• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Canes Want Third Logo. Asking Fans To Tweet Them.

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Liar!

Me thinks there's sumthin going on with the Yotes...I mean - now those a$$hats are talking about a new arena in Scottsdale that'll apparently attract more 'fans' to the game...Simply pathetic.

South Park did it...

Edited by NerveDamage

33 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Liar!

Me thinks there's sumthin going on with the Yotes...I mean - now those a$$hats are talking about a new arena in Scottsdale that'll apparently attract more 'fans' to the game...Simply pathetic.

No its true.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/throwback-thursday-new-look-for-nordiques-if-they-stayed-in-quebec

null

Interesting article on the arena issues:

The issue with Phoenix has more to do with poor team management, ownership and losing more than anything else. Relocation to a better spot might help somewhat, but it won't fix everything. What I don't buy is the "it won't work because Phoenix is a non-hockey market" argument. It has been proven time and time again that the NHL can succeed in non-traditional markets, and fail in traditional ones. Geography is too often a scapegoat. It is an obstacle for sure, but so is having a smaller population and a weaker Canadian dollar, and I didn't hear traditionalists arguing against having teams in Winnipeg, Minnesota, Quebec City, or Hartford. In the end, even in the weakest markets, good ownership, management, and a competitive on ice product can and does succeed. Phoenix should be no different. At the same time, even in the best of markets, teams can still fail. There are a lot of other factors at play besides location.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No its true.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/throwback-thursday-new-look-for-nordiques-if-they-stayed-in-quebec

null

Interesting article on the arena issues:

The issue with Phoenix has more to do with poor team management, ownership and losing more than anything else. Relocation to a better spot might help somewhat, but it won't fix everything. What I don't buy is the "it won't work because Phoenix is a non-hockey market" argument. It has been proven time and time again that the NHL can succeed in non-traditional markets, and fail in traditional ones. Geography is too often a scapegoat. It is an obstacle for sure, but so is having a smaller population and a weaker Canadian dollar, and I didn't hear traditionalists arguing against having teams in Winnipeg, Minnesota, Quebec City, or Hartford. In the end, even in the weakest markets, good ownership, management, and a competitive on ice product can and does succeed. Phoenix should be no different. At the same time, even in the best of markets, teams can still fail. There are a lot of other factors at play besides location.

Timberwolves ripped that off

20130718__timberwolves_logo.jpg?w=620

My beef with the Yotes is that not only have they been run poorly, but they’ve also manage to pi$$ away millions in which taxpayers were responsible for paying the tab.

The Yotes have had more than enough time to turn that club around. I don’t think any other franchise in pro sports has been given so many chances - it’s an embarrassment to the league, and that team should’ve been relocated elsewhere years ago.

22 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Get rid of the rose logo.  Bring back one of the greatest logos in sports history.  Colors as well.  If the Carolina mountain people in the audience don't associate with that logo, too bad. 

It's embarrassing that one of the greatest logos and jerseys in sports isn't being used.  Instead, we get the rose logo and the cookie cutter red and white jerseys that 1/3 of the teams in the league wear.    

whale.png.03ecaea0d874aadc34fbaed7660d68e4.png

That one? I wouldn't call that great at all. Kinda dumb even. Plus, "Whale-ers"? It's not even right. Also, stop glorifying whale genocide.

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

U kno whales arent even fish? Theyre not even supposed to be in the water. Fake ass fish. Screw em. 

Yeah, they're mammals. Like you. Class traitor. See where that gets you once the revolution starts and mammals take over the world.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Damn, one of the coolest jerseys of all time fersure.

Was kinda hoping Seattle was gonna steal 90% of the colors and design though...

Seattle does not deserve even 10% of The Whale.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Such a sexy jersey. I own 7 NHL jerseys... All Red Wings. F*** every other team... But I want one of these so bad...

4 reelz

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We're taking this whale

1ca619f2dffc3045.jpg

It's like the Sharks' shark and the Canucks' orca had a baby and got it hooked on cocaine.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So they're only wearing them for one game on December 23rd vs the Bruins?...

I'm really hoping that's not the case. If so...the NHL truly does suck at marketing.

EDIT

Seems they'll be wearing them twice:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/hurricanes-to-host-whalers-night-on-december-23-boston/c-300443024

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

It's like the Sharks' shark and the Canucks' orca had a baby and got it hooked on cocaine.

I'm really hoping that's not the case. If so...the NHL truly does suck at marketing.

EDIT

Seems they'll be wearing them twice:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/hurricanes-to-host-whalers-night-on-december-23-boston/c-300443024

Cocaine, so rampant right now

I hear that coaches "Do Lines" before every game

Shameful