• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

2018-2019 Opening Night Roster - Dedicated to BlueAdams!

Rate this topic

Here are some lines IF Zetterberg plays and Glenny is traded. 

If we want Zadina and Rasmussen up, The cap will just not work if Zetterberg plays, UNLESS there is a trade like Nyquist or Glenny. Even after waiving Witko and Frk we are still $25,000 over the cap. 

If Zetterberg plays (which I have maintained all summer that he won't) there MUST be a trade or we will not see Zadina or Rasmussen up here. Until a LTIR injury of course.

Here is your roster WITH Zetterberg playing, no trade and of course no Zadina or Rasmussen...pathetic. (no, not lines, just roster)

Edited by LeftWinger

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.099e75fd5b87422361aacea0eab558a5.png

If we want Zadina and Rasmussen up, The cap will just not work if Zetterberg plays, UNLESS there is a trade like Nyquist or Glenny. Even after waiving Witko and Frk we are still $25,000 over the cap. 

If Zetterberg plays (which I have maintained all summer that he won't) there MUST be a trade or we will not see Zadina or Rasmussen up here. Until a LTIR injury of course.

Here is your roster WITH Zetterberg playing, no trade and of course no Zadina or Rasmussen...pathetic. (no, not lines, just roster)image.png.3cef5a7b1460066a4f98751fff283bd3.png

If we go with Khan's take, then Z "won't be ready" (i.e. is done) and all three of Rasmussen, Zadina, Hronek will be on the opening night roster.

Even if Z plays, we know Rasmussen is pretty much guaranteed to make the team out of camp. So, no matter what happens with Z, we're getting at least one new kid right away.

Z playing could indeed mean that Zadina starts the season in Grand Rapids, which would be disappointing. But he wouldn't be there long.

If Holland does decide to make a trade before the puck drops on Game 1, I'm thinking it's Jensen or Nyquist.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:07 PM, Dabura said:

If we go with Khan's take, then Z "won't be ready" (i.e. is done) and all three of Rasmussen, Zadina, Hronek will be on the opening night roster.

Even if Z plays, we know Rasmussen is pretty much guaranteed to make the team out of camp. So, no matter what happens with Z, we're getting at least one new kid right away.

Z playing could indeed mean that Zadina starts the season in Grand Rapids, which would be disappointing. But he wouldn't be there long.

If Holland does decide to make a trade before the puck drops on Game 1, I'm thinking it's Jensen or Nyquist.

No cap room for Rasmussen without a trade or waiving Frk.

If Zetterberg plays, there WILL HAVE to be a trade in order to promote Rasmussen. If no trade, then no kids. Period. Unless you waive BOTH Witko and Frk. 

Basically if Zetterberg plays, no kids. If Zetterberg LTIR, Three kids at least.

Edited by LeftWinger

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

image.thumb.png.be935f7b0b0412cdc5d5474236125183.png

If Zetterberg plays, there WILL HAVE to be a trade in order to promote Rasmussen. If no trade, then no kids. Period. Unless you waive BOTH Witko and Frk. 

Basically if Zetterberg plays, no kids. If Zetterberg LTIR, Three kids at least.

I'd gladly waive Frk and Witkowski, and a surprising amount of others on this team as well

But you are correct. If Zberg plays the team will have to explore trade options. Custance says he's already heard that from 1 Red Wings source.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.099e75fd5b87422361aacea0eab558a5.png

Here is your roster WITH Zetterberg playing, no trade and of course no Zadina or Rasmussen...pathetic. (no, not lines, just roster)image.png.3cef5a7b1460066a4f98751fff283bd3.png

Kicking Z and Trading Glenny is not required to make room. As was said, there are waiver and trade options to make room.

We waived Frk two years ago for AA. Then we spent 80% of last year force feeding him one-timers on the PP and he scored the same number of goals as Glendening. If it comes to it we will waive Frk to make room for Rasmussen. 

Also, there is already room under the cap to fit Hicketts, and replacing Frk would allow us to upgrade to Hronek instead. Or if we kept Hicketts, and instead replaced Jensen with Hronek, we could then waive Witko for Zadina. Or we could also do that without replacing Jensen if Frk was claimed by someone (though I don't see much reason to keep Jensen). 

