• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SwedeLundin77

Andreas Athanasiou Officially Signed 2 yrs. $3M AAV

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Fun question I posed on hockey Twitter...

If AA only ever turns out to be as good as Michael Grabner, meaning he's a 3rd line penalty killer who chips in 20-25 goals for between 3-4 million does that make him MORE or LESS valuable to the Wings going forward?

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

If AA only ever turns out to be as good as Michael Grabner, meaning he's a 3rd line penalty killer who chips in 20-25 goals for between 3-4 million does that make him MORE or LESS valuable to the Wings going forward?

More or less valuable than what???

If you're asking if we'd be happy with that sort of production from Athanasiou, I would be, and that's about what I expect / hope he will develop into. If AA can become a 20-25 goal scorer / 35-45 point producer while being one of the more dangerous penalty killers in the league, I'd be thrilled.

22 hours ago, kipwinger said:

More. But still should be entertained as a trade chip.

18 hours ago, kickazz said:

More. But still should be entertained as a trade chip.

Unless it was in a package for something you need to put you over the hump I'd seriously avoid it.  The key for me is the price.  A guy that can give you a ton of offense in limited time, for limited money, is a gold mine as far as I'm concerned.  Gives you all the goal scoring of a star player at bargain prices and still has value on the PK. 

I wondered when the AA thread would light up again.  Took much longer than I thought tbh

I personally thought AA was gonna light it up this year, very disappointing to see.  He’s shown glimmers of what I think he can do but if he’s not going to play defence and he’s not scoring...it’s quite terrible 

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

AA currently has the worst +/- in the NHL at -18. He is on pace for a -113 season, which would shatter the previously held record.

Kid is the new Mrazek and stinks like poopoopeepee right now

This is hard to do.  It takes serious tanking skills.  My guess is AA wants off this Titanic bad.  The Wings are not good.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Were we wrong about AA?

Everyone - including myself - seemed to think AA was better suited for the wing and not C.

But AA s struggling at wing now, and last year scored 30 goals as an experimental center.

What if AA at 2C was the solution all along?

Not everyone - not including myself...

I'm not going to say that Athanasiou's struggles are all due to him being switched back to wing, but he's played really well for stretches at center. Why change it? Especially when we clearly don't have any other capable 2C's on the team currently.

I wouldn't mind seeing...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Perlini
Hirose - Athanasiou - Mantha

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Were we wrong about AA?

Everyone - including myself - seemed to think AA was better suited for the wing and not C.

But AA s struggling at wing now, and last year scored 30 goals as an experimental center.

It's because at wing he's had crappy centers but playing center he's had good wingers. 

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Were we wrong about AA?

To get his offense up? Maybe. To keep the opposing scoring down (a huge issue lately)? No.