• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

2nd thoughts?

Rate this topic

On 7/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, krsmith17 said:

I'm saying one more season.

Pretty much this, though I could see the argument of 2 more years.

Ideally we can land a legit top tier C or a 1A d-man with a top 5 pick in June 2019.

The nice thing is we lose a TON of cap in two years and if the right UFA comes around on D, and guys like Hronek/Chow hit their ceiling, I think we can put out a good D to go along with our promising forwards.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:00 PM, F.Michael said:

Nuthin wrong with 'milkshakes'...

A penis going thru a windshield - have not  seen 1 of them yet...But brains/guts/etc - yup seen plenty of that.

After I witnessed it, I always thought they should use it at Driver's Ed classes. No guy will ever Drink and Drive or neglect to buckle up after seeing that!

On 7/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

LOL what's the point of the 1/4 inch height increments? Player A is 5' 11", he's too small. But player B is 5' 11 1/4". Let's take him.

I'M STILL GROWING GUYS!!  DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!!! THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!!!

Anyone actually think we are going to get even as good as 6th again? Anything can happen with the lottery but if we end up with top 10 odds I'd be surprised. With Vanek, Rasmussen, and Zadina I think we probably added 40-50 goals this year. That puts us pretty far out of the running for a high pick let alone #1 unless we pull our goalie with 10 minutes left every game.

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

flamescaca.jpg

C - A - C - A.....I get it.

1 hour ago, Z and D for the C said:

Anyone actually think we are going to get even as good as 6th again? Anything can happen with the lottery but if we end up with top 10 odds I'd be surprised. With Vanek, Rasmussen, and Zadina I think we probably added 40-50 goals this year. That puts us pretty far out of the running for a high pick let alone #1 unless we pull our goalie with 10 minutes left every game.

Haven't you heard? We're gonna "Slack & Lose" for Jack Hughes.

Also, considering the quality of prospects that went 11 and 12 this past draft, I am not really concerned even if we finish out of the top 10. Its supposed to be another deep draft.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

22 hours ago, Z and D for the C said:

Yes, but for two years now, a team outside the top 10 jumped up to the top 2. I think if we finished 11 or 12, we'd soar right up to 1 or 2!  2017 Flyers went form 13 to 2 and 2018 Canes went from 11 to 2.

21 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Also, considering the quality of prospects that went 11 and 12 this past draft, I am not really concerned even if we finish out of the top 10. Its supposed to be another deep draft.

You are absolutely right, just look at 10-15, I think ANY team would be overwhelmingly happy to draft any of these players!

image.png.280214492619e1144273b7063c866538.png

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, but for two years now, a team outside the top 10 jumped up to the top 2. I think if we finished 11 or 12, we'd soar right up to 1 or 2!  2017 Flyers went form 13 to 2 and 2018 Canes went from 11 to 2.

You are absolutely right, just look at 10-15, I think ANY team would be overwhelmingly happy to draft any of these players!

image.png.280214492619e1144273b7063c866538.png

I think Dellandrea may have been a bit of a reach at 13, but other than that I agree.

Still disappointed we didn't trade up for Bouchard or Dobson when they dropped, but if we did we probably wouldn't have Veleno, Berggren or McIsaac +, so whatever...

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Dellandrea may have been a bit of a reach at 13, but other than that I agree.

Still disappointed we didn't trade up for Bouchard or Dobson when they dropped, but if we did we probably wouldn't have Veleno, Berggren or McIsaac +, so whatever...

Having Zadina fall put a wrench in Holland's plans. He was probably going D, but the we had no choice but to draft Zadina. Our hands were forced. Darn..... :lol:

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Having Zadina fall put a wrench in Holland's plans. He was probably going D, but the we had no choice but to draft Zadina. Our hands were forced. Darn..... :lol:

Agreed. I bet he had Hughes teed up and the driver on the downswing already.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Same thing happened at 30. After Zadina, I'm sure Holland was going to go best D available at 30. Then Veleno happened. I think Berggren might have been the plan at 30 originally, but Veleno was too good to pass up and there were still a couple good D left at 33 to take Berggren then. I'll take Zadina/Veleno over Hughes/Berggren anytime. Would rather have gotten Wilde than McIsaac, but meh at this point.

The Wings will have a lot of expiring contracts that can be traded for picks in the next two years too. Nyquist, Vanek, Ericsson, Howard, Kronwall, Daley, Green should give them a nice haul of picks for the next two drafts. I’m hoping for a bottom five finish this year with waaaay more scoring

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed. I bet he had Hughes teed up and the driver on the downswing already.

which now means he'll be a trade target for Holland in the coming couple of seasons! :ninja:

26 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

The Wings will have a lot of expiring contracts that can be traded for picks in the next two years too. Nyquist, Vanek, Ericsson, Howard, Kronwall, Daley, Green should give them a nice haul of picks for the next two drafts. I’m hoping for a bottom five finish this year with waaaay more scoring

Of those, I really do not see Vanek, Kronwall or Ericsson being traded.

Nyquist could get us a 1st this TDL, Howard may bring us a couple conditional picks depending on his performance after the trade, Daley could bring us a nice return, Green may bring us a 1st or 2nd in 2020.