In short, Ras will be on the team, as will one of Hicketts or Hronek. Frk and Zadina will depend on Zetterberg/other injuries/trades. 

3 minutes ago, Buppy said:

We waived Frk two years ago for AA. Then we spent 80% of last year force feeding him one-timers on the PP and he scored the same number of goals as Glendening. If it comes to it we will waive Frk to make room for Rasmussen. 

Also, there is already room under the cap to fit Hicketts, and replacing Frk would allow us to upgrade to Hronek instead. Or if we kept Hicketts, and instead replaced Jensen with Hronek, we could then waive Witko for Zadina. Or we could also do that without replacing Jensen if Frk was claimed by someone (though I don't see much reason to keep Jensen). 

In short, Ras will be on the team, as will one of Hicketts or Hronek. Frk and Zadina will depend on Zetterberg/other injuries/trades. 

Right.

We've finally reached that point where NHL virgins making the team out of camp is something to be expected. It's a brave new world.

I agree, there are a lot of scenarios and options. Which is why the sky is not falling.  I'd love a way to keep Frk and Witko as our extras and have all of Rasmussen, Zadina and Hronek on the team. Ufortunately, that will only be an option at the expense of Zetterberg LTIR or a Trade of some significant salary. ie...Nyquist.  BUT I, as all of you do, believe that Nyquist value will be highest at the TDL, so we'll see what happens come October.

I agree, there are a lot of scenarios and options. Which is why the sky is not falling.  I'd love a way to keep Frk and Witko as our extras and have all of Rasmussen, Zadina and Hronek on the team. Ufortunately, that will only be an option at the expense of Zetterberg LTIR or a Trade of some significant salary. ie...Nyquist.  BUT I, as all of you do, believe that Nyquist value will be highest at the TDL, so we'll see what happens come October.

Personally, I'm expecting an injury or two in training camp. Deus ex machina, baybee.

So, now that all of you are on the same dial as I am/was with Zetterberg, what do you say for lineups?

I'm going with my original (except Larkin at a bit more cap hit) with Rasmussen, Zadina and Hronek being the roster winners. I know Blashill said he will put AA at 3rd line center, so that'll change things up a bit. 

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So, now that all of you are on the same dial as I am/was with Zetterberg, what do you say for lineups?

I'm going with my original (except Larkin at a bit more cap hit) with Rasmussen, Zadina and Hronek being the roster winners. I know Blashill said he will put AA at 3rd line center, so that'll change things up a bit. 

Have to assume Rasmussen, Zadina, Hronek all make the cut.

It's also worth pointing out that decidedly fringue guys now have an easier path to claiming a roster spot. Specifically: (one or two of) Pope, Hicketts, Sulak, Cholowski, Svechnikov. Maybe Svechnikov outplays Zadina in camp and pushes Zadina down to the AHL.

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg 

Fedorov - Yzerman - Shanahan

Hull - Robataille - Zadina

McCarty - Draper - Maltby 

White - Witkowski

Dekeyser - Ericsson

Smith - Marchenko 

(Lashoff)

MacDonald

Lamothe 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

They really lubed us up for the s*** news didn't they

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg 

Fedorov - Yzerman - Shanahan

Hull - Robataille - Zadina

McCarty - Draper - Maltby 

White - Witkowski

Dekeyser - Ericsson

Smith - Marchenko 

(Lashoff)

MacDonald

Lamothe 

No way Lamothe gets the nod over Maracle.

Speaking of Norm, definitely a starter for the all-time "fitness be damned" team. Guy played at 5-9, almost 200lbs.

norm-maracle-c5086c49-6cc6-4d46-ac27-ee97faba7b5-resize-750.jpeg

Edited by WhiteLightning91

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm not. It's not official that Z is "done". He'll miss training camp and the start of the season. That's all that's been said about it. Even if Z is done, it had nothing to do with Larkin's contract.

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm not. It's not official that Z is "done". He'll miss training camp and the start of the season. That's all that's been said about it. Even if Z is done, it had nothing to do with Larkin's contract.

Now that Z is done, everyone's contract on the team has become more affordable and thus more team-friendly.

Zberg was a burden and relief of his cap is a good thing.