• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

2018-2019 Opening Night Roster - Dedicated to BlueAdams!

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I've been in the sea for far too long to even take a sniff at this kind of bait. 

But keep on fishing, you never know when you might accidentally hook one by the tale. 

That was not bait towards you that was towards @Neomaxizoomdweebie and only him lmaooooooo. And it was sarcasm about everything going on in the AA thread and the Swedish Mafia stuff that was started years ago. 

Hahahahahahahahah I actually lol'd at the paranoia of this post. Promise you dude, you're in the clear. Not targeting you at all. Relax. :lol:

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

That was not bait towards you that was towards @Neomaxizoomdweebie and only him lmaooooooo. And it was sarcasm about everything going on in the AA thread and the Swedish Mafia stuff that was started years ago. 

Hahahahahahahahah I actually lol'd at the paranoia of this post. Promise you dude, you're in the clear. Not targeting you at all. Relax. :lol:

Image result for not taking the bait gif

What I want to see:

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Vanek

Bertuzzi - Helm - Abdelkader

Glendenning

Frk

Svechnikov  1st call up 

Daley - Green

DeKeyser - Hronek

Kronwall - Ericsson

Jensen

Cholowski/Hicketts  1st call up

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Wouldn't it be a huge curve ball if BOTH Z and Kronner went to LTIR?

I am not saying Kronner is close, I haven't read anything to the fact, but man, that would be nuts.

Just a quick tidbit on these two. Their actual salary for the upcoming season is:

Z - $3.35M, then 2 yrs at $1M each

Kronner - $1.75M

So, the actual salary being paid is not that much, even if they both went LTIR.

BTW, Franzen and his $3.9M cap hit for two more years, his actual salary is only $1M for each year. So he is not coting the wings hardly anything to remain on LTIR.

So, in actual salary, these three are only making $5.1M for this season, then it drops to $2M for next season and $1M for a 3rd season.  You can see why the team is not even shaking over the possibility of either of those two joining Franzen on LTIR.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Everyone knows the actual $ is not a problem.  Navigating the 15 million cap space to these 3 players is the only issue.

...and if they're playing or on LTIR there is no "navigating" the cap space.  It's either available or it isn't.  The only navigating of the cap space at this point would be if either Kronner or Z decided to actually hang them up and NOT go on LTIR.  (Which is very very unlikely)

On 7/24/2018 at 11:27 AM, kickazz said:

You can taste the insecurity

Hockey guy is back

His potential rookies to make the team are: Zadina, Veleno, and Cholowski. No consideration to Rasmussen or Hronek or Hicketts. And he lists Helm as a top 6 forward

What a dingus

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

What I'd love to see barring any injuries (other than Zetterberg).

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

Nyquist-Neilsen-Ras

Vanek-Helm-AA

Frk-Glendening-Abby

Ericsson-Daly

Dekeyser-Green

Kronwall-Jensen

Hicketts

Edited by kipwinger

42 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

What I'd love to see barring any injuries (other than Zetterberg).

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

Nyquist-Neilsen-Ras

Vanek-Helm-AA

Frk-Glendening-Abby

Ericsson-Daly

Dekeyser-Green

Kronwall-Jensen

Hicketts

Must have been in "super realistic mode" when you carved this out eh? They need to have one of Zadina, Hronek, or Chowlowski on the opening day roster before I start talking about loving to see anything. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Must have been in "super realistic mode" when you carved this out eh?

He wants the team to tank and said as much. I too would like to see Jack Hughes drafted by Detroit, but I don't want to see that mess we saw last season if there's any way to avoid it. The captain should play if he's willing and able. Zadina should be on the team if he can outplay someone for a roster spot.

Edited by solarion

The thing is, as much as I want to see them tank (and I do), I'm not really setting them up for failure too badly.  If all the young forwards take the next step (like they need to for us to be successful anyway) then we'll be a better team than last year.  If they don't, oh well, we get a high draft pick. 

Either way, I pump Frk up with powerplay time and hope someone will give us a 3rd for him.  I trade Nyquist at the deadline.  Zetterberg is gone.  Vanek is gone after the season is over.  Kronwall and Jensen too.  Plenty of spots for the kids the following season and they'll be chomping at the bit after a long year in the AHL. 

With that dman corps(e), it's likely to be a long season even with the very best players under contract out on the ice. Plus with the lottery structure there's no guarantee that coming in dead last even lands Hughes, but it could screw up some of the guys' development. This franchise shouldn't be modeled after Buffalo or Edmonton, they're better than that. It's not like Zetterberg or Kronwall are going to be around a whole lot longer irregardless of what the roster looks like throughout this year. I rather the young guys learn from the best vets and don't get accustomed to losing night in and night out.

The Wings may have shaved a year off their rebuild time by making smart trades for picks and drafting well. They already have an extra 2nd and a couple extra 5ths coming in 2019, so they're well on their way to getting back into relevancy imo...no need to pull their already weak punches.

