• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SwedeLundin77

Andreas Athanasiou Officially Signed 2 yrs. $3M AAV

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Damn, you might be worse at debating than Jonas.

We had the 4th WORST offense in the league last year. You need to learn how to look up some stats and information. 

Too weak. Thanks for proving my point. Following players were allowed to excell at their strengths and didn't play a strong two way game. In fact 2 of them were known cherry pickers.   

8448091.jpg

544765afa237e_brendan_shanahan.jpg

45248c46472e501e7d893e0b08981e04.jpg

Hull? Yes. Shanny and Luc? No. They were also generational talents on STACKED teams. AA couldn't wear their jock straps. And this team now isnt very good. When AA is scoring 50 goals a season and 500+ for his career and the team is contending, he can float whenever he wants. But it will NEVER happen.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We'll never know until he gets though minutes.

Like Jurco. Mrazek, Smith......

I'm just excited to have a future potential top 6 of:

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina 

AA-Rasmussen-Svechnikov

Barring trades or if we could actually get Jack Hughes.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hull? Yes. Shanny and Luc? No. They were also generational talents on STACKED teams. AA couldn't wear their jock straps. And this team now isnt very good. When AA is scoring 50 goals a season and 500+ for his career and the team is contending, he can float whenever he wants. But it will NEVER happen.

Jurco and Smith never had the electrifying game as AA has. Not a good comparison. 

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina 

AA-Rasmussen-Svechnikov

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Smith - Rass - Zadina

Most likely top 6 IMO.

AA - Veleno - Svech 3rd line. That spreads out the scoring over 3 lines.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Smith - Rass - Zadina

Most likely top 6 IMO.

AA - Veleno - Svech 3rd line. That spreads out the scoring over 3 lines.

Those lines, no matter who gets the most minutes all look very, very good! 

Honestly though, I have a strange feeling that Berggren may be here within 3 years as well.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina 

AA-Rasmussen-Svechnikov

Jurco and Smith never had the electrifying game as AA has. Not a good comparison. 

I'll give u Smith. But Jurco and Mrazek were both electrifying players without a lot of skill. Pretty sure if I went back and looked, you yourself have said something to that effect

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Those lines, no matter who gets the most minutes all look very, very good! 

Honestly though, I have a strange feeling that Berggren may be here within 3 years as well.

Yes. Forgot about him. Too early to know where to slot him tho.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

If AA wants to run a breakaway play with Larkin then by all means let him. If he wants to pull a Hull and wait for a pass then by all means let him. He has the speed and acceleration for breakaways. THAT IS HIS STRENGTH. 

Of course he can. But then he's going to keep getting 15 minutes a night until he's traded in 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'll give u Smith. But Jurco and Mrazek were both electrifying players without a lot of skill. Pretty sure if I went back and looked, you yourself have said something to that effect

Yes. Forgot about him. Too early to know where to slot him tho.

I was very high on Mrazek, that's for sure. 

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Shanahan was a notorious floater. Fedorov in his hall of fame interview said that Shanny used to talk to him privately to look for him in the opponent blue line for stretch passes. Look the interview up on youtube. That's why Shanahan loved played with Fedorov since Fedorov did it all and Shanahan just had to score.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Another weak argument. So because the team is bad, a player shouldn't play on his strength? Thankfully you're not the coach and Blash/Holland signed AA to a 2 year deal that you and others probably thought was overpaid.

4th worse offense in the league = need offense. AA should focus on offense as should Mantha. It would be different if our offense was middle of the pack. But we aren't. we're severely compromised on offense end of story. 

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

NO.

So offense wins Cups? No.

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/its-possible-to-win-a-stanley-cup-without-superstars-but-it-aint-easy/

The Los Angeles Kings won a pair of Stanley Cups (2012, 2014) with Anze Kopitar up front and Drew Doughty on the back. Doughty is considered one of the best defensemen in the game, and Kopitar is an annual Selke Trophy contender as best defensive forward. However, neither player is a generational talent. Los Angeles amassed as much shot blocking, physical, defensively responsible talent as the law allowed, then sprinkled in a few players like Marian Gaborik and Jeff Carter for just enough offense to win a pair of Cups.

