• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

No More Hockeytown At Center Ice?

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I like it - very plain, and to the point.

The 'Hockeytown' moniker was great at the Joe, but now I feel the team needs to move on...Also - please take the 'Mr. I' patches (and any other patch for that matter)  off the jerseys as well please, and thank you.

I didn't mind the Vlad patches or Mr. I patches at all. Just limit them to one year and I'm happy. Otherwise I want the simple unchanged jersey. Bold Red. Clean white. Simple logo. No adds. No third jersey. Respect tradition.

As others have said, the clean look of the logo alone looks great.  The Hockeytown logo was good during the 4 cups from 1997-2008 era but with the team in a rebuild mode and placing in the bottom half of the league it was not working.  Kind of like a team’s fan base saying they are the greatest ever but have either never won a cup in either franchise’s existence or are in a longer cup drought than Detroit endured from 1955-1997.

No more losing?

Do you think they just didn't renew the trademark and want to move forward with new philosophies?

I certainly hope so...but I do despise the commercialization of center ice. But, that's the corporate world! What's next, advertising on game sweaters?

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

No more losing?

Do you think they just didn't renew the trademark and want to move forward with new philosophies?

I certainly hope so...but I do despise the commercialization of center ice. But, that's the corporate world! What's next, advertising on game sweaters?

just be thankful it hasn't come to be like our local arena.

Image result for fort wayne komets ice

1 hour ago, kylee said:

I wish there were less ads on the ice. I want it clean like JLA circa 1987 lol

I agree.  The boards as well.  Does anybody buy these companies' products because their logos are on a freaking hockey rink?  Come on, even American consumers aren't that weak minded.  

37 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I agree.  The boards as well.  Does anybody buy these companies' products because their logos are on a freaking hockey rink?  Come on, even American consumers aren't that weak minded.  

with all the current technology they could have virtual advertising and keep the boards clean. Kinda like what they did it in the World Cup of hockey.

LG2D5466JZGIZEV2XPSNCHMWLI

The digitally enhanced boards are the result of a two-year process involving the NHL, its broadcasters, and London-based Supponor, which provides hardware that uses infrared signals to replace the on-site boards with digital ad images during the broadcasts. It's the first time the NHL has experimented with this kind of technology, which has already been used by La Liga in Spain for ads alongside soccer pitches.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/nhl-hopes-to-score-with-virtual-advertisements-on-rink-boards/article31974638/

We'd still see them in the broadcasting, and the ads could vary depending on the local broadcaster, but at least boards would be clean for those attending the game.

Edited by NerveDamage

46 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

with all the current technology they could have virtual advertising and keep the boards clean. Kinda like what they did it in the World Cup of hockey.

LG2D5466JZGIZEV2XPSNCHMWLI

The digitally enhanced boards are the result of a two-year process involving the NHL, its broadcasters, and London-based Supponor, which provides hardware that uses infrared signals to replace the on-site boards with digital ad images during the broadcasts. It's the first time the NHL has experimented with this kind of technology, which has already been used by La Liga in Spain for ads alongside soccer pitches.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/nhl-hopes-to-score-with-virtual-advertisements-on-rink-boards/article31974638/

We'd still see them in the broadcasting, and the ads could vary depending on the local broadcaster, but at least boards would be clean for those attending the game.

I was not a fan of it at all, was a huge distraction to me. 

Feeling a bit salty this morning so ....

Are we going through a bit of rough times sure but does that mean we still aren't Hockeytown home of Howe, Lindsay, Yzerman etc? We are an original 6 and don't have to be like Vegas or others with all the crazy crap pregame stuff. We know the game we appreciate the details of the game. Eventually the ship will turn around and that moniker will fit.  If you want to remove the ads AND Hockeytown off center ice I could possibly agree and go with an "old school" look if you will 

rant continues

All this lets get "modernized" and hip is all kinda crap in my eyes. 

Let's start being like all the franchises and do the same song after a goal.

Let's pull down the all the championship banners 

Let's pull down the retired jerseys

Let's get rid of Don't stop believing after a victory. 

Let's get rid of the Octopus visual's(they already have crushed the throwing)

Let's change the colors from red to maybe teal as the marketing survey says so.

My old crusty arse says sometimes leaving things in place hooks the future with the past ie the banners, jerseys, songs etc.

rant over

Feel free to flame away I am getting another cup of coffee.....

On 8/26/2018 at 1:18 AM, kylee said:

Good. 

Why?  Hockeytown is about the fans.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:04 AM, F.Michael said:

I like it - very plain, and to the point.

The 'Hockeytown' moniker was great at the Joe, but now I feel the team needs to move on...Also - please take the 'Mr. I' patches (and any other patch for that matter)  off the jerseys as well please, and thank you.

Hockeytown moniker is about the fans.

39 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Feeling a bit salty this morning so ....

Are we going through a bit of rough times sure but does that mean we still aren't Hockeytown home of Howe, Lindsay, Yzerman etc? We are an original 6 and don't have to be like Vegas or others with all the crazy crap pregame stuff. We know the game we appreciate the details of the game. Eventually the ship will turn around and that moniker will fit.  If you want to remove the ads AND Hockeytown off center ice I could possibly agree and go with an "old school" look if you will 

rant continues

All this lets get "modernized" and hip is all kinda crap in my eyes. 

Let's start being like all the franchises and do the same song after a goal.

Let's pull down the all the championship banners 

Let's pull down the retired jerseys

Let's get rid of Don't stop believing after a victory. 

Let's get rid of the Octopus visual's(they already have crushed the throwing)

Let's change the colors from red to maybe teal as the marketing survey says so.

My old crusty arse says sometimes leaving things in place hooks the future with the past ie the banners, jerseys, songs etc.

rant over

Feel free to flame away I am getting another cup of coffee.....

It pisses me off that they are removing it.  Mr. I had it trademarked because it's about the city and the fans not about the team.

4 hours ago, xault said:

Our city doesn't deserve to be called hockeytown anymore. Maybe when fans come back and fill out that lower bowl  seats again. Sad site to see during notional televise games.

The fans are not just in Detroit...