• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Steve Yzerman to step down as GM for TBL. Will serve in "Advisory Role".

Rate this topic

Just now, LeftWinger said:

If Seattle gets their team by next season, Yzerman will be our GM for the 19/20 season. 

I don't know why everyone seems to think Holland to Seattle is such a sure thing. I'd be shocked to see him take on an expansion team to be honest. Who knows though, I guess it could happen...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't know why everyone seems to think Holland to Seattle is such a sure thing. I'd be shocked to see him take on an expansion team to be honest. Who knows though, I guess it could happen...

I know he wants the challenge of rebuilding Detroit, but what's more challenging than building a team from scratch? I think Holland would jump at the chance.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I know he wants the challenge of rebuilding Detroit, but what's more challenging than building a team from scratch? I think Holland would jump at the chance.

IMO...I'm thinking he will be offered the Seattle job (IF they get a team), but he'll decline and head "upstairs" for the Wings in an advisory role (SVP and Alt Governor) .  I'm thinking Jimmy D at age 75 might step down.

Kenny will be 63 this November, and that would make him 64 by the time his first season with Seattle is getting underway (if the team ramps up by 2019-2020 season).  He's got 4 kids who most are still in the area.  Really nice home in the area.  He has summer vacation home in Ontario which is a fairly short drive (considering) from the Detroit area.  I just don't see it.   At his age, what he's already accomplished, doesn't need the money, moving literally all the way across the country to Seattle (or at least spend 2/3 of his year away from his home and family).  I don't think he will. 

President and CEO - Chris Illitch

Senior VP - Holland

Executive VP - Sergie Fedorov

GM - Steve Yzerman

Assistant GM - Kris Draper 

Coach - Daryl Sutter

Assistant coaches -

Niklas Lidstrom (defense and PK),

Brett Hull (offense and PP)

Goaltending coach - Dominic Hasek

2022-25 = Three peat Cup reign

(FSN broadcasters Ken, Mik, Chris Osgood and Manny Legacy) 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I can dig it. But Igor has to be in there somewhere! Great hockey mind!

40 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Swap him for Hull and I'm down

I don't think Igor has any connections to Detroit anymore. I picked Hull because he was close to Yzerman and is a North American (currently living in St Louis I think) so it could be feasible from him to actually be around, while Igor is back in Russia doing his thing.

Sergei still considers Detroit his home (got that giant Bloomfield house with the Tennis court) and his mom lives in Michigan if I'm not mistaken. 

A good alternate to Hull would technically be Shanahan; but he betrayed us with Maple Leafs. 

Edited by kickazz

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I don't think Igor has any connections to Detroit anymore. I picked Hull because he was close to Yzerman and is a North American (currently living in St Louis I think) so it could be feasible from him to actually be around, while Igor is back in Russia doing his thing.

Sergei still considers Detroit his home (got that giant Bloomfield house with the Tennis court) and his mom lives in Michigan if I'm not mistaken. 

A good alternate to Hull would technically be Shanahan; but he betrayed us with Maple Leafs. 

But then I wonder... What's to stop Chris Chelios from coming back and becoming Co-GM?

@BottleOfSmoke @marcaractac

Edited by kickazz

Quotes from the BobFather during his podcast:

“I’m not saying there’s been any discussions - because if there were it would be tampering - but I think everybody in hockey feels like Steve Yzerman is destined to end up with the Detroit Red Wings."

“Now, Kenny Holland just signed a two-year extension prior to this season. I could envision - and this is just me spitballing, this is not anything that’s in place, I’m not reporting any breakthrough here - I’m spitballing and saying what I could see happening is Steve Yzerman coming in to run the fortunes of the Detroit Red Wings when his contract expires in Tampa after this coming season."

“And I could see Kenny Holland moving up the food chain to make way for Yzerman, or I could see Kenny Holland maybe being a candidate or a possibility with the new Seattle expansion team."

“And I don’t want to get too hung up on contracts and timing and what have you. I just think the conventional hockey wisdom amongst most of us in the game who do this for a living is we feel like Yzerman is going to be boots on the ground with the Detroit Red Wings sooner rather than later once his contract expires."

“But I do not know that as a fact, and you couldn’t know it as a fact because I don’t believe for a moment that anything has been agreed to. But that’s my feeling on Stevie Y eventually ending up with the Red Wings.”

Someone asked if Yzerman could be up for the job with the Vancouver Canucks. Mckenzie's response:

“Short answer, for all the reasons I said: If you think Steve Yzerman felt uncomfortable geographically being in Tampa - even though I think his birth certificate shows Cranbrook, British Columbia - there’s not a chance in the world he’s going to end up with the Vancouver Canucks,” said hockey’s No. 1 Insider. “And an I said, I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t work out somehow, sometime with the Detroit Red Wings.”

Transcript

Steven's coming back to us nerds. Can't wait to see those custom Yzerman TBL jersey's burn. ******* heretics.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 9/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, LeftWinger said:

He wouldn't have to fix his own mistakes.

The timing is prefect for Stevie becoming our next GM. Holland signed a 2 year deal, Stevie can advise in Tampa for a year, work with the Wings for a year to analyze the organization, then take over for Kenny who becomes Senior VP.

On 9/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, kickazz said:

Senior VP - Holland

GM - Steve Yzerman

Coach - Daryl Sutter

Assistant coaches -

Ilya Bryzgalov color commentator or bust!  :lol:

Frank Seravalli's 31 Bold Predictions: Golden Knights will hoist Stanley Cup

https://www.tsn.ca/31-bold-predictions-golden-knights-will-hoist-stanley-cup-1.1183952

DETROIT - Steve Yzerman will return home to become the Red Wings’ next general manager after fulfilling his contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning at the end of this season. After 30-plus years with the Wings and four Stanley Cups, the time will be right for Ken Holland to step into another role.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:44 PM, kickazz said:

Senior VP - Holland

GM - Steve Yzerman

Coach - Daryl Sutter

Assistant coaches -

You forgot about me

Related image

I think Yzerman is glorified more than a bit. He's made his fair share of mistakes. Matt Carle. Anders Lindback. His Success has mostly come from drafting and trades. Drafting that he learned from Ken and stole many of our staff on the way out. And in terms of trades Kenny has been hot fire recently as well.

IDK, starting to think Yzerman wouldn't be that much of a change at all