In 2013-14, the Kings allowed the second-fewest Corsi-Against (shots/shot attempts). It was nearly impossible to score against them. It was the same story in 2011-12. In fact, in 2011-12, the Kings also scored the second-fewest goals. The didn’t drive their Corsi through the roof with puck possession; they did it by taking away space.

The 2010-11 Boston Bruins had Patrice Bergeron at center and Zdeno Chara on the blue line. They too were a physical, pounding bunch who won a Stanley Cup and advanced to another Stanley Cup Final by preventing their opponents from scoring and finding just enough offense. The 2011 Bruins had average regular season analytics but caught fire late in the season and steam-rolled through the playoffs.

Those teams didn’t have a prolific scorer like Patrick Kane or anything close to a Sidney Crosby. It’s debatable the Kings or Bruins Cup teams even had a “Phil Kessel” type scorer.

Exactly my point. A few players like Anze Kopitar that took care of the two-way game much like Yzerman and Fedorov did in 2002 and Datsyuk and Zetterberg did in 2008. Meanwhile Hull put was left scoring goals as did Shanny. Franzen took care of the Avs in 08. Exactly why not everyone on this team needs to be a two-way forward. 

Larkin, Rasmussen, Helm, Abdelkader, Nielsen. Plenty of two-way forwards. Mantha, AA, and Zadina should be allowed to focus on offense at this point. 

Pittsburgh offense won 2 championships. FYI. They're defense was not nearly as good as their overall offense that season and even into the playoffs. They had the highest shot generation per game that season. 

Best shots per game state and middle of the pack in shots against per game in 2015/16.

The whole "offense wins games, defense wins championships" is a myth and something coaches teach little kids or heard in movies lol. 

What's hilarious is you've exposed yourself in at least 3 posts now with your insults towards AA. He's had 1 actual NHL season and somehow you've already judged him. Wat is it that you said? "AA couldn't wear their jock straps. And this team now isnt very good. When AA is scoring 50 goals a season and 500+ for his career and the team is contending, he can float whenever he wants. But it will NEVER happen."

Then you go to a middle ground and say "well i thin AA does have potential". Make up your mind. You're flip flopping more than your boy Trump has the last 3 years. 

AA hater alert. At least guys like Dabura simply want him to get better and think he has the potential for it. You're here saying s*** like "will NEVER happen". Cool. 

Edited by kickazz

The notion that every player has to play a "200 foot game" infuriates me more than anything. We have a ton of two-way forwards that are great at both ends of the ice. Every team needs players that can sometimes cheat on offense. In saying that, Athanasiou is a player I'd like to see play a bit of a two-way game, because when he wants to, he can pickpocket as good as anyone in the league. I do think he's much better defensively than some are willing to give him credit for though.

If Athanasiou tops out as a 35-45 point, middle 6 winger, that's still good for us, and more than worth his current $3M x 2 year contract. I still think he has 45-55 point, top 6 winger potential though. And if he's doing that on a line with a defensively responsible center, and not negatively impacting the team, I'm more than happy with that sort of production out of a 4th round draft pick.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Exactly my point. A few players like Anze Kopitar that took care of the two-way game much like Yzerman and Fedorov did in 2002 and Datsyuk and Zetterberg did in 2008. Meanwhile Hull put was left scoring goals as did Shanny. Franzen took care of the Avs in 08. Exactly why not everyone on this team needs to be a two-way forward. 

Larkin, Rasmussen, Helm, Abdelkader, Nielsen. Plenty of two-way forwards. Mantha, AA, and Zadina should be allowed to focus on offense at this point. 

Pittsburgh offense won 2 championships. FYI. They're defense was not nearly as good as their overall offense that season and even into the playoffs. They had the highest shot generation per game that season. 

Best shots per game state and middle of the pack in shots against per game in 2015/16.

The whole "offense wins games, defense wins championships" is a myth and something coaches teach little kids or heard in movies lol. 

What's hilarious is you've exposed yourself in at least 3 posts now with your insults towards AA. He's had 1 actual NHL season and somehow you've already judged him. Wat is it that you said? "AA couldn't wear their jock straps. And this team now isnt very good. When AA is scoring 50 goals a season and 500+ for his career and the team is contending, he can float whenever he wants. But it will NEVER happen."

