• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Which Goalie Will Have The Better Season?

Rate this topic

Goalie Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No it won't. Lets assume the season plays out exactly as it has so far... Carolina will be releasing Mrazek regardless of whether they buy out Darling or not.

It's not like they are gonna buy out one bad goalie only to re-sign another bad goalie. Bad players get cut. That's a pretty easy concept.

If Petr wants to continue his NHL career he's going to need to seriously up his game. I do not agree that someone would take him on waivers right now.

I wasn't saying Carolina was planning to re-sign Mrazek after this season. But if he was to play well enough in a backup role he may have gotten another year. That was probably the plan heading into the season, but Darling and Mrazek both going down with injuries forced them into picking up McElhinney, who is turning out to be a steal. Now there's a problem. Darling being unmoveable and McEllinney having taken the starters job may force Mrazek out, even though it seems like that's not the one they want to let go. They don't seem to be planning on keeping three goalies on the NHL roster. Like i said, we'll see. Hard to up your game when you've barely played. He might get taken on waivers, or he clears and goes to Charlotte. That could be a good thing for him as well, he'll get a lot more playing time, and can work on his game. 

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

I wasn't saying Carolina was planning to re-sign Mrazek after this season. But if he was to play well enough in a backup role he may have gotten another year. That was probably the plan heading into the season, but Darling and Mrazek both going down with injuries forced them into picking up McElhinney, who is turning out to be a steal. Now there's a problem. Darling being unmoveable and McEllinney having taken the starters job may force Mrazek out, even though it seems like that's not the one they want to let go. They don't seem to be planning on keeping three goalies on the NHL roster. Like i said, we'll see. Hard to up your game when you've barely played. He might get taken on waivers, or he clears and goes to Charlotte. That could be a good thing for him as well, he'll get a lot more playing time, and can work on his game. 

First bold: You are being ridiculous. They want to let both Darling AND Mrazek go.

Second bold: You used the same excuse for Mraz when he was with Detroit. Dude has sucked whether you give him minutes or not. I don't understand how you are not seeing that.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First bold: You are being ridiculous. They want to let both Darling AND Mrazek go.

Second bold: You used the same excuse for Mraz when he was with Detroit. Dude has sucked whether you give him minutes or not. I don't understand how you are not seeing that.

What makes you think they want to let both go? Have you read that somewhere? They need a backup. And McElhinney, as great as he's been for them, has been a journeyman backup for most of his career. Can he handle a full season starter's workload? Letting both go wouldn't be the best decision. What would they do, roll with Mac and a prospect? Mrazek makes $1.5 million on a one year deal, hardly breaking the bank. 

18 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

What makes you think they want to let both go? Have you read that somewhere? They need a backup. And McElhinney, as great as he's been for them, has been a journeyman backup for most of his career. Can he handle a full season starter's workload? Letting both go wouldn't be the best decision. What would they do, roll with Mac and a prospect? Mrazek makes $1.5 million on a one year deal, hardly breaking the bank. 

1Q: Cause they're both bad
2Q: No
"They need a back up." Correct
"And McE..." Correct
3Q: IDK
Letting both go wouldn't be the best..." Agreed
4Q: No, probably trade for someone
5Q: Agreed

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok Chapsy, you were right that they prefer Mraz, Carolina is officially burying Darlings contract and Mrazek will be the backup.

They're probably gonna buy out Darling this summer and go into UFA with only a 36 year old career back up McElhinney on the book lol yikes

Wow. Wasn't expecting that, honestly. I knew they weren't happy after giving Darling that big payday and him falling apart on them, but figured his contract had him stuck there. They now have a tandem worth a combined $2.35 million on an NHL roster. Steals and deals for days.  Poor Scott:

“It just doesn’t make any sense to have three goalies and the other two deserve to be here right now,” general manager Don Waddell said Thursday. “It’s clear he’s the third guy. Whether I’m paying him to play for Carolina or paying him to play in Charlotte, I’d rather have him playing in case something happens and we need a goalie.

“These decisions are not made easily. There’s a business we have to run. We’re in the business to win hockey games. Contracts are contracts but when it comes to wins and losses you can’t put a dollar value on it.”

Arizona claimed Pickard off waivers from Philly. Guess they were looking for a goalie. And what the hell is with Philly and the goalie graveyard of doom? Can ANYONE play well in net there? Cursed since Hextall manned the nets himself. He was fired the other day too. lol