• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Dylan Larkin Signs ($6.1M x 5 yrs)

Rate this topic

Not team friendly At all. Thanks for the memories Zetterberg. Nearly exact cap hit as Z, so obvious he is done. If not, then Rasmussen returns to play with 17 tear olds and Zadina wastes his time in the AHL. I am glad he is locked in, but I'd of rather seen 6 years $30M, instead of 5 years $30M

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Not team friendly At all. Thanks for the memories Zetterberg. Nearly exact cap hit as Z, so obvious he is done. If not, then Rasmussen returns to play with 17 tear olds and Zadina wastes his time in the AHL. I am glad he is locked in, but I'd of rather seen 6 years $30M, instead of 5 years $30M

Vanek signed for nearly the exact cap hit as Mantha, so obvious Mantha is done.

Only you could be upset by this deal

30 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So when he is 28 he will command a hefty price tag if he delivers for the next 5 good idea on his part. Still could get an 8 year Super Payday deal and finish his career here.  Sure hope the cap keeps going up cause we might need it...

Although he may command a hefty price tag... he'll settle for less money$ because he's a home-town kid and wanting to keep the childhood dream of playing for the Wings alive :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Vanek signed for nearly the exact cap hit as Mantha, so obvious Mantha is done.

Only you could be upset by this deal

Did I say I was upset with It? It's just not team friendly. But it is Z's salary, which, in order to have Rasmussen up, will have to come from LTIR. Franzen's is all but used up with this contract. If the plan is to keep Rasmussen in the teenage league and Zadina in the AHL, then Ken Holland blew smoke up all your asses because instead of having 2-5 new kids in the lineup, there will be ZERO. Not even on D. So what page of the Holland Guide to GM'ing is this on? Lying to all the fans and signing players we don't need. UNLESS Z is done, then there will be room for 2 new kids. But if Z plays, then no new kids. We have ZERO cap space, 13 Fwds, 6 D. No room for any new kids.

Team friendly is 6 years $5M, it's still $30M, but allows for more cap flexibility. Trust me, I am glad he is signed, and sure, it's a good term, but it would be better if it was the same money, less cap hit. 

Edited by LeftWinger

57 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Did I say I was upset with It? It's just not team friendly. But it is Z's salary, which, in order to have Rasmussen up, will have to come from LTIR. Franzen's is all but used up with this contract. If the plan is to keep Rasmussen in the teenage league and Zadina in the AHL, then Ken Holland blew smoke up all your asses because instead of having 2-5 new kids in the lineup, there will be ZERO. Not even on D. So what page of the Holland Guide to GM'ing is this on? Lying to all the fans and signing players we don't need. UNLESS Z is done, then there will be room for 2 new kids. But if Z plays, then no new kids. We have ZERO cap space, 13 Feds, 8 D. No room for any new kids.

Team friendly is 6 years $5M, it's still $30M, but allows for more cap flexibility. Trust me, I am glad he is signed, and sure, it's a good term, but it would be better if it was the same money, less cap hit. 

Why didn't Athanasiou sign for 3 years $2M? It's still $6M, but allows for more cap flexibility. Athansiou's deal is not team friendly.

Zetterberg has nothing to do with Larkin's contract, and Larkin's contract has nothing to do with Zetterberg.

You're ranting about Holland lying about how many prospects will make the team, because Holland inked a contract with Larkin (a roster player) that we've been expecting for months? Baffling to say the least. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

58 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Did I say I was upset with It? It's just not team friendly. But it is Z's salary, which, in order to have Rasmussen up, will have to come from LTIR. Franzen's is all but used up with this contract. If the plan is to keep Rasmussen in the teenage league and Zadina in the AHL, then Ken Holland blew smoke up all your asses because instead of having 2-5 new kids in the lineup, there will be ZERO. Not even on D. So what page of the Holland Guide to GM'ing is this on? Lying to all the fans and signing players we don't need. UNLESS Z is done, then there will be room for 2 new kids. But if Z plays, then no new kids. We have ZERO cap space, 13 Fwds, 6 D. No room for any new kids.

Look around the league. Look at other center putting up 60 points or less, making 7, 8, or even 10.5 million (Toews) for less than 60 points. Stastny made 7 million last year for 60 points. Getzlaf made 8.5. He's not robbing the bank here, he has the potential to go up to a ppg, and if he does we have him for a bargain.