Then you go to a middle ground and say "well i thin AA does have potential". Make up your mind. You're flip flopping more than your boy Trump has the last 3 years. 

AA hater alert. At least guys like Dabura simply want him to get better and think he has the potential for it. You're here saying s*** like "will NEVER happen". Cool. 

Did you even read the article? It clearly points out that teams who focus mostly on defense, keeping shots down, keeping scoring chances down, etc. are the ones who win. Their offense was totally secondary.

You do realize that that was 10 and 16 years ago, right? Not the same NHL today. Those teams were offensive juggernauts. The cup winning teams mentioned aren't built that way. Plus Hull and Shanny weren't noobs when they came to Detroit. They were already developed players. Totally different way of coaching. And yeah when you have guys that are that good offensively (AA is not), you probably get a little more leniency there. Plus those teams had much better defenses than this one. Forwards didn't have to cover for the D. In case you didn't notice, the D is the weakest link on this team. I would expect the forwards to help out more. Not re-inventing the wheel here.

How silly for coaches to instill a good work ethic into young players. And even more silly for them to coach in a way that clearly doesn't work. 

Yep. That's exactly what I said. If you think AA is comparable to a Hull, Shanny, or Robitaille, I won't even respond to that, just shake my head. I also said that AA scoring 50 goals a season or 500 for his career will NEVER happen because I don't think it will. DO YOU? Only 45 players in the history of the NHL have scored 500 or more goals. And no one has had a 50 goal season since 2015-16. Do YOU think he is capable of that? Seriously, he's that good? So, because I don't think AA is among the 5o best scorers of all time I am a hater? C'mon. I would say that makes me a realist.

He does have potential...to be a better player. He's a middle 6 F now, he has the POTENTIAL to be a 30 goal top 6 player IMO. 30 goal top 6 < top line elite scoring sniper. I said he was capable of the first, but not the second. That's not flip-flopping. It's an opinion, and a realistic one. Nothing more. If I didn't think he had potential, then why do I wish he would work on developing a more rounded game. If I truly thought he was a lost cause and he would never get any better, than why even argue for improvement? Makes no sense.

LOL.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, kickazz said:

Perfect example of prematurity and turning on a player just because.

The guy has had one season actual season start to finish and it's "AA is not elite".

Written off. Ahh LGW.com baby. 

Outstanding. 

Zadina didn't score 50 in juniors, telling you now he needs to change his game up. You need at least 50 goals in juniors to be considered elite. You heard it here first. 

He's not. 16 goals and 33 pts isn't elite. Is anyone saying he is??

On 7/14/2018 at 6:29 PM, kickazz said:

Nyquist isn't better defensively.  That's why AA is better than him. 

Nyquist isn't the future of this team, and neither is AA at the moment.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The notion that every player has to play a "200 foot game" infuriates me more than anything. We have a ton of two-way forwards that are great at both ends of the ice. Every team needs players that can sometimes cheat on offense. In saying that, Athanasiou is a player I'd like to see play a bit of a two-way game, because when he wants to, he can pickpocket as good as anyone in the league. I do think he's much better defensively than some are willing to give him credit for though.

If Athanasiou tops out as a 35-45 point, middle 6 winger, that's still good for us, and more than worth his current $3M x 2 year contract. I still think he has 45-55 point, top 6 winger potential though. And if he's doing that on a line with a defensively responsible center, and not negatively impacting the team, I'm more than happy with that sort of production out of a 4th round draft pick.

His poke check is fantastic. I wouldn't say he can pick pocket with the best in the league, but maybe if he works on it? IDK, I'm optimistic.

The problem with AA is it's always been flashes in the pan with him so far. All of the sudden he works his butt off and makes a brilliant steal, but then he's no where to be seen on D for multiple games. When he tries he succeeds.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nyquist isn't the future of this team, and neither is AA at the moment.

You're right, he isn't. But it's good that AA is already being compared to him. Shows Nyquist's worth. Especially because AA is already better than him. 

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's not. 16 goals and 33 pts isn't elite. Is anyone saying he is??