I don't see Vanek being dealt because he specifically asked for the NTC because he was tired of jumping from team to team the last couple of seasons. Although I know NTC's are waived all the time, he just may be tired of moving around. (plus I still feel that he was an insurance signing to cover Z's ultimate departure...)

Kronwall is just too broken, plus he is one of those legacy Wings that just won't be dealt, much like Z is. Which brings up another subject, when Kronner retires, he may have played about 940-950 games with the Wings, would there be any consideration to putting #55 up in the rafters? Probably not, especially since 96 isn't being considered. IS it? I honestly think 96 should go up, but hey, that's me.

Unless Ericsson picks it up even more this year and next, I am not so sure any team would be interested in him. Besides, if he does pick it up even more so from last season, he'd be a great bottom pairing guy to keep around until his contract expires.

The one I am most excited to see the return on is Nyquist. Plenty of contending teams are always in need of solid secondary scoring, and on the right team, he may even be a top line skater. Rumors were that Boston, Pit and Chicago were all asking about him last TDL, maybe he'll be in demand even more this TDL. Even if he got traded, I could easily see Holland signing him come July for a nice team friendlier deal around $2M-$3M for a season or two.

I could see Howard being dealt for a pick, but goalies aren't moved too often at the TDL unless a team has a couple of goalies hurt. I could also see he re-signing here come July, again, for a team friendly hit of $2M-$3M.

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Of those, I really do not see Vanek, Kronwall or Ericsson being traded.

Nyquist could get us a 1st this TDL, Howard may bring us a couple conditional picks depending on his performance after the trade, Daley could bring us a nice return, Green may bring us a 1st or 2nd in 2020.

I don't see Vanek being dealt because he specifically asked for the NTC because he was tired of jumping from team to team the last couple of seasons. Although I know NTC's are waived all the time, he just may be tired of moving around. (plus I still feel that he was an insurance signing to cover Z's ultimate departure...)

Kronwall is just too broken, plus he is one of those legacy Wings that just won't be dealt, much like Z is. Which brings up another subject, when Kronner retires, he may have played about 940-950 games with the Wings, would there be any consideration to putting #55 up in the rafters? Probably not, especially since 96 isn't being considered. IS it? I honestly think 96 should go up, but hey, that's me.

Unless Ericsson picks it up even more this year and next, I am not so sure any team would be interested in him. Besides, if he does pick it up even more so from last season, he'd be a great bottom pairing guy to keep around until his contract expires.

The one I am most excited to see the return on is Nyquist. Plenty of contending teams are always in need of solid secondary scoring, and on the right team, he may even be a top line skater. Rumors were that Boston, Pit and Chicago were all asking about him last TDL, maybe he'll be in demand even more this TDL. Even if he got traded, I could easily see Holland signing him come July for a nice team friendlier deal around $2M-$3M for a season or two.

I could see Howard being dealt for a pick, but goalies aren't moved too often at the TDL unless a team has a couple of goalies hurt. I could also see he re-signing here come July, again, for a team friendly hit of $2M-$3M.

Yep.

Disagree with you here. If Howard is healthy, the return would be pretty good for a playoff needing a starting goalie. I don't think a 2nd would be out of the question.

With a small amount of salary retained, E is absolutely tradeable.

Considering what KH got for Tatar, I don't think a 1st is a reach. Keep in mind tho, that if the Wings are hovering around the playoffs come TDL time, Nyquist won't be traded.

Green and Daley aren't going anywhere.

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I honestly don't see a scenario where Howard or Ericsson get traded either. Not that they shouldn't, just that it won't happen.

Agreed.  I'm just hoping for not re-signed.

The only current D that might get re-signed is DD. Green, Daley, and E will all be much older and less effective by that time, time to let go. Kronwall will retire at the end of his contract. Jensen can easily be replaced by younger/cheaper D who are just as effective.

Future D corp should be: DD, Cholowski, Hronek, McIsaac, Lindstrom and maybe Saarajarvi.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The only current D that might get re-signed is DD. Green, Daley, and E will all be much older and less effective by that time, time to let go. Kronwall will retire at the end of his contract. Jensen can easily be replaced by younger/cheaper D who are just as effective.

Future D corp should be: DD, Cholowski, Hronek, McIsaac, Lindstrom and maybe Saarajarvi.

I agree, but unless at least two of those defensemen take huge leaps over the next few years, that D corp is BAD. We're definitely going to need to add at least two legit top pair defensemen to that group, via draft, trade or free agency...

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree, but unless at least two of those defensemen take huge leaps over the next few years, that D corp is BAD. We're definitely going to need to add at least two legit top pair defensemen to that group, via draft, trade or free agency...

There is a chance only the first 2 even play.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

True. We'll be lucky if any of them turn into legit top pair D. I think the bottom 4 will be pretty solid tho. A trade will probably have to be made to bring in a top pair D, but Holland should have the assets to do that assuming he doesn't go after someone crazy like Karlsson. That's why I am not really worried about it. This team should be stacked up front in a couple of years to where they can afford to give up a legit scoring forward and 1st round pick.