• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

2018-2019 Opening Night Roster - Dedicated to BlueAdams!

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anyway, not my lines, but here are Custance's lines from his athletic article (behind a paywall):

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Zadina
Athanasiou - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Hronek

I just got around to reading the article and noticed that Rasmussen (and Svechnikov) are the odd men out, which is kind of odd considering Custance has been saying for weeks that Ras is all but guaranteed a spot in the lineup. He then goes on to say...

"There are a lot of interchangeable parts here at forward. Michael Rasmussen is likely to make the team and break in at left wing, similar to the way the team eased Larkin into the league. Trading Athanasiou, which is very much a possibility, would open more time on the wing for Rasmussen.

The odd-man out, among the kids, appears to be Evgeny Svechnikov, who had a down season last year in the AHL but showed glimpses of being able to use his big body effectively at the NHL level. A few things could help Svechnikov get regular playing time: 1) Zadina isn’t NHL ready. 2) Zetterberg retires. 3) Athanasiou is traded. There’s a good chance at least one of those scenarios emerges by the start of the season."

So essentially he expects either Zetterberg to end up on LTIR, Zadina to start in Grand Rapids or a trade to be made to make room for Rasmussen.

I know it will never happen, but imagine if we could somehow trade Glendening and Helm (or waive Frk or Witkowski), and role those top three lines with Svechnikov - Rasmussen - Abdelkader as our "4th line'...

Our defense would still be a train wreck, but at least we'd have a pretty potent offense...

36 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mantha-Zetterberg-Kessel

Athanasiou-Larkin-Vanek

Bertuzzi-Helm-Frk

Zadina-Veleno-Glendening

Rasmussen, Svechnikov

Karlsson-Ericsson

Green-Dekeyser

Jensen-Daley

Witkowski

Bernier

Larsson

Oh. Fantasy fanboy lineups. Got it

lineup.png

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Rasmussen-Zetterberg-Nyquist

AA-Nielsen-Vanek

Abby-Glendening-Helm

DD-Green

Daley-Ericsson

Kronwall-Hronek

Jensen

Totally fine with Zadina and Svechnikov starting in GR and being injury call ups. Zadina can step in with a full pro year of development and challenge for the Calder next year. Rasmussen and Hronek make the team out of training camp. After the deadline we’ll see a much younger lineup

Edited by joesuffP

On 7/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, krsmith17 said:

Rasmussen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Vanek

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendening

Frk / Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Daley

Kronwall - Jensen

Hicketts

Howard

Bernier

Svechnikov, Zadina, Hronek, Cholowski all in GR until the inevitable injury bug hits...

19 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Rasmussen-Zetterberg-Nyquist

AA-Nielsen-Vanek

Abby-Glendening-Helm

DD-Green

Daley-Ericsson

Kronwall-Hronek

Jensen

Totally fine with Zadina and Svechnikov starting in GR and being injury call ups. Zadina can step in with a full pro year of development and challenge for the Calder next year. Rasmussen and Hronek make the team out of training camp. After the deadline we’ll see a much younger lineup

These lines are basically what I'm expecting/hoping to see, assuming everyone is healthy at the start of the season. Seems to be some recent stuff out there suggesting Z's back is worse than people thought (he didn't practice the second half of the season - Blash says he doesn't think Z plays if it's that bad again).

Not to mention, the cap situation is pretty tricky, even with Franzen heading to LTIR (Custance article on The Athletic). Seems like an "easy" out of the cap mess/roster crunch is Z starting on LTIR. If that happens, I can see Nielsen jumping up to 2C and Helm shifting to 3C between Vanek and AA.

17 minutes ago, Jesusberg said:

These lines are basically what I'm expecting/hoping to see, assuming everyone is healthy at the start of the season. Seems to be some recent stuff out there suggesting Z's back is worse than people thought (he didn't practice the second half of the season - Blash says he doesn't think Z plays if it's that bad again).

Not to mention, the cap situation is pretty tricky, even with Franzen heading to LTIR (Custance article on The Athletic). Seems like an "easy" out of the cap mess/roster crunch is Z starting on LTIR. If that happens, I can see Nielsen jumping up to 2C and Helm shifting to 3C between Vanek and AA.

Lazy. Suck.

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How does Z go from playing a full season to not being able to play at all? You would think there would be some level of decline between those 2 extremes.

Zetterberg will play this season. It may not be a full season, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least play a partial season.

18 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

"I've been hearing". 

"People are saying". 

Sounds like the same sources. And by that, I mean, people pulling words out of their asses. I'll believe Zetterberg is done when he plays zero games this year. Until then, writers gonna write.

Zetterberg is done playing because he's had enough of Blashill and is unwilling to be coached. Guy has a bad back, clearly in decline and still plays 19 minutes a night. Like who does that? Is that even medically healthy? He's also the last one off his line every shift. Clearly his minutes need to decrease but he seems to just keep playing 19 minutes every time. I have a feeling this is him refusing direct orders from his coach. Completely reasonable to assume this based off the information available. Don't get me started on the Swedish Mafia stuff either. 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Zetterberg is done playing because he's had enough of Blashill and is unwilling to be coached. Guy has a bad back, clearly in decline and still plays 19 minutes a night. Like who does that? Is that even medically healthy? He's also the last one off his line every shift. Clearly his minutes need to decrease but he seems to just keep playing 19 minutes every time. I have a feeling this is him refusing direct orders from his coach. Completely reasonable to assume this based off the information available. Don't get me started on the Swedish Mafia stuff either. 

I just want you to compare Yzerman and Zetterberg's 15th seasons. I know you have the ability to. Don't dodge it. 

I get that it would make Yzerman look better than Zetterberg and you're trying to avoid it. But since we're playing "tag you're it". 

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

I've been in the sea for far too long to even take a sniff at this kind of bait. 

But keep on fishing, you never know when you might accidentally hook one by the tale. 

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Well, if he is, then we'll have no cap issues and Zadina will be here.

I just get that bad vibe though from all these interviews. They all have a negative aura about them...

It’s just everyone saying they don’t know for sure yet.. which is understandable. It’s been the same process the past 3 or 4 off seasons, I’m sure. Until camp starts and he’s not there/talking at all and/or Z tells us that he can’t play, there’s no need to worry. There are just articles pointing it out because there’s nothing going on at this stage in the off season.. gotta get them sweet sweet clicks. 

(I don’t know what happened to the font size there, that wasn’t intentional)

Edited by amato

2 hours ago, amato said:

It’s just everyone saying they don’t know for sure yet.. which is understandable. It’s been the same process the past 3 or 4 off seasons, I’m sure. Until camp starts and he’s not there/talking at all and/or Z tells us that he can’t play, there’s no need to worry. There are just articles pointing it out because there’s nothing going on at this stage in the off season.. gotta get them sweet sweet clicks. 

(I don’t know what happened to the font size there, that wasn’t intentional)

Thanks. Now every time I see the word process, I read it as PROH-SESS. I am literally annoying myself.