• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

AtlantaHotWings

Tickets at LCA Holy Smokes Batman!!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Was looking at the schedule and ticket prices to budget for my annual trek north to see a game. Last year I paid around 170 per ticket for seats in section 120 row 14 for a game against the Canes in Feb.  I figure I get back to see friends and family and a game once a year so I am willing to spend a little more for my seats and plus I budget for it for a few months. 

Looking at prices/games and I am sure glad I have that new stent in my heart otherwise I might be on the floor writhing in pain. 

Tickets are showing in the same area around 400 bucks on stubhub/ticketmaster etc. Is this due to the season not starting yet and people just putting numbers up there? I am going to hold off and pick a couple of games and see where prices land and it might not be a trip this year if these prices keep holding. Last game of the year against Buffalo seats are over 250 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were these tickets (e.g. $400) via a private party seller/3rd party/ticket vendor, or via direct from the LCA certified ticket provider?  If a private party, yes, typically these prices will go down as the game day approaches.  Especially on game day within an hour or so of the puck drop.  A lot of these private party/3rd party/ticket vendors have systems and algorthmn's in place to maximize profits but to also make sure the tickets get sold and they are not left with a dead asset.  You may also want to call the LCA Box Office and check their pricing (their number is 313.471.7575....I was doing some investigation myself so I had the number handy).

Also, never a shortage of good tickets being sold outside the arena on game day.  Heck, if you even wait a few minutes after puck drop you can get super good deals.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Was looking at the schedule and ticket prices to budget for my annual trek north to see a game. Last year I paid around 170 per ticket for seats in section 120 row 14 for a game against the Canes in Feb.  I figure I get back to see friends and family and a game once a year so I am willing to spend a little more for my seats and plus I budget for it for a few months. 

Looking at prices/games and I am sure glad I have that new stent in my heart otherwise I might be on the floor writhing in pain. 

Tickets are showing in the same area around 400 bucks on stubhub/ticketmaster etc. Is this due to the season not starting yet and people just putting numbers up there? I am going to hold off and pick a couple of games and see where prices land and it might not be a trip this year if these prices keep holding. Last game of the year against Buffalo seats are over 250 

Wait until they go on sale 'officially' which is usually sometime in September...You'll probably find many more 'reasonable' tickets courtesy of that eye-gouging Ticketmaster.

But I do understand where you're coming from...Was gonna take the family to see a game this past March (spring break for the kids)...Instead I decided to go see the Sharks take on the Blues in St.Louis (tickets were literally half the price).

The way I see it...I got to see 2 legit 'NHL calibre' teams play... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All pro sport's tickets are a ripoff. The Wings have not be relevant since 2012 and the ticket prices are astronomical. They want you to believe that Mr. I put his own money up for the LCA, well, YOU are paying for it. These inflated, WAY WAY inflated salaries, like $7M for a player who has never scored over 26 goals and only has 95 for his 5 year career (Mark Stone) that is why these prices are so high, that may be the "market value" for average players, but the reason the tickets are so high are these stupid salaries.

I know the owners make millions and the players want their share, but if the ticket/food/parking prices were affordable (for a family of 4-5) then the owners would make less, way less, thus making "Market Value" for a average player way less. I may be in the minority, but it should not cost more than $100 each (suite prices) to attend a game, and if you are consistently scoring over 100 points, you don't get more than $5M a season. I love the Wings and the sport, but I will never attend a game, even if I were by myself.

Same goes for the other Big 4 sports, in what world does it make sense that a Baseball player is making $30M a season? Or any player for that matter? When you are a starting pitcher with a W/L below .400 and an ERA of over 6? Where in the world does it makes sense that you are making $24M per season? Salaries, owners, players and prices are all out of control in every sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update on the situation called LCA thanks Learn2 for the number.

I was told single game tickets don't go on sale till Aug 24 so not sure how the prices for seats are sitting out there currently maybe season tickets and packages?

LW while you are talking ticket prices the additional insult is the fees Ticketmaster/StubHub etc charge for passing tickets through.  So you buy a ticket at X price add in X% to get the bloody thing pure pure ripoff but you really don't have a choice if you want to see concert, game etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is why I choose not to anymore. I would've loved to get to The Joe for the last season there and then The LCA, but I cannot imagine todays prices for my three sons and I to get tix, park, eat, drink and buy souvenir(s.) Let alone the price of gas to travel 350 miles to Detroit. Yikes! 

