• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SwedeLundin77

Andreas Athanasiou Officially Signed 2 yrs. $3M AAV

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're filling in the new dumb guy role nicely. Congrats.

The guy previously in the role was dumb enough to get his number9 account banned, came back dumber and legless.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

One cherry pick goal in 2016-17.

One cherry pick goal in 2017-2018.

Boy, he sure is a cherry picker.  Both goals he comes off the bench in a favorable position.  I guess he's supposed to backcheck to his own blue line so he doesn't get called names by wings fans.  He's the only guy that's ever tried to catch the other team napping on a line change.

Every other goal, he's below his own blue line before the play develops.

@Neomaxizoomdweebie @ChristopherReevesLegs Analysis? Let's confirm if Jonas is correct about how many goals were actually cherry picked shall we?

48 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The guy previously in the role was dumb enough to get his number9 account banned, came back dumber and legless.

I had no idea these roles existed. Who's handing these out?

43 minutes ago, kickazz said:

@Neomaxizoomdweebie @ChristopherReevesLegs Analysis? Let's confirm if Jonas is correct about how many goals were actually cherry picked shall we?

Thanks, but I think everyone is content to let you and Jonas play your role-playing games together w/o us. I know more weaselin and dodgin...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 hours ago, chaps80 said:

AA\s speed alone is worth his contract. Look what Holland gave Helm for his speed and...nothing else. At least AA can put the puck in the net as well.

Even so, I think AA could learn a thing or two from some of the more underrated facets of Helm's game. Checking game. Forechecking ability. Physicality. Tenacity. Willingness and ability to battle in the corner and along the half-wall in the o-zone. Protecting the puck under duress in the o-zone. "Subtle interference," leaning on opposing players (maybe more of a Zetterberg thing than a Helm thing, but yeah).

I want to see AA put some meat on the bones of his skill game. Give me some teeth, sandpaper, muscle.

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

"Subtle interference," leaning on opposing players (maybe more of a Zetterberg thing than a Helm thing, but yeah).

I want to see AA put some meat on the bones of his skill game. Give me some teeth, sandpaper, muscle.

The lean on players strategy works because Z is smaller than the big defenders and uses THEIR size to HIS advantage. AA is a decent sized guy, has great hands and finesse, I think he should rely more on that like Datsyuk did. He should be a sneak, magician. He also has a big ass so he should ass box players out instead of lean imo. I’m actually not kidding about the Ass box part. 

This also goes back to my theme (somewhere in all the worms I’ve posted in this thread), that AA should play the style he’s built for. He’s a finesse guy. If we want him stronger on defense, I see him more of a takeaway/ deke you out, type guy. Datsyukian. 

He should also use his finesse to carry plays into the zone, maybe even the PP. Ever since we lost Dats, our O-zone entry on the PP is atrocious. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Even so, I think AA could learn a thing or two from some of the more underrated facets of Helm's game. Checking game. Forechecking ability. Physicality. Tenacity. Willingness and ability to battle in the corner and along the half-wall in the o-zone. Protecting the puck under duress in the o-zone. "Subtle interference," leaning on opposing players (maybe more of a Zetterberg thing than a Helm thing, but yeah).

Agreed especially with what's highlighted.

His forechecking and willingness to battle in the corners/halfwall/etc has to be a lot better, especially if he's gonna play wing. His poke check is extremely underrated around here, but he too often leads with the poke check during the forecheck, fails, and then finds himself out of position. Either he has to learn to identify when to stay back and block the breakout pass up ice better, or he has to get more aggressive and play the body more. I'd be fine with either.

That Helm clip is one of the few clips I watch every-time it's posted. Magnificent.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

The lean on players strategy works because Z is smaller than the big defenders and uses THEIR size to HIS advantage. AA is a decent sized guy, has great hands and finesse, I think he should rely more on that like Datsyuk did. He should be a sneak, magician. He also has a big ass so he should ass box players out instead of lean imo. I’m actually not kidding about the Ass box part. 

This also goes back to my theme (somewhere in all the worms I’ve posted in this thread), that AA should play the style he’s built for. He’s a finesse guy. If we want him stronger on defense, I see him more of a takeaway/ deke you out, type guy. Datsyukian. 

He should also use his finesse to carry plays into the zone, maybe even the PP. Ever since we lost Dats, our O-zone entry on the PP is atrocious. 

Yeah, i don't see AA ever being a gritty player. Def a finesse guy. His skating ability is just unreal. I don't think i've ever seen a guy fly end to end like he does, just massive strides and hes gone.

59 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, i don't see AA ever being a gritty player. Def a finesse guy. His skating ability is just unreal. I don't think i've ever seen a guy fly end to end like he does, just massive strides and hes gone.

Yeah probably a finesse guy.

I see three end results for this kid:

1. Datsyuk (light) - Proficient in both ends. Mad dangles. Speedier than Dats + slick steals. Top 6 player.
2. Ales Hemsky (light) - Average in both ends. Mad dangles. Awesome Speed. Middle 6 player. (AA is speedier, Hemsky better instincts)
3. Paul Bryron -
Below average in both ends. Mad dangles. Awesome speed. 3rd line player.

I think he was a young #3 last season with a lot more potential. I'd like him to step up and be a #2. And I recognize that comparing him to Hemsky and Dastyuk is a little ambitious numbers wise, but I think they share relatively the same skill set as players.

Ironically, Franzen didn't make my list of comparable players...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

AA HYPE! vids to assuage the warring LGRW masses. Because fighting over a good young player like AA is ultimately stupid and makes us look like Habs/Leafs/Oilers fans.

It's not real fighting. I just got the run around from the local trolls is all.

The best one: (I like the flames)

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's not real fighting. I just got the run around from the local trolls is all.

A fellow troll that got the run around from the local trolls. What has the world come to. 

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lysol Disinfectant. 

I can't say I'm not a little disappointed by this.

You've been my closest friend on this website for years. We have each other's phone numbers, and we've met in person.

Not sure what I did that makes you want to trash all of that, but whatever it is, you have my sincere apologies. If you're just being a dick just to be a dick, I hope you get thru what's ever causing you to act that way.

Just a shame several years of friendship will end this way.

Peace.

Fun question I posed on hockey Twitter...

If AA only ever turns out to be as good as Michael Grabner, meaning he's a 3rd line penalty killer who chips in 20-25 goals for between 3-4 million does that make him MORE or LESS valuable to the Wings going forward?