• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 Prospect Tournament and Training Camp

Rate this topic

The dates, and times for the 2018 Red Wings Prospect Tournament and Training Camp in Traverse City have been announced.

https://www.centreice.org/page/show/481457-drw-events

2018 NHL Prospect Tournament
September 7 - 11, 2018

DRW Golf Classic
September 13, 2018
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Detroit Red Wings Training Camp
September 14 -18 , 2018
Alumi Game - Saturday September 15 - 7:00pm
Red & White Game -
Sunday September 16 - Time TBA

Tickets went on sale at 10 am this morning. You can purchase here:

https://www.centreice.org/drwticket

I bought mine already. Looking forward to attending the Prospect Tournament and Alumni Game for the first time this year.

Ticket Prices:

DRW Training Camp Ticket Prices

Friday, September 14 
 Practice/Scrimmage - 9:30am

Reserved - $ 20, Standing Room - $ 10, Mezzanine - $20

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 15  
Practice/Scrimmage - 9:30am

Reserved - $25, Standing Room - $15, Mezzanine - $25

Saturday, September 15
DRW Alumni vs Guns N Hoses Game - 7:00pm

Reserved - $35, Standing Room - $25

Sunday, September 16  
Red & White Game - 12:00pm

Reserved - $35, Standing Room - $20, Mezzanine - $35

Monday, September 17 - Practice - 9:30am
General Admission - $10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 18 - Practice - 9:30am
General Admission - $10

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

21 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

What sense does a "training camp" make, that lasts only 4 days? :confused1:

The kids already went thru the Development Camp in June/July and they'll participate in the Prospect Tournament the week before the Training Camp. It's more like 2 weeks altogether over the summer for them, then preseason games. They don't really need training camp to be any longer. As for the vets, they're already on the roster, plus they'll get some preseason time as well. Training Camp is more like pre-season prep for them.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

LastWordOnHockey Ranks Red Wings Prospects

1. Zadina
2. Rasmussen
3. Hronek
4. Veleno
5. Cholowski
6. McIsaac
7. Svechnikov
8. Berggren
9. Lindstrom
10. Saarijarvi
Sleeper: Larsson

Interesting. Pretty close to how I'd rate them...probably I flip Hronek and Veleno. That's pretty high up the depth chart to put McIsaac, but I like him, so no complaints here...dood seems like a steal at 36.

4 minutes ago, solarion said:

Interesting. Pretty close to how I'd rate them...probably I flip Hronek and Veleno. That's pretty high up the depth chart to put McIsaac, but I like him, so no complaints here...dood seems like a steal at 36.

I'd have Veleno ahead of Hronek AND Rasmussen, but that's just me...

That's a tough call though, given that Rasmussen is almost a certainty to begin the year wearing a winged wheel...he's more of a known quantity at this point. Course if he stinks up the ice I'll have no trouble putting Veleno ahead of him. Either way the prospect pool obviously took a huge leap forward with that last draft.

...and McIsaac? Opinions on Jared being ahead of Svech and Berggren?

13 minutes ago, solarion said:

That's a tough call though, given that Rasmussen is almost a certainty to begin the year wearing a winged wheel...he's more of a known quantity at this point. Course if he stinks up the ice I'll have no trouble putting Veleno ahead of him. Either way the prospect pool obviously took a huge leap forward with that last draft.

I think McIsaac was extremely undervalued at the draft by all 31 teams, which is why he's flown somewhat under the radar among fans.

IMO he may very well end up surpassing more than a few of the Dmen taken ahead of him. McIsaac had a lot of hype around the CHL when he was a youngen in that league. That petered out as he got closer and closer to draft eligibility. I think that's because he evolved to play somewhat of a boring game like a Brad Stuart type.

Basically, I put him in the same box as Veleno and Zadina. Another guy that should've never fallen into our hands, but thank you jeebus that he did.

Yeah, I was ecstatic when the Wings finally took him of the board at 36. I'd probably have taken him ahead of Berggren, but there were so many bargains to be had late 1st/early 2nd, at this point I think the Wings killed it with their picks. 

46 minutes ago, solarion said:

I guess that depends on how you rank prospects. If you rank them on NHL readiness, sure, Rasmussen would be ahead of Veleno, not even debatable. If you rank them on what you project them to become in 3-5 years (which I do), Veleno would be ahead of Rasmussen in my opinion. I think Veleno is just the better all around player. I expect him to have a much better year this year with Drummondville than Ras did last year with Tri-City, and he will quickly be regarded as a higher end prospect, within the next calendar year in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think McIsaac was extremely undervalued at the draft by all 31 teams, which is why he's flown somewhat under the radar among fans.

IMO he may very well end up surpassing more than a few of the Dmen taken ahead of him. McIsaac had a lot of hype around the CHL when he was a youngen in that league. That petered out as he got closer and closer to draft eligibility. I think that's because he evolved to play somewhat of a boring game like a Brad Stuart type.

Basically, I put him in the same box as Veleno and Zadina. Another guy that should've never fallen into our hands, but thank you jeebus that he did.

Yeah, McIsaac was one of the defensemen I really wanted the Wings to take pre-draft, and was happy to see him fall to them at 36. I would have liked to take another defenseman (Wilde) at 33, but it's hard to complain about the Berggren pick.

Yeah, I think I heard somewhere that he was once (maybe a couple years ago) thought to be a top 5 pick in his draft year. We managed to get him at 36, which is incredible. 

Just haven't seen Veleno playing against pros yet and Rasmussen killed it in the playoffs...albeit on the wing.