If I do get to a game, it'll be the Griffs. Much closer and much, much cheaper. Probably more entertaining too.

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many avenues by which cheap(ish) tickets may be obtained once the season starts. Season ticket holders in particular tend to sell cheap(ish) as game day approaches and they realize they cannot make the game. If/when they fail to sell the tickets, they ultimately give them to a friend...a friend that paid nothing for them and may or may not go to the game. When not a season ticket holder myself, I've gone to many a game for < $100 and that includes my companion's ticket. Tickets pop up on eBay and faceplant all the time at great prices, you just have to enjoy bargain hunting. Being buds with lots of season ticket holders doesn't hurt either.

lol @ Leftwinger. How do you put a price tag on memories that will be with you till you die? I was front and center the day Pavel Datsyuk got a Gordie Howe hat trick. Let me tell you, I'd have paid 10x as much to see that! The next day both my gf and myself had sore throats from shouting at Pasha to KICK COREY PERRY'S ASS!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, LeftWinger said:

All pro sport's tickets are a ripoff. The Wings have not be relevant since 2012 and the ticket prices are astronomical. They want you to believe that Mr. I put his own money up for the LCA, well, YOU are paying for it. These inflated, WAY WAY inflated salaries, like $7M for a player who has never scored over 26 goals and only has 95 for his 5 year career (Mark Stone) that is why these prices are so high, that may be the "market value" for average players, but the reason the tickets are so high are these stupid salaries.

I know the owners make millions and the players want their share, but if the ticket/food/parking prices were affordable (for a family of 4-5) then the owners would make less, way less, thus making "Market Value" for a average player way less. I may be in the minority, but it should not cost more than $100 each (suite prices) to attend a game, and if you are consistently scoring over 100 points, you don't get more than $5M a season. I love the Wings and the sport, but I will never attend a game, even if I were by myself.

Same goes for the other Big 4 sports, in what world does it make sense that a Baseball player is making $30M a season? Or any player for that matter? When you are a starting pitcher with a W/L below .400 and an ERA of over 6? Where in the world does it makes sense that you are making $24M per season? Salaries, owners, players and prices are all out of control in every sport.

Pretty much agree with what you're saying (don't forget the pricing for food/beverages is crazy too), but I will say StubHub has some good deals (for example I took the family to see a Brewers game a few weeks ago, and paid half the price for the same seats you'd get on TicketMaster)...But then I just pi$$ away the $$$ I saved on overpriced food/drinks at Miller Park :glare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Pretty much agree with what you're saying (don't forget the pricing for food/beverages is crazy too), but I will say StubHub has some good deals (for example I took the family to see a Brewers game a few weeks ago, and paid half the price for the same seats you'd get on TicketMaster)...But then I just pi$$ away the $$$ I saved on overpriced food/drinks at Miller Park :glare:

Cook spaghetti and meatballs at home before hand and sneak it in in a freezer bag in your pants. No more high priced concessions. You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Cook spaghetti and meatballs at home before hand and sneak it in in a freezer bag in your pants. No more high priced concessions. You're welcome.

Also works with hot soup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Cook spaghetti and meatballs at home before hand and sneak it in in a freezer bag in your pants. No more high priced concessions. You're welcome.

Yeah, but what if the guy next to me wants some, and I only brought enough for me, and my family?

Then what?

33 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Also works with hot soup. 

I'd rather wear a bandolier of brats strapped to my chest under my shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, LeftWinger said:

All pro sport's tickets are a ripoff. The Wings have not be relevant since 2012 and the ticket prices are astronomical. They want you to believe that Mr. I put his own money up for the LCA, well, YOU are paying for it. These inflated, WAY WAY inflated salaries, like $7M for a player who has never scored over 26 goals and only has 95 for his 5 year career (Mark Stone) that is why these prices are so high, that may be the "market value" for average players, but the reason the tickets are so high are these stupid salaries.