No s***, but having a premature discussion about him being elite or not is stupid af and using his "elite" status as a supporting argument against him is also stupid af. It shouldn't even be in the discussion because nobody on the Red Wings is elite. We have an elite player in his twilight years and that's Z. That's all.  

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You do realize that that was 10 and 16 years ago, right? Not the same NHL today. Those teams were offensive juggernauts. The cup winning teams mentioned aren't built that way. Plus Hull and Shanny weren't noobs when they came to Detroit. They were already developed players. Totally different way of coaching. And yeah when you have guys that are that good offensively (AA is not), you probably get a little more leniency there. Plus those teams had much better defenses than this one. Forwards didn't have to cover for the D. In case you didn't notice, the D is the weakest link on this team. I would expect the forwards to help out more. Not re-inventing the wheel here.

AA and the other kids are 24 or below. In some of your posts you've already written him off. That's my point. You keep comparing him specifically to those players which is where the flaw in your argument is. I'm merely bringing those players up as an argument about how teams in general can be built. When AA. Larkin, Mantha are 28, 29 in their prime, the team will be better and possibly a contender. Much like the team was when they won the first cup in 1997 when Fedorov was 28 (not when he was 24). 

How silly for coaches to instill a good work ethic into young players. And even more silly for them to coach in a way that clearly doesn't work. 

Red Herring. 

Moving on. 

Yep. That's exactly what I said. If you think AA is comparable to a Hull, Shanny, or Robitaille, I won't even respond to that, just shake my head. I also said that AA scoring 50 goals a season or 500 for his career will NEVER happen because I don't think it will. DO YOU? Only 45 players in the history of the NHL have scored 500 or more goals. And no one has had a 50 goal season since 2015-16. Do YOU think he is capable of that? Seriously, he's that good? So, because I don't think AA is among the 5o best scorers of all time I am a hater? C'mon. I would say that makes me a realist.

Don't think I said he's the next Brett Hull. But I myself, like others here (even the one's who want more out of AA) haven't written him off. You on the other hand have shown hints of some obvious bias against the dude and written him off just because he doesn't play the brand of hockey YOU want him to. 

Edited by kickazz

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He does have potential...to be a better player. He's a middle 6 F now, he has the POTENTIAL to be a 30 goal top 6 player IMO. 30 goal top 6 < top line elite scoring sniper. I said he was capable of the first, but not the second. That's not flip-flopping. It's an opinion, and a realistic one. Nothing more. If I didn't think he had potential, then why do I wish he would work on developing a more rounded game. If I truly thought he was a lost cause and he would never get any better, than why even argue for improvement? Makes no sense.

You're not asking for his improvement. You're asking for him to play a brand of hockey that he may not be designed to do. He's a fast, dangling forward. You think him being a 2 way forward is improvement because Babcock probably instilled that in your head for 10 years. I say he should be utilized for his strength. Which is his speed. He's got great vision at reading breakways. He shouldn't be criticized for it. He's still young and learning, he shouldn't be criticized for it. He may become a lot better  than he is, he shouldn't be talked off like he'll never reach a certain level after 1-2 seasons in the NHL. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

AA and the other kids are 24 or below. In some of your posts you've already written him off. That's my point. You keep comparing him specifically to those players which is where the flaw in your argument is. I'm merely bringing those players up as an argument about how teams in general can be built. When AA. Larkin, Mantha are 28, 29 in their prime, the team will be better and possibly a contender. Much like the team was when they won the first cup in 1997 when Fedorov was 28 (not when he was 24). 

Red Herring. 

Moving on. 

Don't think I said he's the next Brett Hull. But I myself, like others here (even the one's who want more out of AA) haven't written him off. You on the other hand have shown hints of some obvious bias against the dude and written him off just because he doesn't play the brand of hockey YOU want him to. 

Its not about how I want to play. Its about how he's being coached to play. He's not doing himself, or the team, any favors if he's getting less ice time because he wants to play differently than what Blashill wants from him. Hes still developing as a player. He has a lot to learn, but he seems reluctant to be coached. That's not good. It will hurt his growth as a player and perhaps keep him from reaching his true potential. That should concern all of us.

