• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Steve Yzerman to step down as GM for TBL. Will serve in "Advisory Role".

Rate this topic

Yzerman heavily involved in present, but future uncertain with Lightning [NHL.com]

"I know he's around, because I'm there," BriseBois. "But when I talk to people, they don't seem to grasp how around he's been all year.

"He's missed maybe a handful of home games. He's been at pretty much every home game. Usually when we're home for a homestand, he comes in from Detroit. He's been at some of our road games. I went and scouted with him to a number of (American Hockey League) weekends, junior games. So, he's been very involved.

"I talk to him pretty much every day. He was obviously very involved in the month leading up to the [2019 NHL Trade Deadline on Feb. 25]. He was involved in all of our midyear meetings. And I know he's been a resource as well for our coaches and our players. I know he's reached out to some of them; some of them have reached out to him. Obviously, he's been a great sounding board for me, but he's been a great sounding board for our entire organization."

"He is involved. He is so involved. I cannot begin to adequately convey how involved he is."

giphy.webp

48 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I can see Y making a coaching change

Seems like all this speculation about Yzerman always runs into this gray area of "Wait, how would that work?"

Does Holland extend Blashill only to have Yzerman fire him soon after?

Does Holland tell Blashill he's not sure what they're gonna do because Yzerman might be taking over? "Just keep your phone on. I dunno. lol"

Does Holland give two s***s about what Yzerman wants? (Does Chris Ilitch?)

Is Holland thinking to himself, "Yeah, I feel like I'm doing pretty well with this whole rebuild thing. We might get Hughes or Kakko and Zadina's looking pretty good and Hronek's looking pretty good and Larkin's a franchise center. I think I'll call it quits now and let Yzerman take the wheel and if Yzerman wins a Cup with the foundation I created then he'll get all the credit and that's cool with me"?

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Seems like all this speculation about Yzerman always runs into this gray area of "Wait, how would that work?"

Does Holland extend Blashill only to have Yzerman fire him soon after?

Does Holland tell Blashill he's not sure what they're gonna do because Yzerman might be taking over? "Just keep your phone on. I dunno. lol"

Does Holland give two s***s about what Yzerman wants? (Does Chris Ilitch?)

Is Holland thinking to himself, "Yeah, I feel like I'm doing pretty well with this whole rebuild thing. We might get Hughes or Kakko and Zadina's looking pretty good and Hronek's looking pretty good and Larkin's a franchise center. I think I'll call it quits now and let Yzerman take the wheel and if Yzerman wins a Cup with the foundation I created then he'll get all the credit and that's cool with me"?

Meanwhile Kris Draper:

hqdefault.jpg