• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

19 for next year's draft

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

*Spaghetti* Western

That may be, but IMHO they're better than just about any 'Western' produced/filmed by Hollywood.

For those who enjoy the 'Spaghetti Western' soundtracks...

 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I usually watch westerns with steak.

NY Strip, Ribeye, T-Bone, Porterhouse, Filet?

This happens to be my favorite version of 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' theme song...I can remember hearing this being played overhead in the grocery stores as a kid back in the '70s...

 

Edited by F.Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

That may be, but IMHO they're better than just about any 'Western' produced/filmed by Hollywood.

For those who enjoy the 'Spaghetti Western' soundtracks...

 

NY Strip, Ribeye, T-Bone, Porterhouse, Filet?

This happens to be my favorite version of 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' theme song...I can remember hearing this being played overhead in the grocery stores as a kid back in the '70s...

 

Yea, I'm a huge fan of Morricone and spaghetti westerns, I have every Clint Eastwood spaghetti western on DVD. Josey Wales is probably the best one in my book, but GBU is a very close second.

My personal favorite is High Plains Drifter. It's not for everybody, but I like the kinda mysterious/trippy vibe from that one a lot.

Also, you ain't a man if you don't enjoy some Two Mules For Sister Sara.

Was glad to see Morricone FINALLY get an Academy Award for the remake of Django, although I don't think he did the score for the original song...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yea, I'm a huge fan of Morricone and spaghetti westerns, I have every Clint Eastwood spaghetti western on DVD. Josey Wales is probably the best one in my book, but GBU is a very close second.

My personal favorite is High Plains Drifter. It's not for everybody, but I like the kinda mysterious/trippy vibe from that one a lot.

Also, you ain't a man if you don't enjoy some Two Mules For Sister Sara.

Was glad to see Morricone FINALLY get an Academy Award for the remake of Django, although I don't think he did the score for the original song...

I agree, but I also like Pale Rider, although I don't believe it's a "Spaghetti" Western. Pretty sure it wasn't filmed in Italy. Eastwood's more recent westerns are excellent as well.

My favorite Eastwood role was when he was talking to an empty chair AKA invisible Barrie O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I agree, but I also like Pale Rider, although I don't believe it's a "Spaghetti" Western. Pretty sure it wasn't filmed in Italy. Eastwood's more recent westerns are excellent as well.

My favorite Eastwood role was when he was talking to an empty chair AKA invisible Barrie O. 

I don't think many of them were filmed in Italy at all, nor do they have to be to be considered a spaghetti western. I believe they're called spaghetti westerns because the producers, directors, etc etc were all Italian. I think most of Eastwood's movies were filmed in Spain actually.

Pale Ride: I'm a priest, but I kill people too, and that in no way does not make sense

210?cb=20130909230422

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think many of them were filmed in Italy at all, nor do they have to be to be considered a spaghetti western. I believe they're called spaghetti westerns because the producers, directors, etc etc were all Italian. I think most of Eastwood's movies were filmed in Spain actually.

Pale Ride: I'm a priest, but I kill people too, and that in no way does not make sense

210?cb=20130909230422

You are correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Western

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this