I hope you're right and Veleno does continue to develop. Certainly he has the potential to wind up more valuable to the organization.

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, McIsaac was one of the defensemen I really wanted the Wings to take pre-draft, and was happy to see him fall to them at 36. I would have liked to take another defenseman (Wilde) at 33, but it's hard to complain about the Berggren pick.

Yeah, I think I heard somewhere that he was once (maybe a couple years ago) thought to be a top 5 pick in his draft year. We managed to get him at 36, which is incredible. 

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. There was talk at one point of him being the best Dman in his age group.

Tickets arrived in 2 days. Got the exact seats I wanted. Looking forward to it. Splurging on hotel accommodations this year. Going up into the UP between Prospect Tournament and Training Camp. Should be fun.

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, McIsaac... It's not a big stretch to say we basically picked four times in the first round.

That's what an unusually deep draft class can do for you, I guess. And the 2019 class is looking just as deep.

HYPE!

Question: How many of those 4 get picked before Rass in last year's draft?

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's a difficult question. One for sure, Zadina. Maybe Veleno. Rasmussen was projected to go around 12 by most "experts" in last year's (weaker) draft, and Veleno was projected to go around 12 by most "experts" in this year's (stronger) draft. I still think the Wings would have taken Rasmussen last year over Veleno because for whatever reason they were determined to get bigger last year, even if it was at the expense of getting higher end skill. As you know, I would have taken Veleno over Ras, but (right or wrong) I'm not so sure the Wings brass would have... Either way, I think they're thrilled to have both players, and hopefully both pan out to be top six centers / wingers. As for the other two, I don't think either Berggren or McIsaac would have gone ahead of any of the other three, but I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that both would have likely been late 1st round picks in last year's draft.

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Tickets arrived in 2 days. Got the exact seats I wanted. Looking forward to it. Splurging on hotel accommodations this year. Going up into the UP between Prospect Tournament and Training Camp. Should be fun.

Congrats, enjoy yourself. I thought about going, but can't swing it with the work schedule...love me some Traverse City though. ...wine tours <hiccup>

Probably only Zadina goes ahead of Rasmussen all five were in the same draft imo.

Right now?

Rasmussen > Veleno

Rasmussen's post draft campaign was stellar, I say that with his playoff performance in mind. Rasmussen is going to be better than Mantha. If you were high on Mantha, let that sink in. Rasmussen is Mantha, minus the weak compete level, and minus the fear of going to the dirty areas.

Veleno will hopefully be stellar too, but there's a reason Ras is being considered for the team this year and Veleno is mostly ruled out, barring a crazy camp performance. Ras is the better player right now. To his credit, he's a year ahead.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Right now?

Rasmussen > Veleno

Rasmussen's post draft campaign was stellar, I say that with his playoff performance in mind. Rasmussen is going to be better than Mantha. If you were high on Mantha, let that sink in. Rasmussen is Mantha, minus the weak compete level, and minus the fear of going to the dirty areas.

Veleno will hopefully be stellar too, but there's a reason Ras is being considered for the team this year and Veleno is mostly ruled out, barring a crazy camp performance. Ras is the better player right now. To his credit, he's a year ahead.

The reason is that Rasmussen is a year older / a year ahead in his development, not because he's necessarily a better player / prospect now or in the future.

As for Rasmussen being a better player than Mantha, I wouldn't bet on that either. It's possible, sure, but where Ras may have the edge in compete level, Mantha has the edge in overall skill. I also don't really buy into all the Mantha is lazy bulls***. The same fans that say that about Mantha, will say the same about Rasmussen, just because bigger players often get labeled as floaters because they appear to be putting in minimal effort, which simply isn't the case (all the time).

In Rasmussen's draft+1 year, he put up 92 points (47 goals, 45 assists) in 61 games (regular season and playoffs). Not bad at all, especially considering the elite performance he had in the playoffs. In Mantha's draft+1 year, he put up 158 points (81 goals, 77 assists) in 81 games (regular season and playoffs). The Q is a higher scoring league than the W, but Rasmussen also had more help in Tri-City than Mantha did in Val d'Or. Mantha was far and away his teams best player, and he carried them all the way to the President's Cup. Rasmussen wasn't even the best player on his team last year, arguably 3rd or 4th best.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:25 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Zadina, definitely. Veleno, 50/50. Berggren, unlikely but possible. (Eeli Tolvanen slid to 30th.) McIsaac, nah.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I also don't really buy into all the Mantha is lazy bulls***.

He isn't lazy, but he does need to work on being consistently engaged and such.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/08/03/jeff-blashill-sparked-detroit-red-wings-anthony-mantha-better/898001002/

Rasmussen seems more self-aware in that regard and pretty hard on himself. (People have said he's a Captain Serious type.) Maybe that propels him to superstar status, maybe it ultimately doesn't give him much of an edge over any given top-six forward. Dunno. It's early days. *shrug*

Overall, I could see Mantha and Rasmussen becoming sort of two sides of the same big-bodied goal-scorer coin. If Rasmussen's a perennial 30-goal-scorer, he's doing it in greasy fashion in Tomas Holmstrom's Office. If Mantha's a perennial 30-goal-scorer, he's doing it as an elite shooter a la Max Pacioretty.

Edited by Dabura

I guess you could make a case for Rasmussen's game being more conducive to big-time success at the NHL level. We've all knocked Blashill for using Mantha in a net-front role on the power play, but Blashill's not wrong when he says that's where you need to go if you want score lots of goals at the NHL level. We've badly needed an elite sniper for years now, but we've also badly needed a crease-crasher.

At the end of the day, I'm happy we have both Mantha and Rasmussen.