Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

2nd thoughts?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

For the first time in a long time, I feel the roller coaster ride we are on is bottoming out and heading for an incline.  When is it ok to stop rooting for draft picks and start hoping we make the playoffs and compete?  I'm saying 2 more seasons of low finishes to shore up on defense prospects, then we get out the octopi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

For the first time in a long time, I feel the roller coaster ride we are on is bottoming out and heading for an incline.  When is it ok to stop rooting for draft picks and start hoping we make the playoffs and compete?  I'm saying 2 more seasons of low finishes to shore up on defense prospects, then we get out the octopi.

mr-bean-falling-asleep-roller-coaster-sn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

For the first time in a long time, I feel the roller coaster ride we are on is bottoming out and heading for an incline.  When is it ok to stop rooting for draft picks and start hoping we make the playoffs and compete?  I'm saying 2 more seasons of low finishes to shore up on defense prospects, then we get out the octopi.

I can't believe we actually agree on something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

For the first time in a long time, I feel the roller coaster ride we are on is bottoming out and heading for an incline.  When is it ok to stop rooting for draft picks and start hoping we make the playoffs and compete?  I'm saying 2 more seasons of low finishes to shore up on defense prospects, then we get out the octopi.

I'm saying one more season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm saying one more season.

I'm feeling you because I've had a few pops at lunch, but the brain lobes that are still functioning right are saying wohhhhh and pulling on the reins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'm feeling you because I've had a few pops at lunch, but the brain lobes that are still functioning right are saying wohhhhh and pulling on the reins!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I think we're going to be contenders or even make the playoffs after this season. All I'm saying is that this should be the last year we should be "rooting for draft picks". Our goal in 2019-20 should be to start to trend upward and (hopefully) make the playoffs. I think we're at least a few years away before we're a legit contender again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I think we're going to be contenders or even make the playoffs after this season. All I'm saying is that this should be the last year we should be "rooting for draft picks". Our goal in 2019-20 should be to start to trend upward and (hopefully) make the playoffs. I think we're at least a few years away before we're a legit contender again.

 

Same page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And I just sat down to lunch too...

I could eat a large meal with dessert, and have after dinner drinks while someone barfs their brains out...That's what happens when you work in healthcare for 20 some years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

1289306930_rollercoaster-throw-up.gif

This ones better.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I could eat a large meal with dessert, and have after dinner drinks while someone barfs their brains out...That's what happens when you work in healthcare for 20 some years...

Yep. You haven't seen it all until you've seen a shredded penis after its gone thru a shattered windshield.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This ones better.

giphy.gif

Yep. You haven't seen it all until you've seen a shredded penis after its gone thru a shattered windshield.

Nuthin wrong with 'milkshakes'...

A penis going thru a windshield - have not  seen 1 of them yet...But brains/guts/etc - yup seen plenty of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure any of them are, technically. Tag Bertuzzi has Michigan ties of course with his dad, and I do believe Jack Hughes is attending Michigan?

But heck, all of the USA NTDP players have ties to Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tag Bertuzzi...Never heard of him before so I looked up to see if he was Tylers brother by chance, nope but his cousin and Todd's son...Anyone know his game or what he brings to the table?  I find it funny he's so high up currently with only two points as a LW.  I must say though, I do love the Bertuzzi's.  Loved Todd and love Tyler so I assume Id love Tag too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Tag Bertuzzi...Never heard of him before so I looked up to see if he was Tylers brother by chance, nope but his cousin and Todd's son...Anyone know his game or what he brings to the table?  I find it funny he's so high up currently with only two points as a LW.  I must say though, I do love the Bertuzzi's.  Loved Todd and love Tyler so I assume Id love Tag too

Center who shoots right. Turned 17 in Feb. Already 190 lbs and 6'0".

Needs to have a big season this year in the OHL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

One more year...we have to try to get Jack Hughes, it's imperative!

BTW, here is the initial top 19 ranked kids for 2019:

image.thumb.png.2294db49412a853ef0d78e33b96e0741.png

after this draft, then we can start making the playoffs.

Cozens is the play I want, unless a defenseman really emerges as a top guy this season. Very weak draft on D...

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Center who shoots right  left. Turned 17 in Feb. Already 190 lbs and 6'0".

Needs to have a big season this year in the OHL

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

One more year...we have to try to get Jack Hughes, it's imperative!

BTW, here is the initial top 19 ranked kids for 2019:

image.thumb.png.2294db49412a853ef0d78e33b96e0741.png

after this draft, then we can start making the playoffs.

LOL what's the point of the 1/4 inch height increments? Player A is 5' 11", he's too small. But player B is 5' 11 1/4". Let's take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Cozens is the play I want, unless a defenseman really emerges as a top guy this season. Very weak draft on D...

Fixed.

Weird. Hockey database says he shoots R. Elite prospects says he shoots L.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=208548

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this