Sometimes, certain movements are therapeutic for an ailing back. Walking is good for it for sure. But IMO, the way he's carried the team the last couple of seasons, he's allowed to swing a few clubs, even if he has to take some pain meds in order to do so. There's probably no real solution to his back issues, it'll all depend whether or not he wants to pump up on meds before and after every game for another 82. I hope he does, it'd be wonderful to see him hit 1000. 

I also hope Zandina makes the team. We've talked about the many ways he'll be able to, i believe he will, even with Z playing.

What could help is if he laid back a took up the 3rd line center spot and cut his minutes. No saying they have to do so, but if he played 15-20, instead of 20-30, he may make it though another season, or a good chunk of it at least.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its not about how I want to play. Its about how he's being coached to play. He's not doing himself, or the team, any favors if he's getting less ice time because he wants to play differently than what Blashill wants from him. 

He's ice time has increased..

Your post again indicates that he's taking more flack than he should. Blash increased his ice time. Holland paid him 3 million per year which people here thought was an overpayment. They want more improvement from him, just like they would want out of anyone young, but based off their actions it seems like they're okay with him while still being cautiously optimistic.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

but he seems reluctant to be coached. That's not good. It will hurt his growth as a player and perhaps keep him from reaching his true potential. That should concern all of us.

Complete speculation and bias. And again, talking out the ass.

“I think there was some opportunity presented to him with Mantha’s injury, and he’s earned that ice,” Blashill said after Detroit’s 2-1 overtime win over Ottawa on Wednesday in which Athanasiou scored both goals.

Blashill doubled-shifted Athanasiou throughout the game as the team only dressed 11 forwards. The speedster played wing on the second line with Dylan Larkin and Tomas Tatar, and center on the fourth line with Mantha and Martin Frk. He was buzzing the entire night.

“I could double other guys up more, but I’ve doubled up Double-A lots because I think he’s played more consistently hard,” said Blashill. “He’s played the type of hockey he has to play to be successful.”

His own coach gives him credit. But you can't it seems. 

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/are-red-wings-keeping-their-promise-to-athanasiou/

----

Below are AA's own words after Zetterberg's criticism of the young players. 

Athanasiou, who lost the puck on Vegas’ fourth and final goal, acknowledged Zetterberg’s message struck home.

“Any time you have someone like that speaking out, it’s a bit of a message to make sure you’re ready for the next one,” Athanasiou said. “If there’s one play where you can bear down a bit more, it’s going to make a huge difference.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/03/09/strong-criticism-hits-home-red-wings-anthony-mantha-andreas-athanasiou/32785007/

Edited by kickazz

So you going to stop s***ting on him and coming up with your own narratives or acknowledge his and his coaches words? 

There may be criticism, but there is praise and there's also mature acknowledgement on AA's part. Don't really see how that translates to "reluctant to being coached" or whatever narrative you've come up with. Sounds like a young player that has good nights, bad nights and realizes them. 

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Sometimes, certain movements are therapeutic for an ailing back. Walking is good for it for sure. But IMO, the way he's carried the team the last couple of seasons, he's allowed to swing a few clubs, even if he has to take some pain meds in order to do so. There's probably no real solution to his back issues, it'll all depend whether or not he wants to pump up on meds before and after every game for another 82. I hope he does, it'd be wonderful to see him hit 1000. 

I also hope Zandina makes the team. We've talked about the many ways he'll be able to, i believe he will, even with Z playing.

What could help is if he laid back a took up the 3rd line center spot and cut his minutes. No saying they have to do so, but if he played 15-20, instead of 20-30, he may make it though another season, or a good chunk of it at least.

Who the f*** is Zandina? Sounds like a little *****. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If your boss tells you to do all the work, then gives your co worker all the benefits, are you going to be happy?  Nope.  Gonna be a big FU.  I'm glad Athanasiou has the balls to stick up for himself.  He's got mad speed/skills and should be seeing all the minutes and pp time Z sees.  He draws half our penalties and then only gets the last 20 seconds of the pp time.  Z skips practices, to boot.  Pretty bad look for Z to be skipping out of practices complaining about a bad back, and then spending the summer on a golf binge.

I live this everyday actually. But even if I don't like it, it's still my job. Happy or not, its what I am being paid to do. 

