• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Steve Yzerman to step down as GM for TBL. Will serve in "Advisory Role".

Rate this topic

On 2/7/2019 at 3:50 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sorry I've been AWOL everyone, been traveling heavy for work lately.

Just need to pop my head in to share some possible insider info I picked up.

Recently had a long conversation with Kyle Kos, former 2nd round pick of TBL back in 97. He never made the NHL, but bounced around the AHL, ECHL, and a few other leagues throughout his career. However he did play for the Vipers and the Motor City Mechanics during the lockout when Chelios, Avery, and Hatcher were there. He became good friends with Chelly during that time and knows the Wings brass decently enough.

I believe @LeftWinger mentioned he heard a rumor from a friend of a Wings trainer earlier this season that Yzerman would be taking over in January. Obviously that didn't happen... or did it kinda?

Mr. Kos told me, in not so many words, that Yzerman has been running the Wings since pretty much the moment he stepped down as GM of Tampa. His "advisory role" with Tampa is all show, as he is actually advising the Wings behind the scenes. Holland is all but a figurehead, and his voice has come in second to Yzerman's all season. Any trades we witness over the next month will be the work of Stevie Y, not Holland.

Stevie will officially assume the title of GM when his contract on paper with Tampa expires this summer. At that time, Holland will graciously step-down and will join Seattle Hockey Ops under senior advisor Dave Tippett.

Just prior to meeting Kyle Kos, I remember reading an article in the Seattle Times that had an interview with Dave Tippett. In the article Tippett basically alluded to the fact that he already had someone penciled in as his GM, and that the name would be "surprising" if he was able to share it *cough* Ken Holland *cough*

TLDR: Yzerman is already Wings GM and Holland is already in Seattle all but physically.

EDIT: Kos also said Avery is a super nice/cool dude in real life, and Kid Rock is super insecure and tries to be "one of the boys" whenever he's with Chelly and other pro athletes, but it just comes off as insecure and sad lol

:shifty:

13 hours ago, kylee said:

I’ll be so happy if both Holland and Blashill are gone after this season 

Weren't you saying this about Babcock as well? Be careful what you wish for amirite? 

12 hours ago, brett said:

how butt ******* blashill still has a job is beyond me

Probably because most hockey people think he's a good coach

12 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

3 day a year Holland

02/19/18: Traded Mrazek to Philly.

02/26/18: Traded Tatar to Vegas.

06/22/18: NHL draft

06/23/18: NHL draft day 2

06/24/18: Traded Russo to Arizona.

06/25/18: Signed Bertuzzi and Frk to contract extensions.

07/01/2018: Signed Green, Vanek, Bernier, Sateri, and Megan to contracts.

07/05/2018: Signed AA to a contract extension.

07/07/18: Signed Zadina to an ELC.

07/11/18: Signed Mantha to a contract extension.

08/10/18: Signed Larkin to a contract extension.

This is all just the major stuff that KH would be directly involved with. Seems like he worked more than 3 days in 2018, right?

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Weren't you saying this about Babcock as well? Be careful what you wish for amirite? 

Probably because most hockey people think he's a good coach

Wrekt 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

02/19/18: Traded Mrazek to Philly.

02/26/18: Traded Tatar to Vegas.

06/22/18: NHL draft

06/23/18: NHL draft day 2

06/24/18: Traded Russo to Arizona.

06/25/18: Signed Bertuzzi and Frk to contract extensions.

07/01/2018: Signed Green, Vanek, Bernier, Sateri, and Megan to contracts.

07/05/2018: Signed AA to a contract extension.

07/07/18: Signed Zadina to an ELC.

07/11/18: Signed Mantha to a contract extension.

08/10/18: Signed Larkin to a contract extension.

This is all just the major stuff that KH would be directly involved with. Seems like he worked more than 3 days in 2018, right?

All those things dont count he only works 3 days

13 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

3 day a year Holland

Facts

7 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

And who in the world would that be..?

Like I said. Hockey people with knowledge. You know, like, the opposite of most LGWers. 

He wouldn't be out a head coaching job for long if he were fired at the end of this season. 

53 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Like I said. Hockey people with knowledge. You know, like, the opposite of most LGWers. 

He wouldn't be out a head coaching job for long if he were fired at the end of this season. 

I think once he's done here it'll be hard for him to get a job... if he does it'll be with a team in a non-traditional hockey market where teams have sucked for ever...

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So since I think he is not an NHL coach I have no "hockey knowledge" or since I am on this site? I disagree massively on your statement. You going to tell me Blashill would find a job right away, while proven winners like Joel Quenneville still doesn't have a coaching job anywhere or even from what I heard been talked to? Yes, I know the roster isn't what Quenneville's was but this team is better then what Blashill has done to it. All Blashill has done is spew bulls*** into our ears, and everyone is sick of it. He isn't an NHL coach and never will be. 

So please tell me what Blashill has done that would make him a better coaching fit then someone like a Quenneville? Here is the list of what I could think of....

F***ING NOTHING.

3 hours ago, mackel said:

I think once he's done here it'll be hard for him to get a job... if he does it'll be with a team in a non-traditional hockey market where teams have sucked for ever...

2 hours ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

So since I think he is not an NHL coach I have no "hockey knowledge" or since I am on this site? I disagree massively on your statement. You going to tell me Blashill would find a job right away, while proven winners like Joel Quenneville still doesn't have a coaching job anywhere or even from what I heard been talked to? Yes, I know the roster isn't what Quenneville's was but this team is better then what Blashill has done to it. All Blashill has done is spew bulls*** into our ears, and everyone is sick of it. He isn't an NHL coach and never will be. 

So please tell me what Blashill has done that would make him a better coaching fit then someone like a Quenneville? Here is the list of what I could think of....

F***ING NOTHING.

https://theathletic.com/780292/2019/01/22/where-things-stand-with-jeff-blashill-and-the-red-wings/

It's a paywall sight but here's a quote:

One measure of Blashill’s performance is whether or not he’d immediately get another job opportunity if Detroit cut him loose. One team executive outside of Detroit felt like it would be a lock.

“I guarantee he does,” said the executive of Blashill landing another job. “He’s a pretty respected guy. He’s prepared. He’s open-minded, very competitive. He’s a quick thinker who is a confident, strong leader who is also able to check his ego.”

From someone who gets paid to do hockey stuff. Anyway, think whatever the f*** you want. But at least be mindful that there are people out there that feel he's a good coach. kewlllll

32 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

https://theathletic.com/780292/2019/01/22/where-things-stand-with-jeff-blashill-and-the-red-wings/

It's a paywall sight but here's a quote:

One measure of Blashill’s performance is whether or not he’d immediately get another job opportunity if Detroit cut him loose. One team executive outside of Detroit felt like it would be a lock.

“I guarantee he does,” said the executive of Blashill landing another job. “He’s a pretty respected guy. He’s prepared. He’s open-minded, very competitive. He’s a quick thinker who is a confident, strong leader who is also able to check his ego.”

From someone who gets paid to do hockey stuff. Anyway, think whatever the f*** you want. But at least be mindful that there are people out there that feel he's a good coach. kewlllll

I mean they aren't going to come out and bash him but sorry, I know he's your favorite. kewllll