2 minutes ago, solarion said:

With that dman corps(e), it's likely to be a long season even with the very best players under contract out on the ice. Plus with the lottery structure there's no guarantee that coming in dead last even lands Hughes, but it could screw up some of the guys' development. This franchise shouldn't be modeled after Buffalo or Edmonton, they're better than that. It's not like Zetterberg or Kronwall are going to be around a whole lot longer irregardless of what the roster looks like throughout this year. I rather the young guys learn from the best vets and don't get accustomed to losing night in and night out.

The Wings may have shaved a year off their rebuild time by making smart trades for picks and drafting well. They already have an extra 2nd and a couple extra 5ths coming in 2019, so they're well on their way to getting back into relevancy imo...no need to pull their already weak punches.

Which is why I put as few "young guys" into the lineup as possible.  But also, this argument doesn't really make a ton of sense.  All of Lebda, Lilja, Smith, Marchenko, Kindl, Quincey, Ericsson, and Kronwall played with Lidstrom - the best defenseman of his generation - and only one of them turned out to be any good.  The one who was always going to be good anyway.  Playing on the same team as good players doesn't teach you all that much.  At best it teaches you how to eat right, work out properly, and get enough sleep.  I'm pretty sure Abby, Helm, Daly, Green, Ericsson, Neilsen, Vanek, Glendening, etc. etc. etc. can teach the young guys that much. 

Same reason why Gretzky was a terrible coach.  Guys who are really super good at sports aren't necessarily the best teachers.  Likewise, Mike "Never Played in the NHL" Babcock is a coaching darling despite being piss poor at hockey. 

Lots of people have been clamoring for years for the Wings to get younger, and now that they've fallen from relevance, you advocate putting as few young guys as possible into the lineup just for a better draft day lottery ticket? Just doesn't compute for me. If this is a business, and it is, putting a stinky team on the ice year after year is bad business. The Wings have been really lousy for two years in a row already, they shouldn't be trying to stink up the ice just so they can emulate the Penguins of the early 2000s.

A number 1 draft pick would be great, but there's no guarantee that will happen even if the wings get < 70pts this season.

Edited by solarion

13 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Same reason why Gretzky was a terrible coach.  Guys who are really super good at sports aren't necessarily the best teachers.  Likewise, Mike "Never Played in the NHL" Babcock is a coaching darling despite being piss poor at hockey. 

Image result for mike babcock gif

5 minutes ago, solarion said:

Lots of people have been clamoring for years for the Wings to get younger, and now that they've fallen from relevance, you advocate putting as few young guys as possible into the lineup just for a better draft day lottery ticket? Just doesn't compute for me. If this is a business, and it is, putting a stinky team on the ice year after year is bad business. The Wings have been really lousy for two years in a row already, they shouldn't be trying to stink up the ice just so they can emulate the Penguins of the early 2000s.

Ummm, I added Hicketts and Rasmussen and removed Zetterberg.  I did "add" youth.  It's just not the youth you're interested in apparently. 

Also, I'm not really interested in what "lots of people" think.  Lots of people watch NASCAR, eat McDonalds, and listen to Taylor Swift.  If anything I'm glad I don't think like they do. 

Edited by kipwinger

You added Hicketts as the 7th D and Rasmussen either plays with the Wings or goes back to the WHL...where he'll learn nothing. I just want to see the best team out on the ice. Clearly that includes Zetterberg if he's willing and able. If not then perhaps Zadina gets a look. ...and that d corps should be wide open to anyone that can steal a roster spot.

Same same for Veleno. Unlikely, but if he can take a spot from a vet, then he should get time with the Wings. There's no playoff streak to protect, now it's just about bringing up the next generation as quickly as they're able to make the transition.

Edited by solarion

2 minutes ago, solarion said:

You added Hicketts as the 7th D and Rasmussen either plays with the Wings or goes back to the WHL...where he'll learn nothing. I just want to see the best team out on the ice. Clearly that includes Zetterberg if he's willing and able. If not then perhaps Zadina gets a look. ...and that d corps should be wide open to anyone that can steal a roster spot.

The best team possible, or the best team possible next season?  Because if you really want to see the best Red Wings team possible it probably behooves us to be bad again next year.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The best team possible, or the best team possible next season?

Ummm...yes?

The league already has an Edmonton Oilers and a Buffalo Sabres. Stinking up the ice year in and year out hasn't  brought a bunch of hardware to either of those cities. ...it just makes them the brunt of a lot of jokes.

1 minute ago, solarion said:

Ummm...yes?

The league already has an Edmonton Oilers and a Buffalo Sabres. Stinking up the ice year in and year out hasn't  brought a bunch of hardware to either of those cities. ...it just makes them the brunt of a lot of jokes.

You think missing the playoffs for 3 years in a row will make us the Oilers?  Lol.  Alright man, you win. 

No, I think tanking on purpose could make the Wings into the Edmonton Oilers. They're highly unlikely to make the playoffs in 2018-2019 anyway. The only reason to intentionally ice an inferior team is to get a better draft day lottery ticket.