterberg is also 2 years a LIAR on his "not on my watch" shtick and the team is a straight dumpster fire.  So who really gives a damn how he thinks other players should be playing?

You're right

Sorry, but Kickazz can bring it when he wants.  He has a hard time with me because I debate on facts as well.  But your little trendy catchphrase arguments are weak. 

"Zetterberg says no poke and hope.  Athanasiou is who he is talking about.  I just know it.  I gotta post that."

Meanwhile, Zetterberg is also 2 years a LIAR on his "not on my watch" shtick and the team is a straight dumpster fire.  So who really gives a damn how he thinks other players should be playing?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I gave stats/facts regarding AA and that was met with "weak argument". I then repeated well known criticisms about AA's game and the response was "you're talking out of your ass." I gave facts. I didnt make any of it up. Its all out there and available to anyone. Its not my fault if you choose to ignore it and dismiss it "cuz Z". Thats not debating, neither is replying "exactly" or "that's how you debate" or "you got pwned". Maybe try actually participating in the discussion instead of jumping onto someone else's posts. I'd be interested to know what you think.

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I gave stats/facts regarding AA and that was met with "weak argument". I then repeated well known criticisms about AA's game and the response was "you're talking out of your ass." I gave facts. I didnt make any of it up. Its all out there and available to anyone. Its not my fault if you choose to ignore it and dismiss it "cuz Z". Thats not debating, neither is replying "exactly" or "that's how you debate" or "you got pwned". Maybe try actually participating in the discussion instead of jumping onto someone else's posts. I'd be interested to know what you think.

Yur right

Yah, and this is where you fail.  The same coach that criticized AA for his practice participation (are you kidding me, Jeff?) also coached the team to the garbage heap.  He needs to worry more about what HE is doing. 

Ya, I really thought he was going to be great here.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, and this is where you fail.  The same coach that criticized AA for his practice participation (are you kidding me, Jeff?) also coached the team to the garbage heap.  He needs to worry more about what HE is doing. 

I agree. Blash has a lot to learn.  He actually pencils AA into the roster.

If I were coaching I'd be healthy scratching that punk night after night until he won me some puck battles. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ahhh, That's right.  The only thing that matters in hockey.  Puck battles.  The game's all time best player never won a puck battle in his entire career, but we will focus on that.  Every red wing must go into the corners hard and win puck battles.  Scoring,neutral zone play, and penalty killing be damned!

LOL

Let's compare AA to Gretzky.

He's a winger. He plays the wing. The wing is where the boards are. The boards are sometimes where the puck is. As a player, you are sometimes expected to turn "not having the puck" into "having the puck" and this does not always mean "stand around until someone else gets you the puck". Clearly you have other idea's about: what is hockeys

AA has a 'Jr B' level work ethic and he should be ashamed of himself and I'm on Blashill's side on this one.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:58 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL

Let's compare AA to Gretzky.

He's a winger. He plays the wing. The wing is where the boards are. The boards are sometimes where the puck is. As a player, you are sometimes expected to turn "not having the puck" into "having the puck" and this does not always mean "stand around until someone else gets you the puck". Clearly you have other idea's about: what is hockeys

AA has a 'Jr B' level work ethic and he should be ashamed of himself and I'm on Blashill's side on this one.

But he is a natural center, so maybe that is why his instincts are to not go into the corners and battle all the time. Maybe that is why he does every so often and loses battles sometimes. He'll get there.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

But he is a natural center, so maybe that is why his instincts are to not go into the corners and battle all the time. Maybe that is why he does every so often and loses battles sometimes. He'll get there.

image.png.9bbbdf4e1786d2853d22395fc9d26ab2.png

Maybe when he played PeeWee

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.9bbbdf4e1786d2853d22395fc9d26ab2.png

Oooooo all the hanging around waiting for breakout passes will work great at center

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Odd, I don't see a lot of hanging around center ice doing nothing... I do see a lot of hard earned goals and his lightning quick speed leaving all-star defenders in the dust or looking for their jocks after he fights through them our dekes around them though... Karlsson and Ekblad got owned by AA. Welcome back AA! Glad to have you! Nice to see you! Don't let these haters bring your game down.

That being said, if he were to bring us Trouba, I'd understand the trade.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ahhh, That's right.  The only thing that matters in hockey.  Puck battles.  The game's all time best player never won a puck battle in his entire career, but we will focus on that.  Every red wing must go into the corners hard and win puck battles.  Scoring,neutral zone play, and penalty killing be damned!

Actually, that's one of the most underrated things about Gretzky.  He won many puck battles and worked really hard to get into the right positions.  He wasn't some supremely fast, talented player with a hard shot.