• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

No More Hockeytown At Center Ice?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I've basically used that same argument to suggest that ads on uniforms is not a big deal.  It seems like it now, because we aren't used to them, but the minute you become used to them you don't see them.  Like tattoos.

No.

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I've basically used that same argument to suggest that ads on uniforms is not a big deal.  It seems like it now, because we aren't used to them, but the minute you become used to them you don't see them.  Like tattoos.

IF additional revenue by doing this would prompt NHL teams to lower ticket prices where I can actually take my kids to a game without forking over a month's mortgage payment...then maybe.  However, I know better and understand.  It's a business and doing this would only go to bolster team's bottom line$$.

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I like how La Liga (soccer league equivalent to NHL) in Europe has it. There's one big ad but it's simple and clean and classy. If there's any other ads it's usually tiny and in a corner. In this case it's "Adidas". The left side is just the logo of the actual team. 

The back is clear of ads and just has player name and number like NHL does. 

416x416.jpg?background=000000&cropX1=451

cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

988400492.jpg.0.jpg

Another example: Nike on top right, team logo on top left. Major sponsor in the middle. It's subtle and effective advertising and keeps the jersey mostly clean at the same time. 

imageedit_2_8207118175.jpg

Edited by kickazz

36 minutes ago, kickazz said:

imageedit_2_8207118175.jpg

Soccer's uniforms are lazy and they suck.

Awesome sweaters help define the NHL. Even people who don't like hockey will admit that NHL sweaters are orders of magnitude better than the stuff athletes wear in the other major NA team sports.

Screw ads. I'm not even all that keen on special non-advertisement patches. KISS.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Soccer's uniforms are lazy and they suck.

Which must mean they are good. 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Awesome sweaters help define the NHL. Even people who don't like hockey will admit that NHL sweaters are orders of magnitude better than the stuff athletes wear in the other major NA team sports.

Screw ads. I'm not even all that keen on special non-advertisement patches. KISS.

All I'm saying is; if the NHL does go the advertisement route, I like the soccer style aka keep it simple with the ad. If you see the European NHL jerseys they are filled with s*** all over; NASCAR being even worse. The La Liga soccer one's have one major ad in the front. That's about it. 

Like wtf is this s***: Just staring at this pic makes me suffocate and s*** in my underwear to relieve the suffocation. Like, I would rather get turned into a cookie and eaten by Fat Buu. Know what I mean? 

20121013-20121013-_DSC7688_crop_exact.jp

Edited by kickazz

I wonder if fans of other sports are as pathologically insecure as hockey fans are when it comes to soccer?  Like, I wonder if baseball fans keep themselves up at night worrying that their beloved game will become too much like cricket? Or if the existence of rugby just gives football fans the vapors?

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I wonder if fans of other sports are as pathologically insecure as hockey fans are when it comes to soccer?  Like, I wonder if baseball fans keep themselves up at night worrying that their beloved game will become too much like cricket? Or if the existence of rugby just gives football fans the vapors?

No because we Americans live in a bubble and most people probably don't even know what Cricket is and some still think Soccer isn't that popular. Even though  those two are the two most popular sports in the world. 

Speaking of Cricket. They keep their ads simple as well:

v8supercars-sydney-2011-matthew-white-fr

australia-cricket-1430668227.jpg

Edited by kickazz

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

According to this guy's list. Hockey not in the top 10 but guess who number 12 is: Awwwyeaaaaa 

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/gallery/best-uniforms-sports-history-greatest-50-chargers-yankees-cowboys-050217

Edited by kickazz

Hockey and soccer are basically nothing alike.  Aside from the fact that both have goals, they starkly different.  If anything you'd think ice hockey fans would be deathly afraid that the sport would become more like field hockey or something. 

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hockey and soccer are basically nothing alike.  Aside from the fact that both have goals, they starkly different.  If anything you'd think ice hockey fans would be deathly afraid that the sport would become more like field hockey or something. 

They are polar opposites:

giphy.gif

buff2.gif?w=650

I'm terrified of soccer. At first it's just a few pick up games at the park down the road, but then pretty soon they're playing it in the street in front of your house, and well - as they say - there goes the neighborhood. So you move across town, but it doesn't make a difference, because it's already in the schools and now your own kids have learned it. "it's just a harmless game between friends" your daughter says. Then one day she brings a soccer ball home with her... How could this happen? You never raised her like this. So you argue, but it's too late, even your wife is taking your daughters side now, urging YOU, the man of the house, to keep an open mind... So you reluctantly agree to, but deep down you feel the embarrassment. The shame. Your family will never be the same. You know what must be done. After they fall asleep you grab what lil hockey equipment you have left in the house and slip on out the backdoor... With a tear in your eye you stare back over your shoulder one last time wondering how it all went so wrong... Then you ramble on down the road. I've seen it a hundred times. It's a tragedy as old as time.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Put advertisements on the uniforms in the bottom video and we'll no longer be able to tell them apart.  It's a slippery slope my friend. 

Wrong forum, m8. Here's the one you're looking for:

letsgowings.com/im-a-dirty-anglophile-and-i-hate-freedom-and-puppies

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

One of the best videos for differences in "football" vs hockey 

kids learning hockey

hockey-fight-gif-3.gif

kids learning soccer

b68bc988a2c5f3b7f22003d5ed4b086f.gif

uh oh, too many memes and off topic content fellas, here come the mods... (cue star wars music)

EmotionalIllinformedAntbear-size_restric

Edited by NerveDamage

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

is that a no no? will I get beat up by cheeseheads? what if I share some of my curds? should I go to Ford Field instead?

I'm being a smartass...We 'Cheeseheads' are generally a nice bunch...Lambeau is nice - you'll have fun.

Don't be afraid of joining in on this addicting chant...

Edited by F.Michael

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I went to a Buffalo Bills game once in enemy attire (I'm not a Lions fan). Those drunk bastards were ruthless/relentless. But that might just be a Buffalo thing IDK.

Went to a handful of Red Wing games in Chicago, and wore my jerseys...Not all, but the majority of Blackhawk fans were/are a bunch of pricks.