I know the owners make millions and the players want their share, but if the ticket/food/parking prices were affordable (for a family of 4-5) then the owners would make less, way less, thus making "Market Value" for a average player way less. I may be in the minority, but it should not cost more than $100 each (suite prices) to attend a game, and if you are consistently scoring over 100 points, you don't get more than $5M a season. I love the Wings and the sport, but I will never attend a game, even if I were by myself.

Same goes for the other Big 4 sports, in what world does it make sense that a Baseball player is making $30M a season? Or any player for that matter? When you are a starting pitcher with a W/L below .400 and an ERA of over 6? Where in the world does it makes sense that you are making $24M per season? Salaries, owners, players and prices are all out of control in every sport.

The players earn what they deserve, unless you think more should go to the owners of course....which I don't.  They earn what they should earn because of the revenues they bring in.  Ticket prices aren't high because of player salaries, it's more the other way around.  Ticket prices are priced at market....if the market suggests the prices are too high, then prices would come down...simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

The players earn what they deserve, unless you think more should go to the owners of course....which I don't.  They earn what they should earn because of the revenues they bring in.  Ticket prices aren't high because of player salaries, it's more the other way around.  Ticket prices are priced at market....if the market suggests the prices are too high, then prices would come down...simple as that.

I do agree. the owners drive the market by raising the prices, making more money, thus having to pay the players more. I get it that the players deserve their share of the pie. Im not blaming the players, but I'm not interested at all in paying nearly $600 (tickets, parking, food) to go see any player(s) that aren't scoring 60 goals or getting 200 points. I'd pay that kind of money for the one chance to see a player like Gretzky or Lemieux play, but not to watch a couple guy's who maybe, MAYBE get 25 goals a season.

What the heck are 60pt players going to be making 20 years from Now? What will it cost for four tickets? All sports are this out of control. And yes, it's the owners fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Cook spaghetti and meatballs at home before hand and sneak it in in a freezer bag in your pants. No more high priced concessions. You're welcome.

Where do u hide the forks? (Insert keester gif here)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I do agree. the owners drive the market by raising the prices, making more money, thus having to pay the players more. I get it that the players deserve their share of the pie. Im not blaming the players, but I'm not interested at all in paying nearly $600 (tickets, parking, food) to go see any player(s) that aren't scoring 60 goals or getting 200 points. I'd pay that kind of money for the one chance to see a player like Gretzky or Lemieux play, but not to watch a couple guy's who maybe, MAYBE get 25 goals a season.

What the heck are 60pt players going to be making 20 years from Now? What will it cost for four tickets? All sports are this out of control. And yes, it's the owners fault.

Owners do not drive the market. Demand does. Prices aren't too high, you're too poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah, but what if the guy next to me wants some, and I only brought enough for me, and my family?

Then what?

I'd rather wear a bandolier of brats strapped to my chest under my shirt.

Every man for himself, if you're family wants to eat they can smuggle their own. As my father used to say: "this is just one of those nights you don't eat dinner"

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Where do u hide the forks? (Insert keester gif here)

Same as prison.

13 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Owners do not drive the market. Demand does. Prices aren't too high, you're too poor. 

Harsh but true.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

 

I say improvise, adapt, overcome...

p1388_main.jpg&hash=a02d47d21a8a9cc1356f

rsz_img_1341-1.jpg

Been done.

Nathan For You, season 4, episode 2

He develops a "chili suit" to smuggle hot chili into an AHL hockey arena

nfy_04_003_highlight_makingchilisuit_tun

Don't let your memes be dreams

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Owners do not drive the market. Demand does. Prices aren't too high, you're too poor. 

Not by any means am I too poor, but I choose to spend $600 on more important things. Maybe that makes me not as rich as you, but doesnt make me poor. That's just me. I am not judging people that choose to spend that, or more, on going to a sports game, look at how much a ticket to the Super Bowl costs, but IMO it's way too much and it's only getting worse. I won't pay it. But that doesn't mean you are wrong to. Maybe if one day i win the mega or powerball, i wont care how much tickets are. That's where it's headed IMO . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Been done.

Nathan For You, season 4, episode 2

He develops a "chili suit" to smuggle hot chili into an AHL hockey arena

nfy_04_003_highlight_makingchilisuit_tun

Don't let your memes be dreams

shouldn't it be the other way around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now