There's guys playing the KHL for doing exactly that. Kids who don't listen to coaching develop a bad rep and it only hurts them later on. This generally doesn't end well.

SMH.......:z:> AA

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

He's ice time has increased..

Your post again indicates that he's taking more flack than he should. Blash increased his ice time. Holland paid him 3 million per year which people here thought was an overpayment. They want more improvement from him, just like they would want out of anyone young, but based off their actions it seems like they're okay with him while still being cautiously optimistic.

Complete speculation and bias. And again, talking out the ass.

“I think there was some opportunity presented to him with Mantha’s injury, and he’s earned that ice,” Blashill said after Detroit’s 2-1 overtime win over Ottawa on Wednesday in which Athanasiou scored both goals.

Blashill doubled-shifted Athanasiou throughout the game as the team only dressed 11 forwards. The speedster played wing on the second line with Dylan Larkin and Tomas Tatar, and center on the fourth line with Mantha and Martin Frk. He was buzzing the entire night.

“I could double other guys up more, but I’ve doubled up Double-A lots because I think he’s played more consistently hard,” said Blashill. “He’s played the type of hockey he has to play to be successful.”

His own coach gives him credit. But you can't it seems. 

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/are-red-wings-keeping-their-promise-to-athanasiou/

----

Below are AA's own words after Zetterberg's criticism of the young players. 

Athanasiou, who lost the puck on Vegas’ fourth and final goal, acknowledged Zetterberg’s message struck home.

“Any time you have someone like that speaking out, it’s a bit of a message to make sure you’re ready for the next one,” Athanasiou said. “If there’s one play where you can bear down a bit more, it’s going to make a huge difference.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/03/09/strong-criticism-hits-home-red-wings-anthony-mantha-andreas-athanasiou/32785007/

You pulled an AA and cherry picked that article.

"Through Athanasiou’s first 29 games, Blashill has deployed him just enough to fulfill Holland’s promise. That’s probably not a coincidence. If Athanasiou feels shorted, it’s nothing he can’t fix. The ice time is there for him to take.

And he knows it."

So they gave him just enough to fulfill Holland's promise, nothing more. That's encouraging. LOL.

Also, you're quoting an article from January 5th. Here's more recent articles from February.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/13/red-wings-jeff-blashill-explains-benching-andreas-athanasiou/336056002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/14/benching-wings-athanasiou-ready-make-amends/110416558/

Blashill has either benched or scratched Athanasiou, 23, several times over the last two seasons, after a sub-par effort from the young forward. Few players on the roster have Athanasiou’s skill or speed, but the inconsistency and lack of engaging on the ice every game has been a negative mark early in his career. (Is this talking out of the ass as you say?)

After Wednesday’s practice, Athanasiou was disappointed, but he understood Blashill’s actions.

“No one likes to sit but it’s the way it is,” Athanasiou said. “We got the two points, that’s the biggest thing. It’s never fun not hearing (your name called to get on the ice) but there’s nothing you can do about it. He has to make his decisions to win the game, and we won the game.

“I don’t know if you can be surprised. The way the game unfolds, he has to make coaching adjustments and line matchups and that’s the way some games go.

And then there's Z's comments about a month later.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/03/09/zetterberg-chastises-young-red-wings-for-poke-and-hope-hockey/

Yep. So am I talking out of MY azz or Z's or Blashill's or HSJ's or Kulfan's. I'm confused. Cuz it sounds to me like we are all saying the same thing.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

“No one likes to sit but it’s the way it is,” Athanasiou said. “We got the two points, that’s the biggest thing. It’s never fun not hearing (your name called to get on the ice) but there’s nothing you can do about it. He has to make his decisions to win the game, and we won the game.

Thanks for proving my point. Your quote clearly points out that AA is willing to be coached and realizes consequences. Good job proving yourself wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

"Through Athanasiou’s first 29 games, Blashill has deployed him just enough to fulfill Holland’s promise. That’s probably not a coincidence. If Athanasiou feels shorted, it’s nothing he can’t fix. The ice time is there for him to take.

And he knows it."

There is no cherry picking. The quote you mentioned is an opinion. I gave you a direct quote of the coach himself. So not only are you talking out of your ass but your using another person's ass to talk out of as well. Amazing. 

You're too easy.