• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

19 for next year's draft

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Huh?  Why?

Because the 2019 draftees shouldn't be able to wear #19 on the back of Red Wings jerseys. It's disrespectful. I'm sure Yzerman would be outraged by such a travesty.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

no

Show some respect

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Because the 2019 draftees shouldn't be able to wear #19 on the back of Red Wings jerseys. It's disrespectful. I'm sure Yzerman would be outraged by such a travesty.

Would be nice, right?

Yzerman was drafted in 1983.  What significance does the year 2019 and the draft have to do with Steve Yzerman?  

If Yzerman has his way, he'll be picking 31st in the draft... if he has a first round pick at all in 2019... which he wouldn't because the Rangers get their first rounder if Tampa wins the Cup.  They also don't have a second.  So, the honored Steve Yzerman... AT THE VERY EARLIEST won't be on the stage until day two, round three.

Other players who wore #19 -- Yashin (previously mentioned) Markus Naslund, Brad Richards, Larry Robinson, Trottier, Joe Sakic... should I go on?  Are they getting shout outs at the draft too?  

This is silly. Skeletor out.

Edited by e_prime

16 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Yzerman was drafted in 1983.  What significance does the year 2019 and the draft have to do with Steve Yzerman?  

If Yzerman has his way, he'll be picking 31st in the draft... if he has a first round pick at all in 2019... which he wouldn't because the Rangers get their first rounder if Tampa wins the Cup.  They also don't have a second.  So, the honored Steve Yzerman... AT THE VERY EARLIEST won't be on the stage until day two, round three.

Other players who wore #19 -- Yashin (previously mentioned) Markus Naslund, Brad Richards, Larry Robinson, Trottier, Joe Sakic... should I go on?  Are they getting shout outs at the draft too?  

This is silly. Skeletor out.

What he means is when the Wings call up Jack Hughes next June, the Wings jersey he puts on will have the Hughes name on the back with a #19 below it, like he is wearing #19. The respect thing is to not have any other player ever where the #19.

I like that Edmonton didn't let Jani Rita put on an Oiler jersey with "Rita" on the back above the #99.

I agree, Red Wings should do the same.

Maybe by time 2091 rolls around, Feds will FINALLY have his number retired and they can honor him that way as well! :lol:

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What he means is when the Wings call up Jack Hughes next June, the Wings jersey he puts on will have the Hughes name on the back with a #19 below it, like he is wearing #19. The respect thing is to not have any other player ever where the #19.

I like that Edmonton didn't let Jani Rita put on an Oiler jersey with "Rita" on the back above the #99.

I agree, Red Wings should do the same.

Maybe by time 2091 rolls around, Feds will FINALLY have his number retired and they can honor him that way as well! :lol:

My above is rambling other ways we can misconstrue this meaningless nonsense into other meaningless nonsense...

:clap: I :clap: UNDERSTAND:clap: COMPLETELY:clap: I:clap: JUST :clap: THINK :clap: IT'S:clap: STUPID :clap:

Chosen player won't be wearing the number on the ice.  They'll be wearing it at the draft.

IN 2019.  

THE YEAR THEY ARE DRAFTED.

The Oilers still bowing to Gretz is probably one of their biggest issues.  They should let it go.  They traded his ass.

Edited by e_prime

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You know what would be the dopest move? If Yzerman was actually doing the drafting for us in 2019.

Or if Yzerman wearing his #19 home red jersey put the #19 jersey (blank name plate) on their draft picks. Of course WHEN we win the lottery and draft 1st overall then they can just put #1 on the jersey they give Hughes to put on and it becomes a moot discussion.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Or if Yzerman wearing his #19 home red jersey put the #19 jersey (blank name plate) on their draft picks. Of course WHEN we win the lottery and draft 1st overall then they can just put #1 on the jersey they give Hughes to put on and it becomes a moot discussion.

For the win!