• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 Prospect Tournament and Training Camp

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Love that extra "very". By my calculation that should mean that he turns out 33.333333% better than Mantha. I'd accept that. 

I think he'll be 33.333333% as good as Mantha, which is still pretty f***ing good. Mantha will be a 35-35-70 player... You do the math. I'm way too drunk...

You know that little star you have to click on to go into the thread? It took be 10 minutes to get in here... Don't even ask how long it took me to write this response... Thank you auto-correct... 

I love you @The 91 of Ryans even if you're way too high on your boy Ras and not near high enough on my boy Veleno...

People should be high on Rasmussen because he’s going to finish the tournament as the Wings best player. Him and Cholo are very underrated prospects around the league. I think that’s why fans try not to be overly optimistic about their potential. It takes a few years before people forget about their draft day coverage of the prospect

33 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

People should be high on Rasmussen because he’s going to finish the tournament as the Wings best player. Him and Cholo are very underrated prospects around the league. I think that’s why fans try not to be overly optimistic about their potential. It takes a few years before people forget about their draft day coverage of the prospect

Also because they were drafted in positions they weren’t supposed to be so it doesn’t click with fans that they may actually be good. 

Like Rasmussen over Vilardi and Cholo being picked 20th pissed people off and there’s still some inner shade.

Cholowski currently leading in points. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, joesuffP said:

What makes you think he will be the Wings best player in the tournament? I don't think he was the best player in either of the first two games. He played better last night, but I'd still say Zadina, Veleno, Cholowski and McIsaac have been as good or better in the first two games. It is kind of telling though that when Rasmussen was switched from center to wing at the end of the first game and all of the second game, that he looked more noticeable out there. Same thing happened when he was switched to wing in last year's playoffs. He's definitely more suited on the wing in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Also because they were drafted in positions they weren’t supposed to be so it doesn’t click with fans that they may actually be good. 

Like Rasmussen over Vilardi and Cholo being picked 20th pissed people off and there’s still some inner shade.

Cholowski and Veleno should have the lead with 4 points a piece, but for whatever reason Rasmussen was credited with the 2nd assist on the 2nd goal last night. It was clearly Veleno that passed the puck to Cholowski, not Rasmussen.

Ras was still taking key face offs. In my opinion he’s the most mature forward. He’s versatile, really good hockey sense for a 19 year old, safe in both ends and he puts up numbers. That’s why Blashill will love him and he’ll get lots of minutes

Edited by joesuffP

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Prospects drafted that are considered ‘steals’ by the media = loved 

Prospects chosen that are considered going ‘off the board’ = hated

see Veleno love and Ras hate

3 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Prospects drafted that are considered ‘steals’ by the media = loved 

Prospects chosen that are considered going ‘off the board’ = hated

see Veleno love and Ras hate

Who's hating on Rasmussen? He's one of our top prospects. He'll likely be a fixture in our top six for the next 10-15 years. He has the potential to be one of the better net front guys in the NHL. The only "hate" I've heard on Rasmussen is that he's probably better suited to play on the wing than at center...

I would have liked to have taken Vilardi over Rasmussen, but I don't think about that when evaluating Ras as a player, and I doubt many people do.

I wasn't a fan of the Cholowski pick but he's one of my favorite prospects now. I think he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even top pair two-way defenseman.

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who's hating on Rasmussen? He's one of our top prospects. He'll likely be a fixture in our top six for the next 10-15 years. He has the potential to be one of the better net front guys in the NHL. The only "hate" I've heard on Rasmussen is that he's probably better suited to play on the wing than at center...

I would have liked to have taken Vilardi over Rasmussen, but I don't think about that when evaluating Ras as a player, and I doubt many people do.

I wasn't a fan of the Cholowski pick but he's one of my favorite prospects now. I think he has the potential to be a very good, maybe even top pair two-way defenseman.

I know what you mean I just get a little heated when I hear Rasmussen get slighted after he puts up 3 points. I just think people don’t appreciate him because he doesn’t have an exciting style of play.

I think Cholo and Ras both took major steps in their development this offseason. Something scouts may have overlooked is their work ethic. Cholo has grown substantially in the last two years and Ras’s skating has improved a lot

Edited by joesuffP

7 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

I know what you mean I just get a little heated when I hear Rasmussen get slighted after he puts up 3 points. I just think people don’t appreciate him because he doesn’t have an exciting style of play.

I think Cholo and Ras both took major steps in their development this offseason. Something scouts may have overlooked is their work ethic. Cholo has grown substantially in the last two years and Ras’s skating has improved a lot

He actually only put up 2 points. He banged in the rebound on the first goal, had nothing to do with the second goal and potted the empty netter. It was Veleno that assisted on Cholowski's goal, not Ras. Oddly enough, it wasn't even him screening the goalie on Cholo's shot, it was Holmstrom.

The bold I agree with.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Looks like Ras is going to make Mantha expendable.

Why? Because they're both tall? They don't play a similar game whatsoever. If anything Rasmussen should eventually make Abdelkader expendable.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

He actually only put up 2 points. He banged in the rebound on the first goal, had nothing to do with the second goal and potted the empty netter. It was Veleno that assisted on Cholowski's goal, not Ras. Oddly enough, it wasn't even him screening the goalie on Cholo's shot, it was Holmstrom.

Rasmussen is lazy and he sucks.

Veleno is crazy and he f***s. 

19 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Love that extra "very". By my calculation that should mean that he turns out 33.333333% better than Mantha. I'd accept that. 

If we're going better than, if we started at two verys and increased to 3 verys, 3 verys is actually 50% better than two verys, but 2 verys is 33.3% worse than 3 verys.